Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoos

I have never wanted a "Normal" tattoo...

I would like to get up the courage to get an approximately 1/8 inch diameter blue or black dot on my forearm that looks like a mole so that I can tell people that I am "So embarrassed that I ever got a tattoo!"

Is that twisted or what?

Tina

I think tattoos are not a good idea. You might need to rob a bank someday, and they will recognize you because of that tattoo.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

People who know me only in male mode would never guess that I'm more than 50% covered in ink. My tattoos are exclusively for my girl side and I enjoy showing them off when I'm "properly" dressed. I have to compromise a little bit to keep them hidden in drab - no shorts or tank tops - but those weren't ever my style anyway, and it's not much of a problem.

- Diane

I have two tatts; one on my upper left arm, and one that covers most of my upper back! Both were the result of a lot of thought and both have meaning.

There’s good ink and there’s bad ink, and while I might not like someone else’s tattoo, I’m never going to criticise their decision. I agree with wbdavid and find some of the comments here hypocritical, considering who we are and how we may present ourselves to the world.

Michelle

Some interesting replies.. for the record, I do not in any way shape or form regret my getting a tattoo. Mine is a memorial to my daughter.
    Maybe to clarify my original post, I’d like to head out with the weather being warmer here now but as I mentioned, my tattoo is on my right forearm, I don’t intend to cover it unless it’s cold. But could bring me undone being seen out.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I can wear the beauty of a flower on my body at all times, knowing so well that the beauty in my tattoo resonates through me!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I never knew how much I’d enjoy having a tattoo until I got my first one. Twelve tattoos later, I’m still loving them — and loving how they make me feel about my body.

I cannot help wondering when the fad is going to start to wear off. All it needs is for an influential person to remove their tattoos (say Angelina Jolie), and for others to start following suite, and then millions of folks are going to start doing the same. I mean, its a bit like fashion, except that its permanent, and not as easy to remove as to just wear a new fashion. Personally, I don't care for tattoos. And in addition, not everyone who may think their tattoos look cool actually looks cool. It kinda looks cool on certain people, but not on a whole lotta folks. Your body proportions, size and general appearance also play a big part.

Joanna,

Someone else's tattoo may look bad and not fit their overall look to some. However, that which has been stated many times here in this and other tattoo threads in the past, is that what I like is mine to like, regardless what you or others may like or dislike. You do realize that for most with tattoos others' opinions about them mean nothing? Please give us the peace of enjoying it as we did at the first and most still do today weeks or years after getting them. Yes, some regret it, but unless you can prove different I would say that most still and will continue to like their own tattoos.

As for being a fad, as someone said above, they have been around since early humans. Maybe some people will regret theirs because they were drunk or high from drugs or just being in that moment. However, those fad numbers are probably only a small part of the total. Be happy get a tattoo just for you!