Thread: That significant item.

That significant item.

When I started doing this, it was a simple lark, without a rush or anything. Then I got a pair of heels that fit and WOW, I really felt something. Then I couldn't wait for the opportunity to dress again. Recently I got a cheap shoulder-length halloween wig to try with my CGI makeover fun (I take a pic of me dressed, then use a close-up on the face for one of those "What would you look like if you were a woman" apps, then superimpose it over my male face on the full length shot) and WOW again even more so.

1. Is this a typical reaction when taking a next step?

2. What is that particular item for you?

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    It has to be getting my first pair of shoes. I dressed for the longest time - years in fact - and never owned any shoes. Of course, my options were limited in the 80s and before that. But when online shopping came into its own, I was able to order pumps in my size (I didn't even know women's shoes could be made in sizes bigger than 8 or 9) Stepping into that first pair was like landing on another planet. I just gawked at my legs in the mirror for the longest time. And then Amazon came along and I now own MANY pairs. But, it still has that kick for me when I buy that next pair...and the next ones.....and the next....
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I would say your experience is not uncommon. Everyone's path in crossdressing shares a lot of common feelings and expereinces. So is your experience typical? Likely. Welcome to the experience. Enjoy yourself cause these feelings don't go away easily. (least not for me)
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

1) I don’t know exactly what it is you’re feeling, but yes. Lol

2) shoes and wigs are big ones. But it’s the little ones that REALLY blow your mind, like dangly earrings in pierced ears.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    For me it all started with high heels.
    One night I just wanted to go out in heels, but I'm not the androgynous type.
    So that just left, seemingly, one option.

Next thing I know I'm doing stand-up and making YouTube videos fully en-fem.

Granted, it took like three years to evolve to such.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Everything contributes in its own way, but getting and wearing breast forms was a big one for me.

My first rush occurred, years ago, as I slipped on nylon stockings, pantyhose or thigh highs and panties. To this day, nothing’s changed, except it’s now the whole nine yards. The rush is still there.

This is what I mean by CGI makeover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My first wig was a big jump for me, it meant committing myself as a woman.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Geena,

Yep I think that wow moment was my first wig. I'd bought shoes but they tended to be at least a size (or 2) too small. & was about the largest generally available in the shops. So when I then got my first size 9's that was another OMG moment. To complete the big 3, I got my first silicon forms. It would also be an omission to leave out getting my first corset. Seeing that shapely waistline, yep that was a good 'un.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    When I started doing this, it was a simple lark, without a rush or anything.
    Then I couldn't wait for the opportunity to dress again.

1. Is this a typical reaction when taking a next step?

2. What is that particular item for you?
    Not a single item, But a single moment at age seven.
    Putting a sister's white cotton panty that had little flowers on it.
    Pulling up her white tights to see that my legs looked like hers in them.
    Pulling on her white nylon slip that had some lace appliques in the breast area and how that FELT against my body.
    Pulling on her red, short sleeved, knee length, medium cotton knit sweater dress.
    This moment cemented it for me that I knew I would be dressing up again in their clothes in the future.

Slip pic for reference
    sister's slip.jpg

For me, dressing was something I had done since early childhood, underwear, dresses, even shoes was just common wear for me, by my late teens I was wearing my hair hippy long, and loved to set it in curlers, comb outs where exciting for awhile. But the one thing I had missed where hips, and the first set of hip pads I got, that was amazing, to look in the mirror and she a shape that really filled out the clothing right, the was one of the best feeling. Also the first set of prostheses I got, that was special. It didn't change the look that much from what I had been using, but the weight and movement, it surprised me just how much I felt the effect of it all.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Silver Member
    Initially, my first wig ... so exciting. Then my silicon girls .. OMG, so real !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    There have been lots of steps along the way, first dress, first wig, first proper heels, getting both ears pierced, shopping for myself for the first time, they all add up. But I would probably say the wig was the biggie, putting it on for the first time with full make up was a real turning point in my CD journey.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Not certain there was one thing but when I got my first really nice wig from a professional shop it seemed to make my presentation complete in my eyes.
    Dressing is not a hobby for me so I really don't think about the clothes because its not about the clothes for me.
    The clothes are my clothes I wear them everyday so there is no thrill or sexual sensation.
    I have no fetishes so I guess that makes me a bit different.

Banned Read only
    Geena,
    I have to say the first time trying a wig on with reasonable makeup , I checked in the mirror and the guy had gone . That was the turning point when I knew far more was about to happen because another door had just opened . Looking back it's possibly when Teresa came into being , this wasn't just Cding far more had just happened .

My fingernails are painted full-time, whether I'm en femme or not. Just looking at my nails does something for me.

Hopefully, l'll have an experience similar to Tina B. when I finally have my hips sorted out.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

For me it's the whole package, love the makeup especially my red lipstick, the panties I wear daily to keep me in touch with my femme side to be nicer to other, and when I slip into my hose with my heels and dress completely then it's the feelings I have that keep me returning for more. Like many others I feel excited that I'm not looking like the same old dull me but a vibrant GG that is dressed to the top. I started in my moms things many many years ago so it's been a gradual climb just adding many more things to the next steps.

My first crossdressing experiences were with girdles nylons and slips when I was very young. I know my first wow moment was with a wig and make up, much later in life. I had bought my first wig and decided I needed to try make up. I went to a transformation studio and had my make up done and watched in the mirror. When the wig went on is when I just said WOW. I could not believe how feminine and nice I looked. That was my big life changing moment. After, crossdressing for me has always involved make up, wig with womens clothes. Heels came later and added to the fun!

The moment was wearing a bra for the first time. It just felt so right.. like I should always wear one. Then added in the forms and that completed it. There was another moment.. the first time I shaved my legs and slipped on nylons. Life changing to say the least.