Thread: Told SO I want to be a girl.

Post Told SO I want to be a girl.

Hey girls,

It’s been a while since I’ve been on here so I thought I would check in to share my latest story/updates.

So for a bit of background, I’ve been openly CDing at home for the last year or so since, what I would call, an “early-life crisis” (mid 20s), where I basically broke down mentally, couldn’t cope with life and became extremely depressed to the point where I was put on anti-depressant medication.

I had always had a slight interesting in wearing women’s clothing growing up, but this breakdown really brought my CDing habits to the forefront as I’m assuming, a way of escaping my every-day life. I was not sure at this point if the CDing urges were brought on by the new medication or the breakdown, but either way it was the only way for me to feel happy. Fast-forward a year and here I am, medication free now for 2 months, and the urges to be a girl are so strong that I feel if I do nothing about it, I will surely slip back into that depressed state.

Luckily for me, I have always had a very accepting and supportive SO (couldn’t ask for anything better) who has stuck by me and happily helps me out with my CDing. But that’s the thing, I have only ever told her that I like to dress and on the times she has asked if I feel like/want to be a girl, I would always say no, telling her that I just find the clothing comfortable etc. Now I’m not sure if I was in denial, but I honestly thought that CDing would be enough for me. Lately though, every time I dress and look in the mirror I I cannot be happy because all I can see is my ugly male body showing through, unable to truly be who I feel. It is now at the point where I can’t hold it in any longer and I had to tell my SO.

The other day we were lying in bed having an argument about something or rather unimportant when somehow the conversation turned to how we didn’t share enough of our fantasies with each other. We were both quite honest and had a good laugh, but as the conversation was ending, I just blurted out, “I need to tell you something”. Now every time I say these words she knows I’m about to drop a bomb of some kind and I could see her physically tense up in anticipation of what I was about to say so I just said it. “Baby, I want to be a girl.” and..... nothing! She just says that as long as I love her and never leave her she will support whatever I want to do! I couldn’t believe it! It really just goes to show that it is possible to be loved for who you are, not what you are. Amazing.

So now I am starting HRT (hopefully next week or 2) and I can finally start making my way towards what I truly want to be with my SOs support and approval. It is definitely nerve-racking waiting for my first prescription and I have had non-stop butterflies, but I know that once I start I will not look back.

I also just wanted to say thank you to this community who helped inspire me in the early days and made me feel like not such a freak, sometimes :P

Thanks Girls! See ya on the T forums lol

Kas.

Silver Member
    How far in transition do you want to go? HRT is just a step in a more feminine direction.

Just remember it’s an ongoing process. She could be ok now but change her mind later. Glad you’re finding your own path though.

I wish you success on your journey, I hope you don't have too many bumps on the way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Kas,
    So good you worked through all this and came back to tell us the full story , it's very brave of you . I hope the hormones start to bring you some peace at last . Also it's great you have your wife /partner on board .

Jenny,
    Does it really matter ? Kas has taken a big step she may find it's all she needs to find peace in her life , she can always step back or move forward but should do it at her pace and not be pushed by others .

Wow! That was brave of you to be honest about your feelings with your girl.

And double Wow! on her acceptance of your path.

I wish you the best on your journey.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Kas, I hope that everything works out with your hormone replacement. Remember that the reality of your changing body may negate anything your SO has told you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ok could this a case where you don't seem to have thought the whole thing thru and you think your wife turned the green light on?
    Keep us posted.

You are so brave and admirable! I am so envious of you! You go, Girl!
    Your "Wished She Were", Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Brave girl! let us know how you are getting on
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Ok could this a case where you don't seem to have thought the whole thing thru and you think your wife turned the green light on?
    Keep us posted.
    I agree with Tracii. Proceed with caution and your eyes wide open. Good luck! Crissy

Congrats, Kas!!
    I wish I had your bravery!!
    You definitely prove the fact the openness, understanding, communication and love do exist out there!
    I know I have that with my wife, and I know other members here do too!
    It’s so reaffirming to hear!
    Keep us all updated on your journey!
    ❤️

That must feel like such a relief to share how you feel w/ your SO...I do hope everything goes well!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Thanks for all the well wishes girls. Tracii and Crissy, I know this is a big decision, but I won’t know until I try! Will keep you all updated with my progress!