Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From an appearance perspective does blending improve with age?

Blending is no fun at all. Most women are wearing things that aren't at all pretty and fun, like the things in my collection. I love pretty sexy dresses and skirts and blouses. I seldome see anything like that while shopping. Maybe if I were a party animal I'd see more things like I'd like to wear.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Yes, I think your observations are correct.
    Hugs, Carole

Along with what everyone else has suggested about age, hormones and wrinkles,your beard grays out. After being shaved, a gray shadow is way easier to cover. I am 62 and have had 9 laser treatments on my beard. Laser doesn’t get the hairs that are not dark. But that’s fine, at my age the remainder of my beard is pure white. I can go most of the day without a beard shadow showing because the shadow is white.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I see many older women with a shorter haircut, more of an androgynous look.

Double edged sword I reckon, features do start to merge IMO, but middle aged spread in most males increases as one example.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Having extra weight does smooth out the wrinkles in the face as we age.
    Amen to that, Tracii! When I was recovering from gall bladder removal surgery my weight dipped to 185. Frankly, I looked like "death warmed over." My face was gaunt, i.e., haggard looking. As I regained my weight to the pounds my body felt good at I lost those lines. Going too lean can have a negative effect. Those women who obsess about their weight to the extent of being rail thin really are not appealing to the majority of men that I know. "Skin and bones" is usually the phrase I hear. Many have a self image problem. Back in my youth a Marilyn Monroe figure was considered desirable from the male perspective. Twiggy was viewed as too skinny. Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I can only assume different men emulating women have different perspectives on attractiveness.

Marilyn Monroe was 5'5", 118 pounds, 36-23-36 (wore 36D bra)
    Twiggy was 5'6". 112 pounds, 31-23-32

Who would you try to emulate?

I think as men and women get older the more they look the same. I notice this more now as we live in a 55 and better community.
    So I'm going to agree that is easier to blend but I just can't bear to wear the older woman's styles so I stick out anyway.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!