Thread: Starting Hormones

Starting Hormones

Hello I start down a new path tomorrow as I start taking T blockers and then start estrogen patch on Sunday.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Good luck as you begin this part of your journey. Other than "be patient" and "do what the doctor says" (both things I was told) I have no other sage advice for you since I'm only about six weeks ahead.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Congrats on the new path! My plans are to start next month! I am going in with no expectations, that way whatever happens will be a joy! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I started HRT 11 months ago with no expectations. My therapist suggested it, but I knew I was TS all my life and needed her help to finally be able to live it. I have been more than surprised and pleased by the results. I too have been on a T blocker and Estradiol patches. I recently had to take a three week break from HRT because of my FFS. It has not been pleasant, with all kinds of negative effects that just validated that HRT is right for my body. I am only two weeks back on and finally getting back to normal! Nina, I hope the best for you and that HRT helps you to find yourself.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Just past the three month mark. So far, so good. The big surprise for me has been some weight gain. Gotta keep an eye on that. Good luck!

Welcome to your life, living as your true self! xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    That's good to here. I'm starting it as well. I guess it's a step forward in trying to like myself as what me and my therapist discussed in the past. I'm still pretty young, but good riddance to those who got in my way on this path, because it's something that I wanted to start a while back.
    Last edited by Lygophilia; 10-21-2018 at 03:06 PM.