Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it the Clothes or what you do while wearing them?

I kind of find a similar thing. Now I kind of have a routine, working from home means a skirt, once a week at work in skirt and heels, and once a month a girlz night out where I go full femme. So I find that when I have the house all to myself, where as I used to always dress more femme and now the urge isn't really there since I have so many outlets and a routine, so I typically just wear what I was wearing already.

It's the clothes and the other female accoutrements, nail polish, jewelry, etc..
    Most of what we do, is asexual behavior. Perhaps >90% of our daily routine gets done the same whether we are male or female. Wake up, turn off alarm, walk to bathroom, brush teeth, wash, dry, cook and then eat breakfast, walk to car, open car, drive car, etc..
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I'm closeted, but it's both the clothes and how I feel about myself while wearing them.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I'm a basic crossdresser: it's about the clothes I enjoy wearing. I don't "feel" like a woman or femme or however you describe it and whatever that means even when fully dressed and made up. Out fully dressed feels more like a performance (drag) for me and, yes, I do it and enjoy it. Out to the healthclub in women's leggings/tights is more like non-binary male dressing, with the emphasis on male.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-26-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: clarity

Silver Member
    Thanks and as I expected the responses are across a wide spectrum just like the variations in gender identity and expression are. It does seem like my experience is less frequent in respect that i have gone from needing full presentation as female to being equally or maybe even a bit more content with a mix, as long as I have the feminine expression opportunity.

I do it and enjoy it.

Neither? I don't really do the whole 'outdoors' thing. Mostly I stay at home. The big difference is that I've gotten to the point where I can take pictures without being freaked out by the results so there's that. In plain form I avoid cameras like the plague.

Edit: I'm trying to look as 'real' as possible for whatever that's worth all there's just a little prep time. About the only going out I'd be interested in is Halloween, but I'm taking our toddler trick or treating and doubt mama would approve

It's the clothes for me, I have underdressed for over 30 years, because panties are lighter and a lot more comfortable. I could never pass at my age for more then one reason so I will be a MIAD. I have gone out a few times fully dressed over the years was more of a fun thing then anything else. Only about 10 or 12 folks know of my CDing, around the house I find dresses, skirts, and blouses more comfortable. As the weather gets cooler I do like my leggings. Wife got me into fine lingerie and on the night I wear anything to sleep in it is fine lingerie. We each enjoy how we dress for many differant reasons, so go with what works for you.

Banned Read only
    I only dress when I have ample time to accomplish something. Years ago I had to 'grab crumbs of time' as I call it. I read of these limitations frequently on this forum. A quick twenty minute session while a wife is asleep and so on. I did that also many decades ago. Now, if I don't have a full day while my wife is a work, then I just don't bother. I only wear dresses. I call it the June Cleaver look. It's a pretty dress, bra, panty, slip, hosiery and heels with a wig. I forego the makeup as too time consuming. I do accomplish a lot when en femme. I do the washing and ironing, vacuuming, change bed linens, baking, meal preparation, doing the dishes. I do have the opportunity to relax and eat my breakfast and lunch. When warm I do drink my coffee and read in our backyard. I suppose some find being home en femme boring. However, if my wife is at work, then, whether en drab or en femme, it would not be right for me to just loll around and eat bon-bons. On the occasions I do go about town, it is in the evenings. It may be window shopping. Or returning books to the library. Getting one of those free newspapers. Or just strolling to enjoy the cool breeze caressing my legs and playing with the skirt of my dress and slip. Friday my wife will be working. I have plenty scheduled to do. My first activity will be to bake a nice banana bread and do the white laundry.

Very similar for me too, when I dress at home, I feel a need to do household chores much more than in male mode. Also I like to read my magazines while having a coffee, just an affect which happens for me. love my Kim time.

Kimber..x