Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do u think a male dressed in woman's clothes can be a "lesbian"?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Do u think a male dressed in woman's clothes can be a "lesbian"?

This is a take off on my "transbian" thread. There seems to be some disagreement on this point.

Altho the dictionary says lesbians r females, some members here describe themselves as lesbians when dressed. These members r attracted to women, not men apparently. I am, too. But, would never refer to myself as a lesbian because I'm not female.

How about u?
    If u r dressed and attracted to women, do u feel calling yourself a lesbian is accurate?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No I do not, I always think that the term Lesbian should solely be atributed to women who love women and sometimes form partnerships no way can a man who dresses up like woman be called a lesbian because of being the wrong original sex.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I thought “lesbian” was the correct term to describe the sexual orientation of the female counterpart of a heterosexual crossdressing male.
    This is what I said in your other thread. It's still how I understand it.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I am only attracted to females whether in dress or drab. I wouldn't describe myself as a lesbian when dressed because underneath all the make up and hair I am still a male, and would only have a hetero sexual relationship with a woman. By that I mean I have no desire to have sex with a woman while dressed en femme.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    No, just plain no.

The best you can do on this one is Eddie Izard's "I'm a male lesbian", but that's stupid and IMHO degrading to the Lesbian community.

I love woman. Always have and always will. Not interested in men. I do not think of myself as a lesbian, but would love to be "with" a female while dressed

My personal feeling is that if you identify as Crossdresser, then the lesbian label would not apply. If you identify as trans, as the trans community will tell you, trans women are women, therefore lesbian would be appropriate.

Platinum Member
    In my DADT marriage my wife told me if she wanted to have a relationship with a woman, she would have married a woman. I guess with or without a dress I'm still a heterosexual man (in a dress).

I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Me too, I've always described myself that way.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Nope. It fails on too many parts of the definition and it also fails to show respect for the special relationship lesbians have with other women.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

For me its a blurry line. But if they feel like a woman, look like a woman, and the other woman is attracted to them as a woman, sure sounds like a lesbian. If only there were some other word like transbian to describe this scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    Bingo.
    That's how I feel.

I think a lot of the replies are missing a major point here. For it to be a lesbian relationship it needs to be between 2 women. What clothes you are wearing has nothing to do with it. If you self identify as a man then it is not a lesbian relationship, if you identify as a woman then it is. From what most in this forum have said, they identify as a man therefor it would not be a lesbian relationship no matter what was being worn.

If you want to call yourself a lesbian, that's your choice since you can call yourself whatever you want, but you need to remember that the rest of the world may not see it the same way and some may rightly take offense to you doing so.

No, a man in a dress is not a woman.

I describe myself as Lesbian, but only as a fun "in" joke with my S.O.

Gold Member
    No not a Lesbian; I will always be a Bio-Boy, no change for me, I am way to old for that.
    How ever I still like girls, and want to be with girls, but I am also wearing panties and a bra.
    So i guess that makes me a boy in disguise.
    rader

Well put, Paula. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not to their own facts. The plain fact is that lesbians are women, not men who dress like women.

Silver Member
    I cross-dress and I am only attracted to women (I have no idea how they can find the male form attractive. But I am oh so glad many do!) that being said I would not consider myself a lesbian unless I had lesbian equipment below the waist and I have no plan or desire to make the switch, so no!

No not a Lesbian.

But if a trans woman wants to identify as a Lesbian, There is really nothing I can do about it other than say they are misusing language to suit their needs. Sucks for the Lesbian community i guess, Many Lesbians Iv'e read want a real woman. This of course is viewed as bigotry on the left when in reality it's just personal preference.

This topic is pretty spicy, i wonder where the admins are to censor it =P

Aspiring Member
    I've often (jokingly) thought of myself as a "lesbian trapped in a man's body", but I don't really think of myself as a lesbian, because I'm not female - I just often wish I was.
    I don't think of trans women as being women either, and unless they can do something to morph chromosomes, they never will be. So a man who has had the hormones and surgery would still not be a lesbian if he/she was attracted to women.
    Just my opinion. I have nothing against trans people.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've been called a lesbian but if asked I just say I like girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    (I have no idea how they can find the male form attractive. But I am oh so glad many do!)
    I have no idea how anyone can find the male form attractive.
    But since that pesky testosterone has afflicted me with a male form, I am oh so glad that there are women that do!

I think it depends on whether or not the person has transitioned or not and to what extent. I think if you’ve had SRS and now have a vagina, you can definitely say you’re a lesbian. A mere CDer? Definitely not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    My personal feeling is that if you identify as Crossdresser, then the lesbian label would not apply. If you identify as trans, as the trans community will tell you, trans women are women, therefore lesbian would be appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    I think it depends on whether or not the person has transitioned or not and to what extent. I think if you’ve had SRS and now have a vagina, you can definitely say you’re a lesbian. A mere CDer? Definitely not lol.
    The lesbian community would probably differ with you on that; part of that is due to the obvious visual, tactile, olfactory, etc., differences in GG and MTF TS genitalia (despite medical science being able to construct a vulva/vagina out of tissue which is externally visually similar, the internals are still quite different). The number of GG lesbians who are sexually attracted to a MTF TS are probably even fewer than the number of GG's who are interested in crossdressers. The lesbians I have known are pretty much in agreement with this, but of course, that's only a small sample size.

AFAIK, there are no studies on this, but it would be easy enough to go to any lesbian dating site, and ask. Just be polite.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.