Ilene. There has been much talk of dressing for success and still being physically capable of defending yourself whatever the clothing choice but I think those replies are missing the point. Correct me if I am wrong but is it simply the case that had you encountered the same men at the same time when en homme you would not have perceieved there to be any risk regardless of whether you were dressed smart or casual or whether you were 5' 5" or 6' 3" tall, but, dressed as you were you automatically percieved there to be a threat (be it from misogynistic or transphobic attitudes) regardless of whether there was one? Furthermore it is this perceived threat that some women can encounter almost daily whereas men encounter it very rarely. As a male I have found myself in that situation only about twice in 54 years but as a female there are many places I would not go for fear of putting myself at risk due to not being male. That is a privilege that most men take for granted simply because they have not experienced life as a female first hand. Many here on this forum are, of course, more knowledgeable on such matters.