Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing Observation

Disturbing Observation

I was going back and rereading the replies to a post and have to say I noticed something very disturbing. I know and understand that everyone has and is entitled to their own opinion. With that being said I find that multiple members are making comments that are very disrespectful to what appears to be a minority group of members on this site.

I'm speaking of those of us that are trans-women. I understand that this is mainly a site for cross dressers, however I thought that one of the core beliefs was that trans-women are women, at least that is what is often stated. Lately I have been seeing a lot of replies that imply or out right state that a trans-woman is not a woman.

So if we're if we're not woman, and we know we're not men what do you think we are? Also when seeing comments like I've been seeing lately it makes me question if we're even wanted here and if our experiences or knowledge is valued. Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression from what I'm seeing but it does make me question if it's worth staying around and being insulted.

There's a whole heap of love in the some of us! we may all be not be about at the same time though!

We are all the same!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Well, Paula....I would simply say, please don't judge an entire forum on the remarks and opinions of a tiny minority. I embrace the thoughts and opinions of all LGBTQ members here. And while yes, there is a large member base here for crossdressers, there are many trans men and women here as well. We all identify differently. And we should be happy for those that have found their identities and their sexuality, not critical of them. No one should be subjected to insults based on that identity.
    Last edited by Piora; 10-20-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Banned Read only
    There is always going be haters, I would just ignore them. You know in your heart who you are. I do feel out of place in the forums though.
    Last edited by Lygophilia; 10-20-2018 at 07:48 AM.

I believe people determine their own gender - so transwomen are definitely women in my world view

paula i find that it comes from all directions, intolerance with'in our group towards our community....dont think its right, i try to point it out when i read about it. just recently felt like a troll doing so. some folks just find different words to give the same point of view or ask a question they really dont want the answer too.

when i conduct my social events at a LGBT center i meet many interesting folks and when you are looking directly into someones eyes i feel i am really getting a connection that way as opposed to here. I will also get some "disturbing vibes" there also with folks who dont "get" non binary though so its not isolated just to this forum. i try to explain what its like to have the brain of a women and the body of a man ......some folks just will never get it.

at the end of the day its what you believe about your identity that matters most but its nice when folks have your "6". surely you have had mostly positive vibes here so keep in contact with the folks on those conversations....
    Last edited by mykell; 10-20-2018 at 09:23 AM. Reason: intolerance
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Paula,
    The problem is some may talk about wanting to be a woman without thinking about what a TS goes through , the mindset remains you can still float back and forth like a CDer . What you go through is permanent . The problem I have seen with some TSs I've met is their bodies are as they always wished them to be but their brain isn't fully letting go of some male issues , I would guess for some that never does completely go away . I realise this can be a very sensitive issue for some people and to have their gender challenged is totally thoughtless . It is a sad fact that some people do derive pleasure from hurting others .

We do need an input from TSs to give us a balanced forum , personally I hope you can ride over these people and help the ones that appreciate your input .

Quote Originally Posted by Paula DAngelo View Post
    I thought that one of the core beliefs was that trans-women are women, at least that is what is often stated. Lately I have been seeing a lot of replies that imply or out right state that a trans-woman is not a woman.
    I have seen this also and commented on it in the "I'm a Transbian" thread.

Maybe they are just thinking about it biologically and ignoring gender? Or maybe they actually feel that someone identifying as gender female isn't a woman and can't be a lesbian. Perhaps we will get some clarity.

Aspiring Member
    to me a trans woman is a woman and went through a hell of a lot of anguish and effort to become one

Paula, you stay here, comments like yours are good as it keeps the rest of us on our toes.

What you say is a reminder for others to remember how others have to live.

I think the comment before mine sums some of it up nicely.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 10-20-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Paula, I’m going to be honest here over the years I’ve struggled with this and can it be true trans women are women.
    I’ve been through a lot in the last year, from planning on transition and then not going through with it. However with all of
    this now living a more non binary life I know I am more female than male. Gender identity is a very tough issue for many
    of us I respect everyone here no matter who they are or their daily life and presentation

Moderator note

No one should ever feel insulted here this is a Support Forum for everyone in the community

I would urge anyone with an issue to report it.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I have seen this also and commented on it in the "I'm a Transbian" thread.

Maybe they are just thinking about it biologically and ignoring gender? Or maybe they actually feel that someone identifying as gender female isn't a woman and can't be a lesbian. Perhaps we will get some clarity.
    In general without regard to this site or any other written discourse the problem of using a single word to describe anything is to invite a multitude of perceptions of meaning. I have commented many times do not assign a singular word to a detailed subject. Express in sentences and paragraphs. Frankly, until that thread appeared, "I', a Transbian" I never heard it before. I don't think I live in a closet, but, if I as a participant on this site never heard it before and really do not know what its meaning is, does anyone really expect the general public to understand it.

If Paula has read something which upset her or is in conflict with her beliefs I would suggest she or anyone else should ask for a clarification from the poster. One of problems with written discourse is expressing oneself with clarity when the poster is maybe also thinking with non verbal communication. Written discourse does not readily project non verbal communication such as voice inflection or facial expressions.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I saw those two threads and the titles alone made me not want to read them.
    Knowing full well what would happen in them I chose to stay away.

Paula, as far as I'm concerned I think we all have the right to self identify. Remember we are mostly just a bunch of men trying to figure out our own place in society, who among us has a right to tell another where they fit on the spectrum. If you choose to identify as a trans-woman, or as a women, your call not mine. I'm still working on my own, crossdresser, or transvestite, or trans gendered so who am I to choose for you. We are a large group, and just like the real world, you have to pick and choose who you will listen to, and pay attention too, and who you need to just ignore, but please not run off, we need to hear from all the community.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I am, of course, what I choose to be, unless, of course, I am not who I am but am what I want to be, unless, of course, some of you disagree with what I am not thinking.
    Roxanne
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Paula, I believe that when we discover our non binary gender (and there is a huge variation inside this spectrum) we begin a fight. The first fight is with us, with our inner self, and this is a tough one. This leads us through various emotional states (questioning, anger, acceptance, deception, sadness, happiness, and so on) and some of the people on this forum can be on some of this states and will behave according to them.

So, try to accept these people and imagine that they are in a roller coaster of emotions and are only trying to understand themselves and win that fight.

That´s how I see these haters, because I have been there once.

Kisses

Patricia

One thing I have learned from this site is this:
    We are all somewhere on a VERY wide spectrum.

In my mind it is a simple answer. If you are transitioning to become a woman and feel like you are a woman, then you are a woman.

Paula, You stated you are a "trans-woman" then as far as I am concerned you are a woman. I am a man in a dress or skirt. Others here are full cross-dessers, many are somewhere in between, there is no room for hate or such ugly stuff. If it some one causes you to be hurt because of what you are then they need to be reported. I accept all forms of trans gender people as they are who they are.
    Fran

Gender tolerance is what is needed, throughout. Paula you should never have to put up with nasty comments against you and I totally agree with what Shelly says if something comes up which is a direct insult to you you MUST report the thread. This is a forum for help and support for everybody irespective of our dressing or gender level we should all support and help each other and not go out to hurt someone just because of some warped outlook on something.
    If for no other reason your place is here with us as I say we are here to help and support just as much as your life's experiences are of worth to us in turn.
    There are huge numbers of good people here just for you.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Hi Paula,

To piggyback Shelly’s post, this is a support forum for all and anyone who feels excluded or insulted should report it.

Although there are are varying opinions around here, but no one should be slighted. But I have found the vast majority of the members here are very supportive

Good for you for speaking up- as we need to do that periodically when the usual problems of online communicating arise. This site is special because of inclusiveness, while it is made up of individuals who each have a slightly different view of the elephant in the room- "gender". First problem is that gender is not well defined and has many attributes that are all varying, so people will be sure of their own views and oversimplify in favor of their convenience. Second problem is that people want to share, but more or less unilaterally, so they often don't read carefully, or the poster [me, for good example, is confusing], or terms are simply reacted to instead of analyzed.

I don't know what you went through-but every so often I or someone else will get some scalding comment on being too much of a MIAD for someone else. People don't feel it, so they don't understand it! THe problem of course is that should stimulate asking questions rather than criticizing!
    We are all beautiful...!

First I want to thank the show of support from members here. I'm glad there are others that are respectful of others and want this forum to be a benefit to all the members and realize that we can all help each other.

One thing that I keep seeing being repeated and personally I disagree with is that if you are insulted or someone is being insulting then they should be reported so that the Mods can step in. Now before everyone gets all upset let me explain why I fell this way. If someone is constantly insulting a group or individuals I can see the merit in reporting them, they are showing an ongoing pattern and this is something that I think falls into the area that the Mods are best equipped to handle. Now the rest of the times when it's occasional and not ongoing I don't see any merit in reporting the person. We're all supposed to be adults here, and I would hope most of us live in the real world where people say things we don't like or that we disagree with, or even are out right insulting at times. Do we all go running and complain every time this happens, or do we realize this is a part of life and just continue living our lives. Believe me, if you have any thoughts of transitioning you better get used to this happening and develop a thicker skin.

I've seen and heard of too many times where someone goes running to the Mods because they don't like a reply that was made, or they think someone is picking on them because of a different view, or at times the truth is posted. Some of the people here seem like they need to grow up and stop acting like little children. They need to remember the world doesn't revolve around them and life isn't always a bowl of cherries. Does it really do any good to ban someone for stating the truth or a different point of view just because someone "feels" insulted or put down? All I see that doing is causing the people with the real knowledge to keep quite or to leave and then we all lose.

Have I personally been insulted, no I haven't, however lately there have been quite a few posts that have been insulting to trans-women in general. So in a general way, yes I have been insulted. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one that saw this. Maybe I'm the only one that took offense and decided to say something. My initial post was not to point fingers at any one person or to cause any one to be reprimanded it was to get people to stop and think about what they are posting and to think how it will look to and possibly affect others.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Paula;

I've always found this site to be supportive of all women. I know that sometimes new members take a little time to learn to walk in high heels when it comes to terminology so to speak. Usually those people find themselves gently chastised within their own thread. I really don't know of any posts that are "been insulting to trans-women in general". Maybe if you could give a general example of what appears to be questionable in your opinion ?

Also when you see something,defiantly speak up in the thread. The moderators are do a great job and are very fair letting some conversations. I find it interesting when we have good discusions on issues such as gender, transitioning and and what it means to different people.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57