Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debit card

Debit card

Is it possible to get a debit card with my female name on it?Have any of you ladies done this?Also do any of you have a drivers license
    with your photo and name on it?I was thinking i would love to have a debit card for when i shop as a woman.

I doubt it, a credit check would have to happen and your female name doesn't have any history.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Banned Read only
    Well to get a drivers license or ID in your feminine name would probably require a legal name change.

But getting a credit card, not debt is easier. As you can usually request an additional card for your spouse without an additional credit check.

For a debit card you need to talk to your bank and see what their policy is.

As far as I know, they’re going to want a social security number and birthdate for anyone you want to add as an authorized user on the card. I literally went through all this yesterday with a company card at work.

Michelle,

It is possible certainly from UK banks. It's something I'm about to do. The way you get around the need for credit and money laundering checks is to ask the bank to issue a second card of an account held in your real name. It's no different to an SO having a card from the same account. Her name would appear on the card.

When I asked about this at my bank, not that I need to justify it to them but my SO was present (I'm in the closet) it was so I could use a fictitious person for online shopping making identity theft more difficult. What I intend to do as open a new account in my actual name, transfer a small sum into in as well as getting the second card. That way I get to have a card to use for my femme shopping and should it get lost or cloned there'll be only a relatively small amount for them to steal.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Careful Helen, ever heard of an overdraft?

I am sure your bank will limit it, but it is still possible for someone to steal all of your money and then some if they get ahold of your debit card.

The safest way is to get a credit card with a low credit limit. Credit cards have better fraud protection than debit cards.
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-18-2018 at 11:53 AM.

I do have loyalty cards as Beverley and they have even been accepted for identification.

I do not use credit cards at all, usually pictures of Benjamin Franklin suffice.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I only have a debit card I have no need for a credit card but my UK bank to which my debit card is linked to got hacked and money went out the bank notifyed me of unusual movements and when I contacted them I got all of my money back there and then.
    As for my French bank we use virtual credit cards which have a limited ammount in them and the card expires at the end of the month any unused money goes back into to the debit account, problem solved.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    It's easy for me as I can use a shortened version of my name which can work in either gender , the alternative is use my initials which one of my cards does .

I would suggest prepaid credit cards if you really don’t want to use cash.

One of the members of my husband’s social group signed up for a credit card with her girl name (a bank had a booth at a TG event offering this “benefit”). She had to put $2,500 into an account up front. She thought she was pretty clever until she found that if anyone googles her girl name in “white pages”, her guy name and possible related people (wife, grown kids, town where they live) pops up. No way to get rid of it now (that I know of). Just be careful. Don’t fall into the “need” to have a card with your girl name trap.
    Last edited by char GG; 10-18-2018 at 12:40 PM.

A few years ago I changed my first name on my credit card to and initial, which worked for both my legal and new female name. The bank holding the card approved that. When I tried that at my credit union for my ATM/Debit card they said no. I had to present my legal name change court order to modify the name on the card, no initials permitted.

I live in Florida dl had to do a change of address on my Florida license. Since I'm retired and pretty much full time I got dressed (fem) and went to the dmv that way. I went in changed my address and also changed my picture to my fem self. I checked with my bank and the told me I could not get my fem name on my debit card. The nice lady did say that I can do a first initial only and that will work since my first name m and f start with the same initial. I am very fortunate to have a very beautiful and supporting wife.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I have a few loyalty cards with my fem name as well. Maybe not quite as official as a debit card, but we do what we can
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

With Chase I was able to get a second credit card for Sami. It depends on the card issuer's policy. Chase did not require a social security number for the second card.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I have credit cards.
    I just asked the cc company to issue one in my femme name and they did.
    One asked for "her" social security number so I had to cancel it, but the other has yet to request it so on I go. I prefer to use a credit to a debit card and keep my money a little longer working for me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I bank at Chase and simply asked that they change they name on my debit and credit cards form John Doe to J Doe (obviously not my real name but you get the gist). Chase had no problem doing that.
    Jill

Rachel has had a credit card in her name for about 15 years. UK credit card providers offer additional cards for "family etc." with the main card holder always being responsible for paying the bill. I just filled in the form and received the card and the PIN in the post and since then have received a new card every few years at expiry. No questions asked, but then again the card is used and the account is settled, so the bank is happy.

Debit cards are a different matter as they are linked to a bank account, but some banks do issue prepaid debit cards on which the account holder controls the amounts loaded. I just issued some prepaid cards from my business account in Portugal to employees and was able to use short form names rather than the usual full name(multiple forenames and surnames) that is required on the actual current account.

With Chip and Pin cards being the norm in Europe, the vendor usually does not look at or even hold the card, so in some respects the name on the card is irrelevant, but I like to be able to hand over Rachel's card when making girly purchases or when out en-femme.
    Last edited by RachelPortugal; 10-20-2018 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Just go to a bank and ask for a Visa gift card and load it up. The ones I got from TD bank looked identical to their debt and credit cards, just without the name on it. Or, here:
    https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/c...eloadable.html
    Walgreens used to carry them, too, so you can easily load them up anytime you want; Walgreens are all over the place, and many are open 24/7.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-19-2018 at 10:16 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

The way I see it, does it really matter if the sales clerk clocks you? I just accept it as inevitable. I can't pass from that close of proximity. And even if I did, my voice would be the next dead giveaway. I just hand over my credit card with my real name on it, do so with confidence. I've never had an unprofessional experience.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned here is if you do manage to get a debit or credit card with your female name on it what do you plan to do if they ask you for additional identification to verify that it is your card? I know this doesn't happen often any more but it still can. Are you prepared to explain why you have a debit/credit card with a different name than what is on your secondary identification?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula DAngelo View Post
    One thing that I haven't seen mentioned here is if you do manage to get a debit or credit card with your female name on it what do you plan to do if they ask you for additional identification to verify that it is your card? I know this doesn't happen often any more but it still can. Are you prepared to explain why you have a debit/credit card with a different name than what is on your secondary identification?
    I used to be prepared for that as UK driving licences had a space for AKA, but that is no longer available with new licences.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I know that I would not want any credit or debit cards with a fictitious name in my wallet/purse. Would hate to explain the reason for them to the authorities if questioned.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Every credit/debit card issuing bank I've ever opened an account with has given me the choice of how to display my name on the card. One option is initial(s) then surname. If your femme name has the same initial as your official name then there you go, problem (if there is one) solved. Works for me, although (as Jesskm said) who cares really, as long as the payment goes through the shop is happy.

I use my credit card an debit card with my male name on it when I'm out as Doreen - never been a problem. I also use my male passport when crossing the border as Doreen - never been a problem.

Reality Check
    In the USA, at least, it is illegal to have multiple drivers licenses. You will have to have identification to get one and it will have your real name on it. I suppose you could make yourself up as a woman for the photo but that would be a problem when you are in male mode.
    Krisi