Thread: How to match our hair color ....

How to match our hair color ....

Was searching for a perfect color for myself and found a way. I was looking at women's hair and came to my conclusion.

Matching hair color according to my eyes, dark eyes with dark colored hair, hazel and light blue eyes with light color hair

Brown eyes with brown hair.

Maybe anyone else have an opinion , feel free to post your reflection.

Thank you, Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I think that you have to do trial and error with wigs before you decide which color to die your own hair if that is your ultimate goal. I would still recommend doing that if you are only searching for wigs. Yes, your initial search may have given you those results. However, I have seen many exceptions to that, all of which looked good on that person, male or female. My natural hair color was brown (not light or real dark) and my eyes were hazel, which later changed to blue (for whatever reason). My natural hair is now gray. For my wigs that I wore for many years I always found that darker colors worked best for me, normally darker browns with some highlights and a few auburn colored ones. I have grown mine out and my very good hair stylist recommended dark brown. For me, she does undertones, which is basically coloring dark brown most of my hair while leaving a lot of previous natural colors, grays and previously dyed brown hairs that have faded a lot or a little from regular shampooing and being out in the sun, which I am a lot. It looks very natural regarding coloring and grows out with grays taking over very well. I went almost 5 months between my last appointment and I and others still commented how good it looked even when lighter, which fits into your conclusion.

Maybe I am non-binary when the two limits are light and dark? I look good, according to others and myself, at either end and am very fluid filling in with the other shades between stylist appointments.

The other important when choosing colors is the length of hair, natural or synthetic and its length and style. For some, as we can see from many pictures here of our members, the shape, length and color of the wig help frame, cover up and highlight our own faces, skin color and eye color. You can choose the perfect color and still not look as good as you could with something else.

I am a firm believer for these reasons that the trial and error is best. I also never recommend an expensive quality wig shop until you have experimented with different wigs. Your own opinion on how you look is much more important than what others think. Yes, third party opinions are very helpful, but if you spend a lot of money on that "perfect" wig based on others opinions in the end it all boils down to how you feel wearing it, and I have heard several regrets. After this period when you really do know what woks best for you, going to an expert can really be beneficial and worth the added cost. Good luck.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What color is your real hair and get a wig that color

Allie and Tracii, what I was talking about was choosing a wig color, my hair color was light brown, but now mixed with gray.

I had one wig with darker brown and feel it does not match.The best way as you said to visit a wig hair stylist.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Match your eyebrow color, your true shade.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I believe if you want to be blonde be one, if you want to have Raven hair have it. look around, GG]s are wearing all kinds of color, including Pinks, green, blues, what ever turns them on, it does not need to look natural it just needs to make you feel good,
    we can thank the young ones for that, since they started the trend, I've seen women of all ages jump on the fad. So do what ever color makes you feel good, because it's all good. Just have fun with it, what else should matter to a guy in a dress.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post

Matching hair color according to my eyes, dark eyes with dark colored hair, hazel and light blue eyes with light color hair

Brown eyes with brown hair.
    I think your skin tone has more to do with what hair color looks good on you than your eye color.

I have had a very beautiful natural blond hair brown eyed girlfriend and my wife currently has blond hair and her eyes are brown.

Me?
    I am a blue eyed blonde and loving it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I can comfortably change into an orange skirt from a white! and am probably one of the few blondes which dyes her brows black/brown whilst keeping her lashes pure blonde!

But when it comes to hair colour I can only work well with a skin matching or natural for me colour, blonde to strawberry.

"Why don't I have a soft milky grey option?" Great idea, thanks!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My real hair, when I had some, was dark brown. Almost black. All of my wigs are different shades of blonde. Blondes have more fun.

Thank you girls for all the suggestions, that's a great help . Thinking about matching my eyes brows which are light color now. In younger generation they have variable colors, but at my age not a best idea.

Thanks again, Rayleen.

Rayleen

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    I was just shopping for a wig( finally !) yesterday. I thought I’d get a gray one because my my hair is mostly gray now so they are ordering me one. Then I went home and stared at myself in the mirror and realized my hair ( or what’s left of it) is really closer to platinum. So I called the shop back and changed the order to platinum blonde. I’ve always been blonde but it is so light now so we’ll see. I hope it turns out ok.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    They always suggest to stick to your natural colour , I started off with a wig which I felt was the right shade but I'm more silver grey than brown now . As for going blond I never expected it until I tried one on and suddenly it all clicked , I will always go back to a professional with plenty of choice . It is so important when you go out full time even it does cost a little more , it's a huge boost in confidence.

This. It’s really more skin tone than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    I think your skin tone has more to do with what hair color looks good on you than your eye color.

I have had a very beautiful natural blond hair brown eyed girlfriend and my wife currently has blond hair and her eyes are brown.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rayleen , I dye my salt & Pepper hair Blonde to match my Blonde wigs. >Orchid..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The greatest thing about wearing a wig is you can try different colors and styles.

You'd be surprised what works. I bought my first proper wig this summer with professional advice... I went in looking for sort of dark blonde because my hair was that color when I had any, and I have blue eyes and pale skin. I came out with a brown wig very like my avatar, which looks fantastic and I would never have expected.

I appreciate all your imput ladies on how to find and choose a wig, not too many place to get in store wigs here. I bought 2 or 3 online and its hard to get exactly what you want. Well I will look into it when and if I do start to go out.

Thank you, Rayleen

Rayleen