Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformation or Present as a Man in a Dress

Transformation or Present as a Man in a Dress

We were out to dinner an having a drink in the bar. There was a group of 5 people have a drink, 3 women and two men. The men were nicely dressed in cocktail attire with simple but flattering jewelry. They both wore their hair long but in a relatively androgynous fashion. One has nice highlighting. One of the men sported a beard along with nicely done eye makeup and perfectly polished nails. Both men were nicely dressed but without any effort to present as a woman.

When I dress, my goal is to transform myself. I want the womanly curves that I can achieve with breast forms and hip pads. I don a wig and try to do my makeup to the best of my ability. Though I am sure I wold not pass, I would like to be transformed.

My experience in the restaurant in one approach. Simply enjoy woman's clothing and accessories but not trying to transform oneself. The other approach is to transform oneself to present as our inner woman. Both approaches are valid. However, I was wondering what your goal is: Transformation or MIAD?

Andrea

I am assuming female cocktail attire, from your description they could have been presenting as neatly dressed men.

If they were miad's it sounds a better presentation than some.

For me a miad is just a political statement.

Me?

I dress as a woman would.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Beverly,

You are correct. Cocktail dresses not men's attire.

Andrea

Aspiring Member
    Transformation, definitely.

When I get my makeup and wig right (it doesn't happen every time, because I just don't get enough practice), I love the feeling of being out there, seen as a woman.
    (well, I am hoping that I am being seen as a woman!)

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I believe people should be allowed to present however they feel, MIAD, andro, beards, whatever. Personally I would only ever be happy with a full transformation, whether going out or staying indoors. I want to look like, and be seen as, a GG (or as close as I can get)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I can appreciate the full transformation end of the spectrum, but I'm more androgynous to MIAD. I'm mostly closeted with an occasional more androgynous outing. I haven't done makeup, but probably would if the wife were more accepting. Even then, I'd be a man with makeup.

I miss my younger, thinner physique, but i tend to like my man-bod including the modest man-boobs.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    While out I do prefer the full transformation I do go out andro now and again and most days at work I’ve got some type of
    female clothing on and wear makeup but am still male in look

My "goal" is to look as much like a woman as I can and to act like a lady.
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    It depends on if I am leaving the house or not. If I am staying in, I don't bother with make up, jewelry, and all the fine details. But if I am going to be out in public, then blending is a must for me. So I do everything I can to present as feminine.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I agree Carole.

I am an unapologetic MIAD, and would do as the men you saw, except no makeup. I'm a former hippie all natural type and although I react like any other man to the beautiful look makeup confers, and in high school drama I was amazed at how wonderful my eyes looked with mascara, I really am put off by it unless it is the makeup you can't see or feel. Otherwise I feel like I am seeing a coating, not the skin and reality of the person.

I have the same feeling about forms. Even though when I put on a padded bra I love the look I can get [from the neck down]. I don't want to wear it around others, since it feels like false advertising to me and dressing in feminine clothes is meant to broadcast my reality as a feminine person. I don't like to see padding on women either for the same reason- I feel like she has adopted a formal disguise. I don't begrudge her that, since it is more important for a woman to look like am 'attractive' woman just to get by, and she may not like it any more than I do!

I absolutely know I can feel as feminine as any female can, and manly as well, [as females can, too]. So I don't regard my crossdressing without trying to simulate being female as a political statement. I think it is just a simple statement of the diversity of human nature, but most importantly, my nature as one point in the gazillion points that make up humanity.

Obviously many females and males love makeup and padding and emulating female appearance ideals, and each person has a point where they feel successful in that. I really am happy when people achieve their appearance goals. I do feel it is important to stand up and object when people try to use political means of control to force others to dress or groom in ways they don't feel authentic.
    We are all beautiful...!

I find myself in between Transformation and Miad.

I love women's clothing and makeup. But at the same time, it isn't my mission to "pass" either.

I just roll with it and don't worry about all the labels.

Are you SURE they where men? There are women that sport facial hair. So much so they have beards and mustaches. Such as little bear Schwartz. https://www.google.com/amp/s/broadly...nsely-feminine Makes here no less a lady.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Neither. Transformation implies becoming something “else” and I’m always a gorgeous woman no matter if I’m showing it off to the world or not.

Banned Read only
    I wear clothing items that I like that fit me well. (IMO anyway) SOME of those items are sold in the "female" sections of various stores.

SO WHAT?

I "help educate" SOME people when I go out "dressed" but that is simply a product of my presentation not a GOAL.

Judging a book by it's cover is not a good idea and neither is judging a man (or woman) by their "presentation".

When I dress it is to emulate feminine and appear as womanly as possible. If someone wears androgynous apparel that's ok just not my bag - but I am put off by feminine clothing on someone not presenting as female, I mean to me it's just silly and stands out as exhibitionist. I am mot judgmental, condemning or pointing fingers - but it just seems silly, I mean why? ………………………….Debra

Platinum Member
    Hi Andrea , For me it is All or Nothing when I dress to look as natural and feminine as possible.

I just don't get the MIAD thing at all. >>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid..o..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Personally I like to dress head to toe to the best of my abilities.
    Sometimes my abilities are somewhat lacking, other times not.

As far as MIAD I can see it as a much more honest presentation.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    For me a miad is just a political statement.
    Going full femme might be construed as a political statement as well.

For me, dressing means bringing into view what I feel is the "flip side" of my male self.

The flip side of the male cannot be male.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Interesting thread and interesting responses. Years ago, I achieved the final stage...dressing completely using everything needed to look as much like a woman as possible, including things other than clothes, i.e. shaving legs, arm pits, chest, etc. feminine deodorant, bath powder, moisturizer, etc. My lovely wife, a former model, is very feminine and I’ve copied many of the things she does, except I still wear nylons and heels. Not bragging..I’ve gone out and passed. Daily, I wear something female underneath. Mark my goal as definitely TRANSFORMATION.

Today is the third day in a row I’ve had an opportunity to dress up, so I take it while I can.. that said though, I was thinking about no make up today just but that didn’t happen. It’s full on or nothing for me at the moment. Not that I’m leaving the house, I’m just taking photos so I’ve something to look nice for.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Definitely transformation, there are times I underdress when unable to all girly (to shop, etc...) but my goal is total transformation.

I present as a man in a dress. I do not own any/a makeup, bra, pads, forms, wig. I try to wear clothes that are pretty, but do not destroy my masculinity. I avoid flowers, pastels, bows, etc.
    I go out in public occasionally. Society accepts me pretty well. Years ago, I would get unusual looks, and people would whisper to their companions. That does not seem to happen any more. It started changing after the whole Caitlin Jenner thing. I guess people realized, "OK, these people are out there and it is not like seeing an endangered animal."

Joey
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Going full femme might be construed as a political statement as well.
    I was thinking the same thing!

And to steal Phil's quote from earlier, I too am a "unapologetic MIAD". I don't feel like I have some inner woman that needs to be expressed, so I have no need for a full transformation.

Transformation.
    I have no interest in being seen as a man in a dress.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !