Thread: Fashion sense

Fashion sense

As a guy I was always in jeans or shorts with a t-shirt or polo shirt.When It came time to get dressed up to go out I had no Idea what went
    with what.But as a girl I instinctively know which heels or boots go with which outfit.I can mix and match outfits easily and with style.
    My ex-wife when I bought her Christmas or birthday presents would love the outfits I picked for her.She always looked forward to gift from
    me.I would just picture her in something I thought would look good on her.Mostly I was thinking what i would like to wear but could not.
    Do any of you girls find that happens to you?

In man mode I send very little time thinking about what I am going to wear. When I am going to present as a woman I consider where I am going, what will the weather be, what have I worn lately, what color combination should I wear, what jewelry, which shoes, which wig, etc. No wonder it takes a woman longer to get dressed!
    Hugs, Carole

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    In male mode I pretty much know what's going on,and without too much fuss

But picking out the right outfit,accessories and make up,is a much more fun if time consuming experience

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Nope. I’m just as persnickety about my boy clothes as my girl clothes.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Just the opposite for me. Boy clothing is easy.

Women's clothing does not come naturally to me. I constantly struggle in front of the mirror. Second guessing every decision. Very rewarding when it all comes together though.

My girl mode has definitely helped with my guy wardrobe.

I just wish I could find the same deals at the thrift store on guy clothes as women's.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. I have no imagination! I can't tell until after I wear something whether or not I like it.

Sometimes I can't tell until after I look at the photos!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I try to dress my best as a man or woman. Now that I'm retired my male clothes are pretty dull, jeans and a shirt everyday. I usually go overboard buying my wife's clothes and for the most part she likes my taste.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

my daughters prefer it when I go clothes shopping with them, like you, just have a natural ability when using my female personality, but in guy mode- I have to refer back to the girls for help.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

For me its the amount of effort required to dress. Male mode, no effort, femme mode thinking about what I'll wear for days prior. It doesn't come easier, it's just more fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi michelle , I always takt pride in my appearance in both male & female mode,

You never get a second chance to make a good first impression. >Orchid..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My Femme Fashion sense was learned from style appreciation and art!

Yet my male dressing has always been finely coloured and textured through only my mind!

I guess that fashion sense may in a way be similar to cutting a peony from a bush and appreciating that look, or leaving the peony on the bush and appreciating it in thus way!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

My girlfriends of long ago taught me fashion sense, I sometimes wonder if I still have it. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have zero fashion sense when it comes to girl clothes. It changes so frequently, that what's 'in' today, will be 'out' tomorrow. So I just look through magazines and buy entire outfits as seen on those pages; I trust that the people putting together a particular 'look' knows a lot better than I ever will about what looks good with that.
    Men's clothes? Easy; just a few simple rules: 1. Don't look like a slob; don't wear anything that's dirty, or looks like you pulled it out from the bottom of a pile of laundry. 2. Don't wear clothes that make you look like a manual laborer, unless you're actually doing manual labor (bricklaying, carpentry, landscaping, auto/bike mechanics, etc.). 3. Never wear a baseball hat backwards unless you're actually playing baseball, and you are the catcher and need to wear it backwards in order to put the catcher's mask on. 4. When in doubt, dress a notch 'up' rather than down. 5. Wear things that fit correctly, and wear them correctly (no butt crack showing, or underwear). 5. If in doubt, ask a woman how you look. It's simple; just snap a selfie in the mirror and attach it to a text to some woman you trust. Women love to show off their fashion sense. 6. Shoes instead of sneakers. Blazer instead of sports team windbreaker. Khakis instead of worn jeans. Polo instead of a T shirt (T shirts are UNDERWEAR, not outerwear!). 'Wife beater; shirts are NEVER worn by themselves, only under a dress shirt. Sure, once you're married, there's the tendency to stop caring about how you look. Don't. Just, don't. Try to look good. Your wife/GF will appreciate it just as much as YOU appreciate it when she dresses pretty.

And if you're not going to want to separate the lights from the darks in your laundry, at least don't throw the whites in with any other colors. Dingy white clothes NEVER looks good.

For those too cheap to iron, most drycleaners have relatively inexpensive service to do just your dress shirts, on hangers. While in a box might seem more convenient, we can usually still see the crease in boxed dress shirts from the cleaners, and it just makes you look like you just got unfolded.
    While this may seem like a lot to remember, I promise you, it's really not that hard to look well put together. It becomes second nature in a very short time.

Edit; I learned this trick a long time ago. Figure out a way to keep your dryer going after you open the door; if you can pull the items out while they're still hot & tumbling, without them falling into a heap into the bottom of the dryer drum, it will look almost as perfect as if you had ironed them. I've been doing this for years. In most cases, it's a simple matter of just shorting the latch that activates the power and shuts it off when the door opens. One wire nut and tape is all it has taken me over the years to do this with every dryer I've owned. If you're worried about someone climbing into the dryer, you can also install a kill switch on it somewhere else so that it won't get accidentally turned on.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-24-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

In Man Mode I do know when an outfit looks right (to me anyway) but it's not very often and is usually skinny jeans, t-shirt & jumper. I very rarely wear a suit these days and could never get one that I felt entirely comfortable in.

In Girl(?) Mode I also know when something is right and even with a limited wardrobe (in reality a couple of bin bags ) I feel spoilt for choice

First, I have started trying to dress fancier in menswear. I do not like the trend I am observing where women now wear athletic clothes and flip-flops to church and to court. I realized that I was on that same trend in menswear. I have tried to change that.

I mix and match outfits for 15-30 minutes sometimes when I am trying to put together a pretty outfit. I do not have to do that in menswear because everything I own matches (more so in my jeans than with my dressy clothes.)
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Hi

I’ve found a number of conflicting thoughts

- when I consider what I’ll wear in boy mode - minimal fashion sense. Basically, just wear something “acceptable” for the occasion. Black suits for funerals. Gray suit for other suit-requiring events. Etc. just hanging out at home - random jeans and a T-shirt or polo shirt. Not much more

- thinking about what Fran will wear - I have a limited wardrobe, but I try my best (may not succeed, but that is for another discussion ;-). Even when I can’t dress, if I see things - whether in the wild or in advertisements, here, etc, the little bit of Fran that is always in my head will be thinking “can I wear that, does it go with ...” and so on.

- In any mode looking at what women wear — I’m always paying attention, Apropos of other threads, I am attracted/etc to women, period, end of discussion, regardless of mode/presentation/... so this may be a part of it!

- in any mode, looking at men and what they wear ... about as interesting as watching grass grow. No, less interesting... growing grass implies I will have to mow it eventually.

Fran

In my male mode I really could care less about if my shirt matches but in my femme mode I do have that sense of that won't match with these heels, leggings or skirt. The only thing I've found though I'm constant on is my red color lipsticks in many shades of red. I could have on solid orange dress but you can bet I'll have on my red lipstick.