Thread: A covert operation

A covert operation

So today, I met up with a forum friend who needed "logistical assistance". This was the second time we have met in person. The first, dressed up and all pretty and what not. This time, in inconspicuous boring male mode. Our top secret meeting was all about stealth, so my friend dressed business casual, and I, a dirty truck driver lol.
    We conducted our business, chatted for an hour or so, and went on our way. Mission accomplished. Afterward, I couldn't help but think which were the actual disguises? Girl mode, all dressed up? Or plain old regular male mode... For me, I've spent almost all of my life hiding, and "pretending" I'm something I'm not. Like putting up that male "front". But when I dress (fully), I feel I'm not pretending. So technically, the male me would be the disguise, I suppose.
    I guess there's not really a question to ask here, but it was just an observation that stuck with me through the drive home.
    Don't get me wrong though, I'm ok with the the whole male mode thing, it's just another part of who I am. Besides, being a girl is a LOT of work
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It's ok, Samm. I remember my super spy outings 10 years ago. Flop sweat and scared near to death about being found out!

I'm still nervous every time I'm out in Vanilla Land. But, it's not the same AT ALL!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Funny how now when I go drab I feel that I'm crossdressing as opposed to being en-femme.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

As the friend mentioned above, I have to agree with Samm that it can be confusing about which mode is "real" and which the "disguise". In my case, I think we were both in disguise because we first met dressed in female finery, and that's how we both would want to be when meeting. So our stealth was aimed at maintaining that ideal.

I will admit, I was wearing heeled western booties to the meeting. And the package was opened in the car and the contents worn to my destination before all signs of femininity were removed.

Its actually kinda fun, setting up meets and greets. And then finally walking out of the perverbal coffee shop. Mission accomplishment...
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Davis View Post
    And the package was opened in the car and the contents worn to my destination before all signs of femininity were removed.
    Wow! You made it all the way to the car without opening it lol.

"And I, a dirty truck driver", sorry Samm but that sounds and is kind of derogatory to us truck drivers.

Such an interesting topic for me, as I'm hoping to help a new Friend out soon! Luckily for me I'm quite happy to be anywhere on the gender scale. Ok ,so maybe 2hrs as a Dom Male and that's it!

It's so wonderful that we can take our friends out as you have!
    So, much love to be shared,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by andreanna View Post
    "And I, a dirty truck driver", sorry Samm but that sounds and is kind of derogatory to us truck drivers.
    No slight was intended here, Samm meant that after a long day of deliveries, she came directly to our meeting without cleaning up. It added to her disguise!

So what comes to mind after reading the post is (as the music grows more intense leading up to the big scene). We are the Camillion in a suspense movie able to change identity in a deep of a brush. Mild mannered truck driver by day to heart throbbing diva by night. To sweep the unsuspecting off there feet to complete the mission we have at hand.. lol. it made me think of being in a Bond movie.. lol I know i'm being silly..

Banned Read only
    Samm,
    This can be a tricky one , how to meet a new member of the TG community ?

I met for the first time in drab and the unwritten rule is we should do this for the first meeting . Recently I was asked to meet up to jointly meet another CDer , I now choose to only go into my town dressed so the meet happened without me . The next time the new CDer wanted to meet up with me it was planned in an out of town shopping centre , I dressed but the other person didn't , she wanted to shop but that created a problem . I was doing the asking on her behalf and then urging her to go try on but she was struggling with dealing with the situation . We decided to shop separately and then meet up for coffee , that worked out OK , I was relaxed about the whole thing so the other person relaxed and we chatted for about an hour .

This was a learning curve for me as well , I hadn't realised how much I had moved on until I was faced with this situation . I will admit when I met another new Cder in a different shopping centre I found it much easier as we were both dressed , she chose some items and I joined her in the changing area to help with shoe buckles and zips .

I have to agree with Lisa's comments being in drab feels wrong , in fact I don't feel I'm CDing anymore I just have a greater selection of clothes to choose from depending what chores or errands I have to do .

Andreanna, I drive, and my clothes get pretty dirty throughout the day. Nothing derogatory there, just not as funny describing it this way....
    Mikayla, I had the theme music from Mission Impossible in my head the whole way there lol

Being a girl may be hard but as a male I am living a lie, yes male mode is quite often a disguise for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love this Samm!

When I dress fully I also feel as if I am not pretending but if I really think about it I realize I do put up a "front" as a male and I do it almost every day. And I am completely fine as well being in male mode but if I consciously think about it
    I realize I am hiding in plain sight. It is such a different way to look at everything.

Oh and it is sooo true......being a girl is SO much work!!
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/