Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emulating Your Mother or Someone Else??

Banned Read only

Emulating Your Mother or Someone Else??

I Know a lot of us started CD at a young age, and that made me wonder, if anyone else tried to emulating your Mother or someone else?? I LOVED to emulate my Mother when I was younger.

Geoff / Lady G

No, I can't recall ever trying to emulate any particular person and definitely not my mother. I think I'm trying to discover who the person within me is, not be like someone else.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never understood the desire to be someone else.

I know i look a bit like my mother when dolled up, and have her long legs, too. I did not have a good relationship with my dad much, but was there for him his final 6 yrs. i was much closer to my mom, and i wa told by her, that my dad did not want sons, but only daughters!! Bizarre! I now think my CDing has a lot to do with these things. Scares me some.

Platinum Member
    We all begin our lives as sponges. Later in life we may come to recognize in ourselves those behavioral attributes we picked up quite unconsciously. I hear my mom when I sigh. At times, I hear my fathers voice when I speak. But I envied the clothes and hair styles that girls my age could wear. I suppose I’ve picked a few mannerisms and maybe some clothing preferences from my exes and step daughters too!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I apply make up and a wig I look like my sister.

I am trying to just be me, which is a very hard thing to do because I am not sure who I really am.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    I didn't see that point as I've gotten older. I had to obtain my own identity to be a little more sane. Unfortunately, personalities are abstract. Nothing is original under that sun. Humans tend to be more alike than they are different.

Recently I bought my first pair of pumps (on sale). Once I was home they totally reminded me of my mother's (shorter) pumps. Unwearable! But my wife says that some of my skirts remind me of a skirt my mother would wear.

In a nutshell no.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Never tried to look like my mother, never even wore her clothes (except for some shoes it was my sisters wardrobe I raided), but I do have one picture where I bear an uncanny likeness to her.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Neither, as in nobody. Never even thought about it. I just wanted to wear the clothes. Still do.

No, I just emulated me. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Started wearing mothers panties but never had a conscious desire to be like her...did one day not to long ago look in the mirror after makeup etc, and kind of scared myself how similar I looked to her..but then again I was her son..

What Leslie said! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Yes, but not mom!

She dressed very conservative and had a slim figure and plain looks.

But, I HAVE created looks STRIKINGLY like my high school and college girl friends. And, my ex.

Let me add, that was never my intention. But, considering I copy looks from 100's of women? Maybe looking like them was inevitable!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I liked wearing my Mom’s things but never did I want to emulate her.
    Crissy

I never saw myself as being the same as my mom, but I have seen some resemblance with my dad's sister. The appearance in the mirror when totally dressed is amazing.

I'm pretty sure I'll never look as good as my mother. Occasionally I think I look like my aunts, my fathers sister or my mothers sister. Which is weird because they looked nothing alike.
    Do I emulate them, no I'm my own person but we're all products of our ancestors.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

As a child I was into my sisters closet any chance I got. But by the time I was 12 she got married and took all her pretty thing with her. , After that I had to make do with what ever I could get my hands on, only thing left was mom's stuff, plain old mom stuff, but at least it was female. When I got to the point that I could buy my own stuff, I like any girl, wanted to find my own identity, I've never been one to look back, and coming of age in the 60's we had our own style. Since then, I try to stay current, but traditional, I hate things going out of style before I get it broke in. And I'm not so into current style to the point that I wear what the latest thing is if i'm not really in love with it. Just want to be the best me I can be, and nobody else.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    My mother was a domineering toxic bitch when it came to her kids. No way I would emulate her! My son and daughter had the same opinion too. My wife did nothing to coach them. They arrived at their own conclusions without any help.

Aspiring Member
    Of course we all try to emulate someone, though we won't always know or admit that we're doing it, and that person will change from day to day and the pool from which we choose will change over the years. And the reason I sat this is because of fashion. Yes, we all have our own looks, but that look is affected by the people that we see around us, on tv and in films, in newspapers, magazines, online etc, and also by what's available to buy in the shops.

My mother was my main influence in my early times and a lot of my current wardrobe is based on hers - lingerie, skirts and tops particularly. She also taught me cooking, baking and housework; this has helped me to take over the domestic duties now that my wife ìs incapacitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    No, I just emulated me. :-)
    Bingo!!!!
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Just happen to look like my mother. Just a bit taller.