Thread: So few chances to dress, but tonight!!!

So few chances to dress, but tonight!!!

I have read story after story of others that got to go out for their first time. Years ago when I was traveling on business, I was able to get out maybe only in the hotel, or a short walk outside, but it has been a long time. I yearned to get out again, but now being retired, that seemed even less likely. We are in a sort of DADT with her hoping it will just go away. Recent opportunities just vanished as one thing or another came up. Family, illness, you name it.

Well tonight for the first time in years, I was home alone and I fully dressed and took a drive. Yes it was dark, and I only got out and pumped some gas, but it still felt great. I know once you do it, you long to do more, but my opportunities seem to be limited, so it will just have to do. Of course, my makeup sucked, I did not have any lower padding (must work on that) and as I was driving, I realized I did not put on earrings. Sheesh, so many details to remember.

Oddly enough, I realized today that I did not have a proper coat and it is cold. I thought of wearing my guy coat, but that seemed to kill the fun. So I dropped in at a thrift store and I lucked out. A leather 3/4 woman's coat with two snaps and a deep vee front for just over $13, and I got the senior discount. It is even a tall and it fits me perfect. Heck I would love to wear it in drab mode some times. It quite pretty with sections of it having some kind of pattern.

I just wore a pleated skirt with a off white sweater, some dress flats, pantyhose, wig, etc. Perhaps a bit overdressed for a weekday night, but who cares. A necklace, bracelet, my purse and I love it.

The good news is, I should get one more chance tomorrow night, if all goes according to plan.

Sorry, this is a boring post and like so many others before me, but I couldn't resist. Heck I'm still wearing the coat.

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    When you're just beginning, Traci, even the smallest baby steps can be very exciting!

Enjoy those new, special feelings as long as u can!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    Perhaps a bit overdressed for a weekday night, but who cares.
    One can't be overdressed if one's dressed well. If anything, your surroundings were underdressed.

Glad you got thru it ok. When you go out tomorrow, put your earrings on first.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Great to hear you were able to go out tonight! And buy that coat!

I wear earrings all the time. when in drab they are normally small silver or black balls. This keeps the holes open on my pierced ears. the clip on earrings kept coming off or hurting me.(even giving me a head ache)
    As for boring us, forget that idea. We all like to hear about others trials and tribulations. Many of us have been there. And Those new to CDing, are encouraged to start poking their toes/nose out of their closet, even if it is only in their mind (at first).
    So, put that coat you love on over your frock of the day selection, fire up your motor and get on the road. Even practice driving in high-heels. And when the WX is warm enough take the coat of while getting fuel. Maybe even go in to the 'Quick Stop" and buy a 'pop/soda/soda pop/cola' and a snack.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Hi Traci

Stories like this are never boring I'm in the same position with (or rather without) a coat. It's such a bulky thing to hide away too. Sounds like you found a great buy though.

Rachel

Traci,

Not boring at all! Driving in the dark, thrift store gems, forgetting earrings. I loved reading all of it.

Hugs!

Solange

I often think, when I dres, why do I go to the trouble of making myself pretty? For who? Myself? What an inefficiency of effort! I want to look pretty for someone, not just myself. I adore being attractive! I adore being desired!
    Roxanne, Pretty for Who?
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Traci,

You describe just how important these small victories are to so many. Every story such as yours gives support and hope to those who would dearly love to follow where you've been. Great find on the coat. Every gurl needs one.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Traci, I'm glad that you got a chance to get dressed and go out. A coat for $13 is a really great deal.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Reality Check
    Glad you got to go out. For me, the worry is being seen by neighbors while heading to and from the car. This leaves me with underdressing and then changing in the car away from my neighborhood. A real PITA. Sometimes it's just not worth the trouble.

I don't get a thrill out of driving dressed, especially at night. Also, women tend to limit their driving at night for safety reasons. When I do go out, it's usually in the daytime and the real joy is not the driving, but getting out of the car and walking in the park or the mall. Or on the city streets. Doing something that a woman might normally do makes it more believable.
    Krisi

Great story! Hope you start getting plenty more chances to get out!

Post a pix of the leather coat! We'd love to see.

Good for you! Never boring hearing/reading a "got out of the closet" story! Great that you may get another chance tomorrow! As Patience said, put the earrings on first! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congratulations on you outing.

Platinum Member
    As a retiree with a wife who is increasingly headed towards full retirement my opportunities to be en femme are decreasing. When my wife does work for a full day ( 7 1/2 hours) I do get fully en femme, sans makeup. When she does visit an out of state cousin it is for a week which does give me 24/7 Stephanie time. I am not one to venture out among the masses, but, I do enjoy an occasional drive and stroll. In my neck of the woods winter is not very cold, but, it is usually rainy. I do not have a long coat. Nor does my wife. However, my wife does have several zippered sweat shirts that are powder blue or light pink that I borrow. I still do bother with a lot of makeup or nail polish. Too much effort to remove if something were to happen like a car breakdown.

Thanks to all for the responses and encouragement. I hope I can get a chance to dress again tonight. Two in a row would be awesome. I am hoping my makeup will be better tonight and yes, earrings first :~). I have included a photo of the coat I mentioned. I was thinking of a more causal coat when I first went looking, but the pickings were slim and this one fell into my lap. It is a bit bulky and it will have to be stashed away with my other stuff. I so wish I could just hang it in the closet with my other coats, but that would go over like a "fart in church" at the present time.

IMG_1731.jpg

It goes well with one of my black purses.

Traci
    I just want to be pretty once in a while

I am in the same boat as Stephanie. My wife is talking about retiring soon, I retired last year and have been enjoying the Shely time a lot. I am afraid my dressing time will be all most nil. But hope springs eternal, I Hope!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Likewise I ducked in to get something warmer once, it can be a trap when you are in the warmth and then go outside in something light. Brrrrr.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Every journey starts with the first step.
    I hope you get more opportunities to expand your outdoor experiences.

Silver Member
    I feel bad for you. DADT stinks in the worst way, so I'm glad to know you are getting something of an opportunity to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Traci H View Post
    I have read story after story of others that got to go out for their first time.
    I know it's difficult for many, for various reasons, but we don't GET to go out. We have the RIGHT to go out like any one else.

I understand your point, but want to make sure all understand that we should go out, we must go out or nothing ever changes.

As the least passable lady here, I do so all the time, time after time.

Be smart, be appropriate, be confident and we must be visible!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

If your avatar is true to your looks, you are not the least passable lady here.
    I was going out fairly regular until something happened and it became very dangerous for me to go out regardless of how I dressed.
    I have moved away from that location but am still a bit jumpy.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Ladies, I got those earrings on the second night. I loved the dangly feeling they provided versus the first night when I forgot them. This time I threw caution to the wind and wore some wedge heels

To be truthful, I almost did not go out. Despite having the chance, it was already approaching 9 pm when I finished all my obligations for the day. My butt was dragging a bit and I seriously just considered forgetting the whole thing. After I slipped on a few things however, it felt just right and I continued and did another short drive. A different skirt and top this time. I lounged around home for a bit after that just enjoying the “fenmess” before finally calling it a night.

I’ll have to wait a while before I can bring Traci out of the weeds, but it was enjoyable while it lasted.
    Traci

Great to hear that you got to go out again.

Good to hear you ventured out again!

I'll share what I did yesterday.

After 1AM. Red Sox Win! Go to bed. Wake up and make pancakes for breakfast.
    Annual doctor visit. Good news, same as last year.
    Check out the mall. Buy a dark green cardigan from Forever 21 for $13. Try on two grey cardigans at H&M but even XS is too big at the shoulders and arms.
    Honey chicken at PF Changs. Getting tired so I go home and take a nap in the middle of the day!
    Hem half a dozen pairs of pants. Figure out how to adjust the tension for heavy jeans thread.
    Watch Big Bang Theory and Sheldon while learning how to use a seam ripper. It was cool to see Missy portrayed as highly intelligent, just in a different way from Sheldon. As well as the realization that Sheldon was getting all the attention at the expense of Missy.
    More Red Sox. They win the ALCS just before midnight!
    Last edited by Maid_Marion; 10-19-2018 at 07:24 PM.