Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I know why women can't wait to take of therir bras at the end of the day

Now I know why women can't wait to take of therir bras at the end of the day

Without a doubt, my favorite article of women clothing are bras. I love them and wear one every chance I can.

Well yesterday, I decided to go into the city. I was dressed in drab but figured since the temps were cool and I'd have a jacket on, I could wear a bra.

I put it on around 9:00 am and wore it the entire day. I didn't take it off until about 10:00 pm and let me say, I couldn't wait to take it off!!

Aspiring Member
    Fit has a lot to do with this, have you ever considered getting yourself properly measured? I'm quite often dressed for a whole day and I don't suffer from the discomfort that you suggest. Actually a good GG friend of mine once suggested that the vast majority of women wear the wrong sized bra, and there's no reason to think that we'd be any different. Also, if you've invested heavily in a number of bras, and your size has slipped up, even just a tad, and they're not as comfortable as they were, you can get more life out from them by using a bra extender - a useful addition to any girl's wardrobe. Actually bra extenders also allow you to get that very special bra, that they only have in the next size down from your own size. Also, and I don't know if this applies to you, I always remove the wires from underwired bras.

I only have one bra that I can't stand to wear for long periods and that is underwire bra. All my others are sans wire and longline.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Also, and I don't know if this applies to you, I always remove the wires from underwired bras.
    At first, I did not like underwire bras. Now, I find the underwire helps keep my breast forms in place.

A few months ago, I was sitting underdressed in my car about 20 minutes before work. It was a hot day and I was working up a bit of a sweat. Without thinking, I got annoyed at the fact I was sweating inside my bra and longed for the moment when I could finally take it off. A split second later, when it dawned on me that *I* needn't wear a bra at all, I caught myself laughing and feeling very fem.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Sounds like you are wearing the wrong size bra.

Lol you sound just like my wife Jackie, the first thing she does when she comes home from work is ask me to undo her bra and she takes it off. She keeps telling me if I had to wear one all day I'd be doing the same thing.maybe we should count our blessings that we don't have to wear one all day and can take it off when we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    Sounds like you are wearing the wrong size bra.
    I imagine you mean the OP.

It would definitely help, Jackie, if you described exactly what made you want to take the bra off. Discomfort? Something else? It’s hard to tell.

I agree, it must be a poor fit.
    I too have one that I can't wear for extended periods, but the majority of mine I can wear for 24 hours or more easily. Even then there are times when I irk at the thought of removing it and my forms. I suppose it might be different for me if I had implants or were taking hormones and had my own breasts, but I sometimes dread having to remove my forms and give up that feeling.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

At times like that my wife often uses a handy method for removing a bra without having to take off the layer above, via the sleeves. Unbeknownst to her I have occasionally deployed this trick myself

Hose are my #1, but bras are very, very close. My bras are all underwires and fit perfectly. I always wear my silicone forms. I also have several a/b cup underwires that after “scooping” fill very well. Sometimes, I forget I’m wearing a bra. Yes, love cooler weather...sweaters and jackets...and hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    At first, I did not like underwire bras. Now, I find the underwire helps keep my breast forms in place.
    I found the same to be true in keeping my forms in place, so I use unpadded, underwires exclusively.

Platinum Member
    I've been "smacked" recently on this quote business. Oh well. That being said maybe some clarification needs to be made as to why you want to ditch the bra. It could be an ill fitting bra. My wife has worn the same maker and style bra forever because of comfort. Yes, there are times in the past as well as now when she ditches the bra. Many times it is on a hot and humid day. As an observer I can imagine some women want to shed an ill fitting bra. I see women whose bra look like their torsos are being strangled like a sausage. Sometimes I wonder if that is not the case with many commentators on this site. Are you being strangled also. When I wear a bra I do not feel strangled. I do not feel the bands. No stuffed sausages for me. On the other hand many women I know, and, several who have had breast reduction surgery, do complain about the weight of a natural breast. This may not be an issue for a less endowed woman, but, for a full figured woman it is an issue. The weight of the breast pulls down on the straps of the bra. Gravity does have some effect over time on stretching muscles and ligaments.

I do not use forms. Yes, it is old fashion water filled balloons which do give me the effect of weight on a bra strap. I may feel the pull of the straps on the shoulders but it does not give me any issues related to the band. I do not know the weight composition of forms as relates to size. Sounds like a little bit of strangulation..ill fitting band size. If one does not want to have the weight of forms/water filled balloons and does not care if one jiggles or not, perhaps using a correct fitting band size with foam is a good alternative.

Aspiring Member
    Usually I can't wait to put it on, the opposite for me, I have breast forms now and as soon as I get home, into the shower and my favourite Bra is on me. Someone had suggest to me a long time ago to get forms and I didn't I would back then, now its different.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Njc, just a bra? That tite, restricted feeling is exactly what I enjoy about fem gear. But, I usually don't wear a bra!

I wear; an all in one girdle, waist cincher, silicone prosthesis, hip and butt pads with a pantie girdle to hold them in place, tites, a wig, hi heels, and gloves.

I love the way it all feels. But, after a nite out I can't wait to get it ALL OFF!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear a bra 24/7.

Otherwise, with my regime, I really ache.

I use water ballons which work great for me, but most bras have pretty short shoulder straps. I wanted to wear bras all night in bed. BAD IDEA! Soreness is too much!

Banned Read only
    You know Alice there was just a thread on straps being too short in the clothing section.

As I said to the OP of this thread, sounds like you are wearing the wrong size bra.

I'd love to be able to wear a bra all day long, but I'm not out of the closet yet and have to take it off when I go out. I'd wager a guess that when ur a woman and have real breasts instead of breast forms, that this is what makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    You know Alice there was just a thread on straps being too short in the clothing section.

As I said to the OP of this thread, sounds like you are wearing the wrong size bra.
    The hoops, oh, the hoops...

...of the bra straps, I mean.

With my pumping regime, I might leak during the night, so I need to carry a pad or a breast shell.

I wear a bra nearly 24 hours a day nearly every day and I LOVE it!
    Hugs, Carole

Cinch down six inches in a nice tight corset and you'll never even notice whether the bra is uncomfortable.

- Diane

I too tend to remove the underwire. with forms, they hold their shape and some real breasts sag and need the wire.
    Yes I have on occasion worn my bras and forms for over 24 hours. It is the underwire that causes a discomfort to me.
    My deceased wife also hated under wire bras.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Only happened once, turned out my bra was too tight, made my back sore
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Reality Check
    I'll pile on with the others. Your bra is the wrong size. A bra should not be uncomfortable to wear, especially if there are no boobs for it to support. I wear stretch bras and they can be worn all day with no discomfort. boobs or no boobs.
    Krisi