Thread: Did they really mean to say that?

Did they really mean to say that?

Just an amusing moment. (depending on your sense of humour) I was looking at another website and the advert on the side of the screen popped-up displaying the caption "Latest women's fashions. All sizes are reduced by 70%."
    So now i have this image in my mind of someone ordering a size 20 and receiving a size 6.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, i wondered whether to post this in "Random thoughts" in the Jokes&Fun section, but as it was real i decided to go for here.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Nice, It is certainly another way to look at it, now if they could only reduce the body sizes at least some.
    Crissy

Krea, that's funny. No copywriter at that site.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Very funny. Someone who wrote the advertising copy maybe didn't think about other meanings to the statement. We all do that at times, but it is funny. One can even do that with some of the terms we use. Take "gender fluid." So, exactly where do you buy gender fluid and how do you use it? "Fluid gender" actually works better and avoids the possibility of an image of a can of "New and Improved Gender Fluid" on the shelf. Fortunately, most people know what "gender fluid" means, but if you think about the literal interpretation it is really difficult to figure out what that can mean. Thanks for the chuckle.

Gender fluid? Sounds like a form of break (sic) fluid.

I do keep cuttings of print gaffes from newspapers and there are many every day, the good ones are rare tho'.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I see such faux pas numerous times. I remember years ago a car dealership offered a car for sale for $XXXX amount of bananas. A woman brought in $XXXX bananas, the real yellow kind of bananas. The dealership had to give her the car to her. The dealership got a lot of free publicity from the media, but, it obviously did not intend to sell the car for bananas.

What scares me is the size I need to order from them to get something that fits. not that good at fast math, but I know it's beyond the plus size range I normally wear.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Gold Member
    I would love to be reduced by 20%; Where do I sign up at.
    rader

Just another example of people not paying attention to what they are writing or saying. Some comedians make a living pointing out such errors.
    Hugs, Carole

Reality Check
    Yea, that's funny. I see things like that often. People write but don't read what they write before they publish it.

But - I bought three dresses at Ross the other day. I tried them on this morning and all three need to go back. Apparently they reduced their sizes by 30%.
    Krisi