Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it very common to have worn your mother’s clothes?

Is it very common to have worn your mother’s clothes?

I only ever wore my own mother’s clothes when I was small (15 or so), she was the only woman in my house, hence the only clothes I could access, I don’t anymore because I know it’s wrong even though I have no clothes of my own. Is this common for most cross dressers?

Banned Read only
    Yes it is, specially when the mother is the only female and therefore only source of women's clothing in the household.

I was always intrested, and started trying on my mother's clothing when I was 10 years old.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-18-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Seems to be not uncommon here on these forums. How “common” it is would be hard to tell as we’re a small sampling. Personally I’d fall into the “no” camp.

I did but they were all that were available
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

That was how I started, then moved to sister's clothes when she went to college, have bought my own for the last 40 plus years.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    The only thing of my mothers I wore were her shoes, every thing else belonged to my sister (who had smaller feet than me)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    That was how it started for me too,I do believe it's a common way for a lot of us starting out

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My mother was a nurse and the only female in the house. Her stockings and girdles were always hanging in the bathroom (we only had one bathroom) I just had to try one of those girdles and a pair of stockings. It was the first and only time I was so scared I was going to get caught.

My mother was the only female in the house so, yes! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I probably thought of looking through my mother's clothes but I didn't have to, Between 8 to about 15 and there was a large guest room in our house and my mother saved all the her and my sisters old clothes Dresses, lingerie, bras, girdles, etc.
    I would get all dressed up when I got home from school and I remember having to hide under the bed for long periods if someone came home.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I started with my big sisters clothes, but then big sisters grow up and move out, not dressing was not an option, even then. All I had left was Mom's clothes, or start stealing clothes off clothes lines in the neighbor, and my preacher would not have approved of that. so yes I wore mom's clothes, and old discards I game up with. Back then allowance was 50 cents a week, and clothes where not that cheap back then. So trying to buy even as a teen was not really an option either.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I guess for some, my mother was a large woman but I did try on my one year older sister's Catholic school uniform.

Moms clothes for me all the time starting at around 11-12yo. I can still remember being worried about being caught but never was.
    I can also remember at around 8 wishing I was a girl, wearing a leotard and going to ballet school. I guess the seeds were planted early. Crissy

All too common I'm sure!

If you were under 15 or so, as many have reported here and other places, those drawers full of silky treats would be too tempting to resist. From the reporting of what is someone's favorite outfit or item of clothing, I would bet that the first few items worn have remained favorite or "go-to" pieces. Still burned into my memory is trying on business outfits and casual clothing for hours on a day I stayed home from school, pretending I was getting ready to go to work or out to lunch.

Whether it was luck or skill, I had avoided getting caught for quite some time but of course that luck ran out and though she did not see me all dressed up, there was no doubt that about what I had been doing. I was able to run the other way and swap out into some shorts and a tee shirt but I had left her drawers open, with a chair pulled in from another room so I could be comfortable while applying her makeup. A rather uncomfortable conversation ensued which was thankfully cut short when my siblings got home from school.

With Amazon and the Internet making for great shopping and some concept of privacy, there's not a good reason to continue but I would bet that most new CD's will follow the same path many of us have been on, just the way things go.

Silver Member
    It happened that way for me. I was the oldest of three sons, so mom's was the only wardrobe I had access to.

I am an only child, so mom's clothes, shoes and makeup were the only women's items I had access to until my teen years. I am pretty sure I tried on everything in her closets and drawers at least once. Unfortunately, nothing she had ever really fit me well. At age 15 or so, my grandmother went into a nursing home and we brought most of her things to our house. Those fit me much better, but were mostly styled for a 60-something society lady, a look which didn't really fit my age or lifestyle at the time, but has probably influenced my taste ever since. She did have some very nice shoes which were only one size or so too small for me. Needless to say, I wore them even though they hurt sometimes!

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Thumbs down No, it's not, Tolerant!

Among vanilla males, that is!

But, this is a trans/crossdressing site! So, it's common as dirt here!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think I tried on some of mom and my sisters stuff but I was the runt of the litter and everything in the house feminine was to big for me. and when mom and dad divorced when I was 13 I was still only 42" tall and maybe 75 pounds and sis was already topping out at 4 feet 10". It wasn't till about 1958 that I started to grow. It was 1960 when some of my cousins stuff started to fit. I did sneak some of my girlfriends stuff for a couple days and wear then in my room in the basement. The I had to sneak them back into her wash basket.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

I did, only GG in my house
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    A girl's got to start somewhere

I must admit that in my early teens 13 or 14 or so, I experimented with my mother’s annd sisters clothing. Most particularly, their underwear and I used it not surprisingly for sexual gratification. Those were the days before I thought I was a cross dresser. I just thought I was a pervert.

Aspiring Member
    I started with my mom's. As my sister got older and our size became the same, I move on to hers'.

Sara

While I did wear my mothers, it was more common to wear my sisters.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Since I had no sisters the only female clothes in my house when I was growing up were my mothers so that's how I started.

Reality Check
    I can only speak for myself. My mother was the only female in the house. My room was downstairs so everyone would throw their dirty clothes down the stairway and they were at my doorstep. I eventually tried on my mother's bra and panties.
    Krisi