Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it very common to have worn your mother’s clothes?

I agree it's common here but not out in the real world. I'm an only child so my mothers clothes were what was available at the time. I was 17 she had a LBD,a blonde wig and pantyhose which were just becoming available. Needless to say I got very excited.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

On a deeper, psychological level, might it be linked to poor parenting or wanting to be closer to our mothers than we actually were, as part of the complex mix of reasons behind crossdressing?

Whilst it does appear to be a common thread here. I never once looked or tried my Mother's clothes or shoes. OK, I was fortunate in having an older sister, so all of my younger dressing was with her items. Although nothing was ever said, I am certain that my mother knew, I'm equally certain that if I had used any of her items, then there would have been trouble, big trouble.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I'm absolutely sure I would have done if they hadn't all been thrown out after she died when I was 10.

I wore my mom's bras. I had an older sister but never wore her stuff because I thought I she would more likely detect that someone else was wearing her things.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silkycdresser View Post
    On a deeper, psychological level, might it be linked to poor parenting or wanting to be closer to our mothers than we actually were, as part of the complex mix of reasons behind crossdressing?
    In some cases, I'm sure that may be at least a *part* of it, anyway.

But I think there's a lot more to it than just that.

Anyway, I was one of those who had no sisters, so some of mom's older, smaller-sized stretchy things (and eventually her shoes) were the only thing I could really dip into while growing up. That, and her make-up, since we can wear a lot of the same shades.

I made do, though... Had to be a bit creative, and turned other things I already owned like t-shirts, shorts, winter-hats, pillowcases, etc., into skirts & dresses. Can definitely do a lot with a pair of scissors, some thread & a needle!

And yeah, she knew I was getting into her stuff. Whether she found it hidden in my room sometimes, or actually even catching me trying to sneak into her bedroom/closet, she was well aware.

She never really encouraged it *or* discouraged it. And I feel that was probably the best policy.

Oh, girls, I certainly did! Now, I simply adore feminine fashions! I would even date in my skirts! Oh, am I a "wicked" girl, or what?

Roxanne, being her is a Wonderful Thing!
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

My Mom first and then my aunt when she moved in with us (I was about 10, she 13), I dressed in their clothes until I was about 16.

From the stories on this forum it seems like some people start CD early in life, others later. For those of us who started early, well as a kid you only have access to whatever is in your house so mother's and sisters' stuff is all there is. I never felt bad about it really - I didn't like borrowing other people's stuff without asking them, but I didn't have any other options. I was going to look after it and bring it back so I didn't see it as being "wrong" in a biblical sense or whatever. Maybe in the UK I'd have been charged with TWOC (taking without the owner's consent) like they do with joy riders lol.

I never tried on my mother's cloths but I use to stay with my aunt on the weekends and that was the of dressing.

My very first forays were in the bathroom where the clothes hamper was. A mixture of my sister's and mother's clothes. That goes back as far as I can remember. Starting when I was I guess 10 or 12, I wore her heels around the house to break them in for her. This was her idea. In a very recent talk with my sister, I now doubt that it was entirely to break them in. Later I played with her makeup. She gave me her old clip-ons when she got her ears pierced. She used her curlers when she first started rolling my hair. That's about it for actually wearing her things.

I started with my mom's clothes like many others. I've moved on since but there were three boys and she was the only female in the house. I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.

Around age 13, started sneaking into my older sister's things, and trying on. What a sexual rush!! i ruined some of her pantyhose. Then, experimented with my mom's nylon, and girdle. About than time, my parents tle me they wanted me to go see a "shrink.
    They never mentioned the dressing, but i think they must have known. I had great elation and thrills, followed by great shame and guilt. I quit for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiL View Post
    I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.
    Once was enough for me. Those conversations can be rough.

To answer the OP's Q, I should think it's extremely common, as mothers are the most likely female presence in a young person's life.

The first dress I wore may have been my mothers at some point. It was too small for her, but a perfect fit for my 6 (or so) - year old body. I don't know why I wanted to put it on, but the feeling of having it on was almost magical.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I did not start dressing until long after my mother had passed, so never had the chance. I sure I would have if I had started earlier. My mother was an attractive woman and would have offered a wide variety of options. And I think she would have been OK with it. My father...NEVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PattiL View Post
    I was caught a few times and they weren't fun conversations.
    Oh I hear ya, I hear ya LOL

The first woman's clothes I had access to were hers. It was a girlfriend when I was 17 that got me fully dressed. She showed me off to her cousin and that was the first boy!

For me definitely. Started when I was 4. She was the only GG in the home and thankfully was also willing and supportive of having her son wear her stockings around the house through his boyhood years. Later as I went through puberty I snuck all the time from her but it is almost a certainty she knew. Bless her......
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

Aspiring Member
    Never found my mother's clothes attractive, so no. Also, she was quite overweight and I was as skinny as a rake, so I doubt anything would have fitted me.

Yep I wore my moms stuff.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Since there were no other females in the house,I wore my mothers clothes until I moved out.

I used to wear my sister’s clothes. But never tried my mom’s.

I learned how wonderful it was to wear bras, panties, girdles, slips, and dresses by slipping into mom's clothes. Later, at about 18 or so I started buying my own things. It is still wonderful after all those years.

I never wore my mother clothes (OK I did steal a few pairs of pantyhose from her) but I had two older sisters and wore ALL their stuff. See my post here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...=1#post4271097

Patti

Seems like this has been a fairly common thing to do amongst many on here. Was anyone ever caught doing so and how did they explain it at the time?