Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Halloween

I've always dressed in private. I've driven around dressed, walked around dressed, but always at night when no one could see me. I happen to have long blonde hair now and before I eventually chop it off I figured, just go for it and dress up like a girl for this Halloween party I am going to. I told a female friend, very cute, girly, and makeupy, asked her if she'd help me with my makeup and her face lit up with excitement. I can't wait! I'm going all out; painted nails, heels, shaved legs. I'm just wondering if it's possible to dress too much as to it would out me? For example: I know how to walk in heels but am I going to have to purpously trip around in them like it's my first time?

Deborah, You decided to do it your female friend is helping out so just enjoy the time dressed as you wish. Wear the heels like you were born in them. Crissy

Deborah, depending on the composition of the party, work/family/neighbors/etc, it might be obvious to those who know you to pick up on the vibe, BUT

GO FOR IT!

I'm trying to do something similar but the wife is onto my bucket list for this one, won't go for it so I'd have to sneak out and that might be too difficult. If I may make a suggestion, go absolutely all out; shaving all over, longer nails and a new perfume. I spent my last birthday doing just that and it was awesome but going to a Halloween party all dolled up is a dream. You might also try stopping by a store on the way to the party, it's the one time of the year that you don't have to worry about passing!

Please let us know how it goes, inquiring minds need to know!
    Last edited by NjJamie; 10-17-2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Deborah,
    I bet you will be the hit of the party!

It may out you, but if you have thought about dressing for this party for a while you probably understand the risks.

Have a good time... With whatever you decide to wear!

One suggestion: make it a COSTUME. Don’t just go “as a girl”. Pick a woman you admire and go as her. Or a fictitious character or whatever. (Just not Katy Perry, one of our forum sisters already called dibs on her in a big way lol) If you’re worried about being outed, nothing says crossdresser-with-an-excuse like going as “girl”. Just my opinion. As for “dressing down”, don’t sweat it, just give your friend all the credit. And for the walk, wear wedges, as women generally know they’re a little easier to walk in. Or even go flats if the costume calls for them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dressing like a woman and looking good and you're probably outing yourself!

When vanilla men dress up as women for Halloween they have balloon boobs, hairy legs, a $3 wig, garrish makeup, and facial hair!

Micki nailed it! I dress up nice at Halloween and wear masks. Because I wear women's costumes, people often mistake me for a female!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I agree with Micki- go as a female character and dont worry about outing yourself. Give all the credit to the realism to your make-up artist.

Deborah, It's Halloween, you have some cover, so don't worry about it so much.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    Most men who dress as women for Halloween don't have a pair of $300 silicone breast forms, don't have a set of $200 hip and butt pads and don't have proper fitting women's clothes, shoes, etc. And yes, they can't walk gracefully in heels. I suspect people who see you at the party will figure out that this is not your first time dressed as a woman.

If you want to fool them, you better use socks as boobs, no hip padding and stick to cheap flats or slippers that you might have bought just for this party.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    This is a common theme around Halloween. Look too good. Walk easily in heels. Presto you're identified as a cross dresser. If you want to avoid the high heel giveaway, maybe invest in a pair of wedges or some shoes without a narrow heel. As to falsies buy a package of large balloons and fill with water.

Perhaps there is a compromise between a female action hero and a day to day woman. Perhaps dressing in an evening gown and a sash for some mystery contest and a tiara and scepter.

Aspiring Member
    Maybe this "female friend" will have so much fun you should suggest doing again in private for her and your enjoyment. Who knows where it might go from here. Sherrii

Just go for it!
    However this has some great possibilities.
    Melania Trump? Stormy Daniels? Margaret Thatcher? Elizabeth Warren? Hillary? You may have to wear a name tag,
    "Hello my name is" and then scrawl "Hillary" in red crayon. Have any polyester pant suits?

Yes, just go for it. I think you'll have a lot of fun!
    I've done this a couple times at parties that didn't know I was a crossdresser. Be prepared for their comments. A number of my friends came up to me and said things like, "your make up looks a little too good", or "you seem very comfortable in heels". But who cares. I just played it off, you can too.
    Stephanie

Be the best woman you can. If it "outs" you, it just means that you're good at it. Take it as a complement.

If you're a guy and you're going to dress up as a woman for Halloween, pretty much everyone is going to be wondering about your sexuality anyway. Your average straight guy doesn't think about dressing up as a girl for any reason, there's simply no up side to it for them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would go and be as convincing a female as possible....let them think what they want, after all fooling everyone is more fun than scaring everyone …… and we all want pictures ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Debra

At Halloween I always try to look the part and not ham it up.

I get a lot of astounded pleasantries and compliments when I go to work.

No one has ever questioned my sexuality as far as I know. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    How you dress possibly depends on who sponsors the party. If an open party, and no one knows you, dress as you like. If a party by your company, dress like Ma Kettle.

Just show them how good you are. Don't "act" for their sake. If someone calls you on it, just say you were practicing so you would look good.

I did that to a friend's party years ago. When I walked in I did so with a stranger so they wouldn't associate us and know who I was. As I passed my friend who was the host I heard him say to someone "who is that girl". A few moments later my wife walked in and he asked where I was and then it hit him. All night long the girls were asking me about my nails, my makeup and my costume. It was so great.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Back in my en-femme days, oftentimes I'd dress up for Halloween!

Though it was *never* just as a GG -- but a costume that a GG would wear.

And that doesn't necessarily mean an off-the-rack costume. I used to spend a lot of time, effort & experimentation in planning & creating my own, well ahead of time. Of course, that included Halloween *accessories*... Whether that was a witch hat, or cat ears, or fishnets, or a choker, whatever. Plus it doesn't even have to be a Halloween dress, for example, if you go that route... Just something nice that works well for the look you're going for. And I also used to play around with my wigs & make-up, too, so it changed & suited any given look. Every time I did this, every costume was definitely different -- even when I was a cat multiple years!

Certainly a lot of fun, and I & everyone who saw always loved my costumes.

I'd go out clubbing, or go to house-parties... One year I simply stayed home & passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters!

I always wanted to go to work like that, but the companies/industries I worked for really didn't do that, unfortunately.

Seriously, who cares what people may or may not think! Do a good job, have fun with it, take things in stride. It's just a Halloween costume! And if you're honestly worried about walking in really high-heels with ease, then just wear a heel-height like a couple inches, at most... And ain't nothing wrong with comfy & cute flats. (Plus your feet will thank you by the end of the day/night. )

Anyway, I know there's some disagreement when it comes to this every year. But it's really not a big deal. And certainly no sense in trying to look & act goofy, or awkward, or whatever. You may be a bit nervous at the start, but that's normal... Though by the end of the day/night, you'll wish you still had waaaay more time dressed like that!
    Last edited by ellbee; 10-18-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Thank you everyone for your input! I decided today with my blonde hair I'm going to go as Stormy Daniels. My friend said she can match her look with makeup. Most of my close friends who will be there will be cool with it and other people, I really don't care I'm just going to enjoy myself. I like the giving credit to my makeup artist idea that some have said. And it's Stormy Daniels so definitely heels, big sock boobs, and probably a sexy dress 😊

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sorry but how is this not going to out you is my question?
    Unless you drive 100 miles away from home to go out maybe.
    I have heard this question a few times but never responded but this time I had to speak up.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Outed as what, exactly?

Someone who crossdressed for Halloween -- and *not* as a frequent & life-long CD'er (unless they willingly share their personal history).

Big whoop.

Wasn't the first, and I'm sure not the last!

Obviously one has to view everything for their own individual situation, but oftentimes the rewards can greatly outweigh any risks. And one may very well be pleasantly surprised at how that can all work out.

Personally, coming out to my social group at the time was the best thing I did... Paved the way & opened up all sorts of doors!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    There is always the question, rightly or wrongly, of looking 'too good'. I'd agree a costume would be better than just going out as a girl, but it depends on if you 'want' to be seen as a girl or not.....Anyway, just enjoy yourself.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    All I can ask is please try to look good and don't make a caricature of crossdressing by wearing trashy clothing.
    Don't make it all a joke when you go to the party.
    It may be a joke to you and others but to us that actually are out and live that way everyday its not a joke.