Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catcalled

Liz
    You look amazing!

Good on you girl very well done

Julie

I can see why they whistled with those legs. You look great, enjoy!

I would hope that the catcall was acknowledging your great looks, although it is something that a lot of women do not like and are campaigning against. Seemingly it must still be legal in Spain, whereas Spain's only neighbours, France and Portugal, have outlawed it this year with "Street Harassment" legislation.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Platinum Member
    I think you look amazingly feminine. The legs and shortness of your dress and your slender figure would strongly suggest the catcalls were for some lovely lady.

Fantastic! You look amazing in these pictures!
    Estas preciosa.
    You'll never walk alone.

Anyone seeing those legs and figure would have a good reason for legit catcall - not for a joke.
    Hugs, Ellen

Hi Carolina

Your first time out ... wonderful. Congratulations. You look gorgeous!

I’m sure the catcalls were for real ... random people saying the same thing your sisters here are saying!

Fran

Definately one up to you! what a fantastic outcome for you get ready to be goosed! maybe that's illegal too! Seriously though you have done well and done us all proud.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

From just looking at your picture I'd say it was a legit CatCall. Beautiful legs and dressed nicely.

Oh my! It should happen to me!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Hi Carolina.
    You look great and very feminine in that picture.
    I know it takes time and courage to go out in the beginning. Since you had a GG friend on your side that night, you should have stopped for a drink.

I've been going out for years, don't be afraid sitting down at a street cafe or bar. From my many experiences, once you sit down, people won't look at you anymore, if the even did before. You'll experience a very calm time while sitting and watching the scene, people and the street and sidewalk. I even met people while having a coffie or a beer in the evening.

Keep us updated and take more picture, pictures can really built up your confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    In reality most people minded their own business, there were very few stares if at all (that I could see since I was not looking) and despite my terror it went quite well... until a couple of guys catcalled at me. The lady GG I was walking with told me to be proud, and to take it as a sign of passing with flying colors, but I wonder if the catcall was more a joke for attempting to pass.
    You're wearing a long blonde wig, a short flirty skirt, and high heels. Of course you'll get cat-called! As you pointed out, most men who saw you minded their own business, but there will always be some men who feel entitled to overtly objectify body parts.

You don't say whether you enjoyed the cat-call. I agree that we should all be able to wear what we want without eliciting unwanted attention, but until all men in our society re-educate themselves to believe that revealing body parts doesn't signify consent to sexual activity, if you don't want jerks to make audible noises when they see your legs, then you might consider wearing slacks?

If the cat-call didn't bother you, then by all means continue to wear what you want.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-21-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Reine

Thank you all for the great comments. It is a major morale booster!!

Reine, thanks for your perspective as well. At the time of the catcall I was too focused on looking at the floor (averting any eye contact with anyone) and holding on to the GG by my side. I never really thought the catcall was for me, and thought that the GG was just trying to help my confidence. Assuming the catcall was indeed for me, I'd be over the moon I didn't ask for it, but if my appearance called for a catcall (pun intended) that may have meant I passed on that first time out, at least someone may have thought so. More

I do understand that many women don't like it at all, and they have the right not to be objectified as you point out. But in my view it is the men who are at fault for making women uncomfortable. I put 100% of the blame on the guys, not the women who should be free to dress as they please (in my view)