Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd lady

Odd lady

Years back while working for a restaurant I was manager. We had this young man that had long hair, and almost presented as a young lady. He wore his hair in a bun, wore tight black jeans with a white shirt. You get the picture. This woman got it her to complain about him. She said he was wearing girl jeans, blouse, and she could tell he was wearing panty’s underneath his jeans. She wouldn’t stop, and I just nodded I was aware of it. When she finally left other employees asked if I was going to fire him? My reply, “ the employee handbook states, black jeans with a white top.” There was nothing specific about gender, and besides he was a good employee.
    This woman complained two more times after that incident. She failed to look at herself. She had a boy haircut, and dressed in man jeans with a black shirt, and no makeup. Her anger was intense to say the least. Eventually someone else fired this young man for another reason. Seeing him a year later though now working with long gel nails, long hair in a nice braid with a bow with black jeans, and white blouse. Now going by the name Angelica. I was happy for her as well.
    What made her so unhappy that she felt the need to lash out at someone else? Was it that she was not feminine at all? How angry would she have been if she knew we had quite a few gay folks working with us and I was in my feel good panty’s and black tights that day. Too funny if you ask me.

Some folks complain about any and every thing. What you saw was a good employee and it sounds like he was following the rules so really you may not have had a reason to fire him. Maybe the lady was jealous because the waiter looked better than she did, it sounds that way.

I’m the queen of the snarky comeback. The appropriate response here would be “it doesn’t matter how many times you perv on his underwear, ma’am, he’s not going to sleep with you.”

Banned Read only
    You should have comped her meal and asked her nicely to take her business elsewhere.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Or just told her to f... off..
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Hi Gilda , You just can't fix Stupid !! >>>>>>>>>>>Orchid..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The world all over sadly a load of pillocks running around moaning because they have nothing else in their miserable lives to do other than moaning at honest people doing the best they can.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its been a year or so ago I had a lady say why are you wearing womens jeans?
    I said what excuse me these are my jeans and she looked dazed for a second and called me a fag.
    I smiled and said have a nice day now go bother someone else.

Platinum Member
    If she checked him out closely enough to judge his style of underware, she was guilty of harassment!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The trouble is, years back there were no laws and intolerance reigned supreme.

Maybe it is better now?

Or is it people don't care anymore......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Some people get upset when there is any variance from what they perceive as the norm. I just don't get it.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    Many people are angered by what they fear/refuse to accept in themselves.

Banned Read only
    I think after the first incident you should have ask her to take her business elsewhere. To me it is obvious the woman has issues with transgender men and women, and, is ready to voice her disapproval. I don't know the laws of California, but, I have to assume the employee is protected by state law against discrimination in the work place. I don't think the complainer was unhappy. She is nothing more than a narrow minded bigot.

This happened in California? How funny beings that California has been referred to as " The land of fruits and nuts" in my youth.

It still is!!

Californicate is one place I would not live in. I visited there once back about 20 years ago and that was enough for me. The only thing I saw that I liked was the state railroad museum in Sacramento. Other than that nothing but stupid people.

careful Fran!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Some people! LOL
    I was looking at dresses one time in a store and a SA in the next isle over said in what I'm pretty was a sarcastic voice!
    "looks like someone needs a dress.
    Some people take all the fun out of dressing.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    The trouble is, years back there were no laws and intolerance reigned supreme. Maybe it is better now?

Or is it people don't care anymore......
    Nope, America, at least, is getting fatter and more ignorant. It's now stylish to be stupid and ignorant. And the stupid, ignorant people are reproducing faster than the smart ones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran in skirts View Post
    It still is!! Californicate is one place I would not live in. I visited there once back about 20 years ago and that was enough for me. The only thing I saw that I liked was the state railroad museum in Sacramento. Other than that nothing but stupid people.
    What's the old joke? OH yeah: There are stupid people everywhere, at least one out of every ten. If you look around you and see nine people, and none of them appear to be stupid, well......

Stanford, Caltech, USC, UCLA are all in California, and all have world class R&D. So there are plenty of smart people out there if you look for them. If, however, you prefer to hang out in the types of places where the stupid people tend to congregate, well then that's all you'll see.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran in skirts View Post
    It still is!!

Californicate is one place I would not live in. I visited there once back about 20 years ago and that was enough for me. The only thing I saw that I liked was the state railroad museum in Sacramento. Other than that nothing but stupid people.
    We maybe stupid and egocentric. But, Calif. is the world leader in many tech innovations and enviornmental and people friendly laws.
    The fact is, Calif. could do just fine without the USA but the USA cannot say the same!

6th largest economy on the planet, just passed the UK!

Finally, trans can and do go most anywhere in the LA and the Bay Area with few hassles!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by gilda hernandez View Post
    She said he was wearing girl jeans, blouse, and she could tell he was wearing panty’s underneath his jeans.
    I kinda had to chuckle to myself when I found myself wondering what the woman would have done if you'd replied "Of course SHE's wearing panties under HER jeans. What do you expect HER to wear?"

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    You should have comped her meal and asked her nicely to take her business elsewhere.
    Then she'd complain to the district manager and Gilda's job might have been in the crosshairs.

People will be the way they are. Location has naught to do with it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I think you deserve credit for handling the situation well, Gilda. You listened to the customer, protected your employee and educated the other employees.

A minor point, but California is a really big state with a wide variety of folks.

Banned Read only
    Why was the woman so INTENSELY ANGRY when she was dressed like a male??? This is one for the psychiatrist's couch. Nut Job.

Reality Check
    One has to wonder why the woman kept returning to the restaurant when she was unhappy with this employee's choice of clothing. Some people think they are superior to others and want to boss them around or control them. That would be this woman. Perhaps her boss treats her this way and she's talking it out on other people.

The fact that she wasn't all dolled up really has no bearing on this.
    Krisi

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    This is one for the psychiatrist's couch.
    Absolutely, obviously s/he has unresolved issues about her/his own sexuality or gender.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Nut Job.
    Well, I won't judge for fear of being judged. I was a gay-basher for far too many years because I wouldn't look my gender dysphoria in the face.