Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do u think a male dressed in woman's clothes can be a "lesbian"?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Do u think a male dressed in woman's clothes can be a "lesbian"?

This is a take off on my "transbian" thread. There seems to be some disagreement on this point.

Altho the dictionary says lesbians r females, some members here describe themselves as lesbians when dressed. These members r attracted to women, not men apparently. I am, too. But, would never refer to myself as a lesbian because I'm not female.

How about u?
    If u r dressed and attracted to women, do u feel calling yourself a lesbian is accurate?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No I do not, I always think that the term Lesbian should solely be atributed to women who love women and sometimes form partnerships no way can a man who dresses up like woman be called a lesbian because of being the wrong original sex.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I have joked that I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body. However, my negative interactions with lesbians tells me, no.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I thought “lesbian” was the correct term to describe the sexual orientation of the female counterpart of a heterosexual crossdressing male.
    This is what I said in your other thread. It's still how I understand it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I guess we could be described as a lesbian with benefits, but no lesbian would agree with that.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I guess we could be described as a lesbian with benefits, but no lesbian would agree with that.
    So well put!

But to answer the question, it's a No from me, as I'm a friend with benefits too!
    Stacy!
    Last edited by Stacy Darling; 10-20-2018 at 04:35 AM.
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

There's another thread in the transexual section about transbian.
    In our broad and wide lgbtq....there's no rule. Remember that there's a sexual people and pa sexual too, so to be a trasgender woman and like sex with women is not weird.
    Remember that as may be one of the few rules, sex and gender are not the same.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I am only attracted to females whether in dress or drab. I wouldn't describe myself as a lesbian when dressed because underneath all the make up and hair I am still a male, and would only have a hetero sexual relationship with a woman. By that I mean I have no desire to have sex with a woman while dressed en femme.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

For me lesbian tendencies would be in the fore.

Traditional lesbian relationship views of men does not even bear thinking about
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    No, just plain no.

The best you can do on this one is Eddie Izard's "I'm a male lesbian", but that's stupid and IMHO degrading to the Lesbian community.

I love woman. Always have and always will. Not interested in men. I do not think of myself as a lesbian, but would love to be "with" a female while dressed

My personal feeling is that if you identify as Crossdresser, then the lesbian label would not apply. If you identify as trans, as the trans community will tell you, trans women are women, therefore lesbian would be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    My personal feeling is that if you identify as Crossdresser, then the lesbian label would not apply. If you identify as trans, as the trans community will tell you, trans women are women, therefore lesbian would be appropriate.
    I tend to agree with you notwithstanding a few others who don't.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    This! It may be a fantasy for some and that's fine, but I don't think any of the women I've known who are lesbians would think that, except in the case of someone who is trans.

Banned Read only
    Roberta,

Eddie Izzard is making a statement to how he feels inside whether the term is right or wrong to others , I personally have to agree with him, part of me feels the same way . If a person makes a statement how they feel is it right for others to say it's stupid , I've been right with other gut feeling. When I expained my feelings along with my Cding history to my gender counsellor she did understand why I feel this way .

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Roberta,

Eddie Izzard is making a statement to how he feels inside whether the term is right or wrong to others , I personally have to agree with him, part of me feels the same way . If a person makes a statement how they feel is it right for others to say it's stupid...
    That depends. People make stupid statements all the time. Saying that it's "how they feel" doesn't necessarily make it not stupid, especially their position is in contravention of plain facts.

This whole thread, two of them actually, is based on the glib or comic misappropriation of the term "lesbian". Trying to support an argument through such linguistic gymnastics is just plain, well... stupid. No one who can speak with any authority on the term, including every dictionary I can find, would seriously apply the term to a heterosexual man, his attire at the moment notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Aunt Kelly; 10-21-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Banned Read only
    Aunt Kelly,
    In your opinion for what it's worth !! Don't bother in making a reply I'm no longer interested in your opinion thanks !

Banned Read only
    In my DADT marriage my wife told me if she wanted to have a relationship with a woman, she would have married a woman. I guess with or without a dress I'm still a heterosexual man (in a dress).

I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Me too, I've always described myself that way.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Nope. It fails on too many parts of the definition and it also fails to show respect for the special relationship lesbians have with other women.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

For me its a blurry line. But if they feel like a woman, look like a woman, and the other woman is attracted to them as a woman, sure sounds like a lesbian. If only there were some other word like transbian to describe this scenario

After some thought, I have concluded that only a woman can be a lesbian. But I do think that men who have transitioned would be counted in that number. But for the rest of us who range from infrequent panty wearers all the way up to those of us who may live and present as women full tim, as long as we have our parts, we are still heterosexual males who are attracted to women. I confess that it would be a fantasy of mine to be fully dressed, then undressed and then have wild sex with a GG but as femme as I might be in the entire fantasy experience, I would still be a mant having sex with a woman. Not really a lesbian.

This is a very thought provoking thread. I too have referred to myself as Lesbian because I present as female most of the time and only like women. It's a slippery slope because once you start questioning the labels it's starts getting very complicated. For example is a genetic female that considers themselves non binary, they them referring, that likes women a lesbian? Many would say YES. They most likely would disagree because they do not consider themselves women. To strip it all down to the root would be to say if you have a certain chromosome count then you are either male or female. Sex and Gender are separate things and the current definition of male and female does not seem to hold anymore with about 75 variations in gender and sex. I feel female inside most of the time even though I have male parts. I only like women. What label am I? I have no idea. I think it's dangerous to start questioning who is "woman" and who is not. There are just too many variations on the theme. We all need to step outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Bingo.
    That's how I feel.