Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "I'm a transbian."

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question "I'm a transbian."

I've seen this many times online. It's supposed to mean a M to F trans that likes women, I think.

But, I don't like it for a number of reasons. What do think of it?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It doesn't affect me. I'm going to do whatever I want regardless of any label someone tries to stick on me.

Aspiring Member
    Sounds a bit like a crosstown busline to me.

Ineke

The description works for me. That is, I’m somewhere on the Trans spectrum but am only sexually attracted to women.

But I’m not a great fan of labels, particularly and especially labels I then have to explain.

I just describe myself as a Crossdresser.

Michelle.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I have seen it used by mtf transgender folks who have an attraction/preference for mtf transgender folks. All of my transsexual friends that have preference for women (trans or not) tend to describe theirselves as lesbians.
    People have labelled my relationship with Vanessa (a crossdresser) as a transbian couple, in which is a term I personally would never use to describe us.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 10-15-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Aspiring Member
    The thing is, we just don't have enough labels yet.

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    Are you serious ?

Don't you think the general public are confused enough over the labels now , even on this forum they are used and misused .

I personally want to intergrate with the public so I do want them to understand and accept me , most haven't got their heads round the basic labels .

Sherry,
    Sorry the label doesn't do much for me , I'm trying hard not to use labels anymore but if I do I just tell people I'm TG and leave it to them to think about it and ask any questions if they feel the need . Otherwise my label now simply says Teresa .

Teresa, I think Charlotte may have been kidding.
    Crissy

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Charlotte,
    Are you serious ?

Don't you think the general public are confused enough over the labels now , even on this forum they are used and misused .
    There are two ways to answer this question;

Yes, of course I'm serious, deadly serious, only when every minutiae of us and our ways is dissected and labelled can we break free from public misunderstanding and the tyranny of oppression.

No, I'm not being in the remotest bit serious

I'll let you pick

I think we have enough labels for now yes there are others perhaps fine tuning a particular gender but generally there are enough labels out there already for the unknowing ones to understand our various differences.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Well, if it is supposed to describe a cross dresser who is only sexually attracted to women, then I suppose I’m one. But I agree, do we really need another term supposedly defining us? Or is this another example of identity politics splitting us into little micro groups so we can have only our own agenda and be offended by others whose agenda is slightly different?

Banned Read only
    Charlotte,
    On a serious note I find the public aren't interested in dissecting us to see what makes us tick . I did ask the question on the forum that suggested they mostly see us all as crossdressers , what anatomy we have or don't have isn't important to them , they see what they want to see and accept you or not on that basis . I'm happy to say it's going very well for me .

It was a fun story but at my daughter's wedding in my speech I told both my children I was very proud of them with all the letters they can now use after their names , I added the ones my wife gives me aren't repeatable in public !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-15-2018 at 04:56 AM.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    "Labels" are necessary. We think in WORDS and if we have no word for something we cannot think about it. ---- The RESOLUTION of the mind is a direct function of VOCABULARY it's a lot better to have an "HD" mind than a "480p" one.

Sorry Sherry,
    I am not a labels person I am just me.

I have no explanation for my thinking or any abnormalities I might have.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I have no need for another term, but those who do are welcome to it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

As If the lesbian community didn't have enough animus for us already.... And yes. I find it glib and offensive.

Reality Check
    I've never heard that term before but it's not uncommon on this forum for a crossdresser to say he is a "male lesbian". Try that as a pickup line in a lesbian bar.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    More labels... So what other labels does adopting this one make you feel superior over or is it only used in the derogatory?

I’ve never seen it used personally but I feel like the term is a little... flippant? I guess I’d have to see it in use

I don't really care for labels as related to that person is different and not a normal person. I don't even like the term normal because who's to say what normal is any more? I think of my self as a man that enjoys dressing from time to time. Not daily do I dress. I wear my panties more than the full dressed up look like a lady does and wear what I enjoy and feel good wearing. Putting a label on something conjures up many negative thoughts in those minds that do not know what definition is meant by the word. We already have too many negatives why add another word that can push us farther from being accepted as just who we are a human that enjoys wearing the softer prettier clothes. I like the old saying " I don't care what you call me just as long as you don't forget to call me for supper" ( but then when mom called us to supper we had to go clean up so I guess even that calling had something different in its meaning.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm not fond of it since it tends to blend sexuality and gender at a time when we have been attempting to pry the two apart as we attempt to explain who we are. And I agree with Kelly that we really don't need to aggravate anyone else in the LGBTQ+ community.

Besides, you are Sherry and that's the only label that really works for you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm "PAN"

Everything is fine if it's your scene!

Loving is loving!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My wife calls me a lesbian in a mans body, I sort of like it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry , If myWife called me that I would be OK with it. >Orchid..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I've never heard the term used, but I have no real problem with it as defined. "What's in a name .....?"

I once (a bit jokingly) described myself as 'hetero-flexible.' Can someone define that so it makes sense?