Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we have in common?

What do we have in common?

I do love it that there is, on this site, such a wide variety of expression of a commonality … our MtF love of women's clothing. To me, this is the essence of 'crossdressing', no matter how each of us views 'the woman within'.

So … what else do we all share in common?

I'm tired of arguments over our perceived differences. These do nothing to further our cause or foster a sense of unity on this board.

Over to you.

I still have some male interests / hobbies Girl watching, cars and trains to name a few.

I am also into some female hobbies like a sewing machine and all you can do with that.

Cooking is high on the list as I do like the food I prepare.

I can prepare edible food too. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    The reality is that we most likely share no more 'other' things in common with each other than we do with the general population as a whole. For example, I don't think a love of womens' clothing would make anyone more likely to embrace the interests listed by Beverley. There was a great thread by Charlotte7 recently that dealt with the issues of CD's and the trans community in general being possibly more understanding of women and feminism as a whole and how embracing that could help with acceptance, reccomended reading.

Daisy

As an effort to put a poetic answer in- I'd say we all share the feeling of being in a strange boat, the ship of manhood. And we all spend time wishing we were on the peaceful`island of womanhood. And for many of us the best we can do is spend stolen moments of respite in special lifeboats, which no one else knows about, which are our dresses, and dream of being on the island.
    We are all beautiful...!

Gale,

There was a thread a little while ago which I think was titled "Things you'll never hear a CD'er say". One reply was, "Aren't you ready yet".

So I think we share to a greater or lesser extent an empathy with women. We can't know it all, just certain aspects of their daily lives. We are given an insight into their world and we appreciate just what it takes.

BTW, I like you name. Made me smile

Aspiring Member
    Other than women's clothes I think that a Venn diagram of our shared interests would be more like a Jackson Pollack painting than the Japanese flag.

Banned Read only
    Gale,
    We just might share more things with women than we do with other CD's or men. Wonder if women could posibably know that and it would be nice if they appreciated it.

A certain wariness about how much of ourselves we can reveal to those close to us, or the general public? A feeling of isolation, however vague or intense? A feeling of being a second class citizen in our own countries?
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Lipstick!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    Other than women's clothes I think that a Venn diagram of our shared interests would be more like a Jackson Pollack painting than the Japanese flag.
    Is the painting upside-down?

Thanks for your replies - they made me smile, which is a lot more than I do when I read threads where members diss each other.

More of this, please!

Banned Read only
    I always found it really weird and annoying that just because someone sees a CD in the wild they feel the need to go up to them and start talking. I don't get it when members here ask if they should of gone up to someone and said something. Why??? It's even worse when the suggestion is given of making a compliment (inevitably fake) to break the ice. Would you do that to a GG unless you really mean it? Probably not because it would be seen as creepy. It's also creepy to that to another CD.

I have very little in common with most CDs and have conflicting viewpoints and personality with several as well. That's because it's the same with the general population. The way we dress is a very low factor for camaraderie. I don't attend T events because they seem quite boring to me. I guess it's different if you have integrated your feminine side into your daily lifestyle.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    With contributors from the four corners of the globe,I think we would find the list of other things we have in common may be a short one

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Many things in common:

1- talking with (between girls) for hours

2- cooking, laundry, ironing, and most household chores.

3- shopping for wife and with her.

4- lots of emotions at times.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    Lipstick!
    For sure!

A while a go someone asked how many of us were pilots, there were quite a few positive responses. I also love lipstick.
    Last edited by alwayshave; 10-31-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

We all joined this forum to be around our own kind.

I'd like to think that regardless of the CD/TG stripe we agree we all deserve basic human rights as outlined HERE. And, I'll add freedom of bathroom choice.

We have lots in common, but still have our own likes and dislikes, that's only natural. I have been amazed here how many similarities I find in the comments about CDing. I feel at home here sharing my secret opinions with others of like mind. And I appreciate the chance to do it with friends. I also do Fliker and have many pictures on line there, but am very wary of some of the people lurking there. Here I feel safe in letting my hair down. But I think we all like LIPSTICK (bright red).
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Shely, I am with you on the lipstick comment. I love it and bright red for sure. Just an observation on my part. Many, if not most members here are professionals in their field of employment.

Having given this some thought, I believe the one thing we have in common is we’re permanently “infected” with the “Pink Fog”. Once it creeps into your consciousness or subconscious, the door automatically opens for each of us to do whatever our desires, needs or wants...whenever or wherever to any degree that may be reality at that particular time. And, as we know, is variable and changeable. To each his/hers own.

Gale,
    I have some thoughts that I'd like to share, but before I do, may ask whom you include the group "we"? Do you mean crossdressers, or the rest of "us" under the TG umbrella?

and lots of us are retired, or semi retired, and have been married for quite a while!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Gale,
    I have some thoughts that I'd like to share, but before I do, may ask whom you include the group "we"? Do you mean crossdressers, or the rest of "us" under the TG umbrella?
    Thanks for asking Aunt Kelly.

My OP is fully inclusive - 'we' means everyone who is a member of this forum.
    I'm not interested in the things about which we fight or have disagreements.
    I want to know what we ALL might have in common.

Thanks to all for their responses, so far.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Funny, I've never thot of it as "arguing"?

I've been here a long time and have seen a LOT of girls come and go.

We all live our own unique lives. And, the result is we have our own opinions and experiences!

Personally, I still learn something new here nearly every day. How to prepare myself differently. How to do something easier or better. What to buy and where. And, I enjoy everyone's experiences thru their eyes!

Then, to finally meet some of u in person makes this forum a one-of-a kind dresser's experience that can't be duplicated anywhere else!:
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A while back one of the members here (Karen Hutton) nailed it. We all just want to be pretty.

In the animal kingdom it’s often the male that’s the prettiest. Compare the peacock to the peahen for an extreme example.
    Have often wondered if some distant suppressed genes are awakening?

Glenda