Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it very common to have worn your mother’s clothes?

This explains why I sometime dress like a frumpy woman from the '60s!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

First time I dressed was at Halloween. Mom helped dress me in clothes she had set aside as too small for her.

Karen

Edit: I should add that I continued to wear mom's clothes for several years after that. Younger sister's clothes didn't appeal to me.
    Last edited by Karen RHT; 10-18-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    If the opportunities were there, How could we not?

Stanley's Mom.jpg

Yes, I started out that way, too.

The question nobody has addressed is why the urge in the first place?

As my sisters were much younger my mother's clothes were the only ones that fitted. I eventually got my own underwear but still wore her dresses and skirts. I used to enjoy her new dresses as much as she did. I remember, back in the fifties to eighties, young girls saying that they would not wear their mother's clothes as they were too old for them. That was not the case with me. I thought then that more sons would wear their mother's clothes than daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by silkycdresser View Post

I would love to know the answer to this but there is no apparent answer that I am aware of. Crissy

I think it is a combination of factors for me. There weren't really any boundaries around the age of 12. I would explore my mom's underwear drawer (never my dad's - LOL) when I was home alone. I loved the feel of the nylon stockings and slips. They felt wonderful next to my skin, and I didn't have to even consider shaving at that age!!!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

I would wear my mother's panties until 16 when I got my freedom (drivers license) and bought my own.

In my teenage years I wore my older sister's clothes mostly.

My brother had a sports illustrated subscription for many years and my mom hid the swimsuit issue in a large cedar chest. We all knew that is where she hid them. Well also in that cedar chest were other things she didn't use including 3 knee length half slips (a white one, a black one, and leopard print one). Those half slips were the only thing of my mother's I ever wore (since I didn't think she wore them, since I was too afraid of getting caught by her). Probably why I like that length and type of slip now

My sister had a poodle skirt for a Halloween outfit (which I loved to wear by the way). The other weekend my mother was telling me how she has worn that skirt for Halloween too a few years back. My wife could tell by looking at me while my mother told us this story that I had worn that skirt before. Not sure if my mom picked up on that or not

Banned Read only
    Yep, I had no younger sisters or female cousins. The only access to female clothing was my mother's. And, that was up to a point since I ended up being larger than my mother.

I started when I was 3. This was in 1951 or 1952. I had a younger brother, but no sisters. Realistically, under those circumstances, what other option do you have?

It wasn't until the 1970's that I had the money and the privacy to get my own clothes.

I was an only child raised by a single mother. I began wearing her tights when I was about 11 or 12. I remember she had a black pair and blue pair. Loved walking around the house in them. That's where it all started.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm another one who was raised in a home with the only female being my mother. I wasn't close to any of my girl cousins and moved often enough I never really got close to any of my friends sisters who may have helped out. Mom was the only source.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Yes...eventually. Growing up, of the kids in our neighborhood, sisters lived next door. We often played together...games, roller skating, etc. They would play dress up and once, asked me to join them. At first, no big deal..until I put on a pair of nylon stockings and high heels. BAM! It was amazing...I’d never felt anything so nice and comfortable. I couldn’t wait to wear them again. The older sister did dress me and put some lipstick on. When home, I’d see Mom’s stockings hanging in the bathroom, so I started rooting in the drawer she kept her stockings. I was in heaven, until I put a run in a pair. She never said anything, but I cooled it...for a while. Her high heels fit, but I out grew them. Eventually, I wore her slips and garter belts. I worried about getting caught, but the pink fog protected me.

I think very common. The first girly things I ever wore were my moms pantyhose. From there I moved on to my sisters underwear. It wasn't until I was living in my own place that I started buying my own things.

No sisters for me either. My next older brother dressed once as a joke ( I think) so I thought it was ok. I was instantly hooked.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

There have been several threads on this topic or threads where it was brought up. It is a mystery really.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think its very common. I did. I had no sisters, so my moms things were all I had access to, when I was growing up.
    My parents caught me a couple times. It wasn't good. My mom said I was ruining her things. My dad would beat me for doing it.
    Stephanie

That would be the million dollar question.

Do crossdressers usually wear some of their mom's clothes? Probably. Do your average boys do it? Probably not; they probably wore their dad's clothing, though.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Very common I started that way too, apart from the next door neighbour's girls who used to dress me up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My mother was the only woman in my family when I was young. So, naturally, it was her clothes that I wore. She had two silky blouses that fit me like a dress at age 8 or
    so and I was hooked for life.
    Hugs, Carole

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    Yep. That’s where it started so long ago for me.

Yes, it it common and it's how I began my journey.
    Once I discovered how I loved things feminine I tried on most everything she had, from lingerie and stockings to slips and dresses and of course her heels.

I finally had my own things when I was about 16, but until them hers were treasures to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Yes, everyone probably starts with that, especially if you don't have a sister. I wore my mother's clothes and shoes until they fit me, because I couldn't buy my own at the time and I would have hard time hiding my own female clothes at home anyway. I only bought pantyhose and panties back than, because they were small item and easy to hide and one pair of heels when I outgrown my mother's shoes. And I was always scared that someone would find them, hidden in the back of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Do your average boys do it? Probably not; they probably wore their dad's clothing, though.
    I never wore any of my dad's clothes which is proof I'm a transbian!

Seriously though, I was around 26, living at home, and was addicted to donning a few items of my mom's nearly every day (in the basement). A pair of lovely sandals with a low heel, pantyhose, maybe a slip or panties? I can't remember everything, but I loved those shoes! There were also a few boxes of my sister's old clothes in the basement that I rummaged thru once in a while.

One day my mom told me to be careful so the neighbors wouldn't see what I was doing! A few years later after moving out I had a GF that was nearly 6' tall. My my said that she had the same size feet as me so I could wear her shoes!
    Last edited by Ressie; 10-18-2018 at 03:15 PM.