Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it the Clothes or what you do while wearing them?

Silver Member

Is it the Clothes or what you do while wearing them?

Up until about a year ago I found that getting fully dressed with makeup and hair and then going and doing something feminine like getting my hair and or nails done, shopping for women's clothes or accessories was what I needed. When I couldn't do this just wearing them around the house didn't do much for me. Then I found barre exercise classes. I go there in male but wearing plain women's leggings and a tank top and this has totally met my needs. I haven't tried it in men's clothes, but going dressed as I do, and then being accepted and able to do these ballet like exercises in a room full of women just makes it all wonderful.
    Since finding barre I have had no desire to do the salon/shop/full presentation thing at all.

Just wondering your thoughts, be respectful.

Neither for me but, I’m more on the trans end of things so it’s just about being who I am and feeling like myself.

It's both for me, when out in public I like to look like a woman from head to toe, well as much as I can anyway, so women's activities, hair, nails, clothes shopping only seems natural to me. At home maybe toned down a bit but still total femme in case I need to go run errands and I can feel comfy as myself and in presentation as such. I guess I'm one who is in for a penny in for a pound. I know you posted this for those CDer's who are on the fence about what they do but I felt chatty.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Hi Sara,

It's probably both for me. I certainly love the clothes, accessories, makeup etc. but I also like going out and presenting to the world on the outside the same way I feel inside. I haven't been able to get out and about for a while so my opportunities to dress are restricted to home and that's less satisfying for me.

I love both. Love dressing up and going out dressed to the nines (actually I’ve only gone out twice), but also love going to a salon, in drab, to do facials, mani pedi and leg waxing. I guess I like showing more and more to the outside world who I really am.

I spent far too many years being all dressed up with no where to go. For the last fourteen years I only dress when I am going out. Going out may be going to dinner with friends, going to the movies, running simple errands like grocery shopping, or a million other simple things that are just more fun while presenting as a woman. I rarely dress unless it is for the entire day.
    Phoebe

Platinum Member
    For the past three years I have been relatively limited in my opportunities to do anything other than dress at home. While I do enjoy getting dressed and made up, my excursions have been limited to the immediate neighborhood. This is a far cry from several years ago, when I was out quite openly doing everyday stuff. I miss being able to just go out and feel like a ‘normal’ person.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its not about the clothes for me it shows the world who I am on the inside.
    100% girl mode I love the best and feel the most comfy in because I feel normal or my body and mind actually match if that makes sense.

Hi
    I find that the whole thing is what gives me satisfaction and pleasure
    I love thinking about, planning, and getting dressed
    I love going about my normal activities (paying bills, cooking, reading the paper) enfemme
    I love the few girl things I’ve done
    I love just underdressing, being in semi-girl mode, and full-girl mode
    I love reading this forum:-)

Fran

Sara,

Surely this is about a desire to present a public image of yourself? Many of us have felt the frustration of confinement within 4 walls. The barre classes are one more way of presenting your femme side in public. You're fulfilling the desire to be you. As it stands barre meets those needs. It's more intimate, you interact at a more personal level. Who knows how things may change. In time it may alter, even revert back or amalgamate the two. Time will tell.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sara, I get to do what u do! Get dressed, hang around with GG's, and get treated like one by them AND the public!

But, only around Halloween when my masks r completely accepted!
    Got to that at vanilla costume events last Fri. and Sat. nites with our GG friends!

Otherwise? My days of dressing at home for no reason except to "prance around" r WAY behind me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Foe me its just being dressed up as a girl that does it for me, i doesn't really matter what I do once I'm dressed up.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I have to fully dress, whether staying in or going out, anything less feels like half doing it. Why?, because it is just the way I am.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I’m much like Miki too, my clothes don’t define me I’m just who I am and wear whatever I want even if I’m not fully en fem
    Today at work in fact I’m wearing a women’s sweater and my ladies jeans jewlery makeup but no wig. I’m being myself
    and for me it works

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara , It is absolutely both for me.>>>>>>>>>Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I'm just as happy to be dressed at home. I have gone out and it felt good but not something I feel I need. I do go to a support group but that's only once a month. I'm kind of a homebody anyway so even as a male I'm not much of a social person.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Neither.

It's who I am while l'm wearing them.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

It is how you conduct yourself.
    With decorum and dignity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Getting dressed up and staying home does nothing for me, I'm out, so why stay in. Before I embraced my crossdressing, that was fine, I've moved on. I do like to listen to music and practice karaoke while playing dress up but I don't get all dolled up just to sit at home, like I said I've moved on from that. We are all different, so whatever works for you, go girl.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm in the bit of both camp,for long enough I was content to sit at home dressed,always fully with wig,forms,makeup,making the occasional trip out dressed with friends,changing in a hotel before heading out.

But recently my confidence has grown so much and with my wifes blessing I love leaving from my flat dressed and taking public transport into town it's a really liberating feeling

Sophie
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 10-25-2018 at 01:19 AM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I hear you Sara. I live my (non binary?) gender identity 24/7 so there is always a feminine/androgenous take on whatever I am wearing. This amounts to exclusively all womens clothes but not necessarily presenting as female, a bit like your barre classes. Most days this will be leggings with tunics or longline jumpers, dangly earings, headbands and longish hair, and that sort of thing. At home I have my favourate things for around the house, mostly denim skirts and jumper dresses, which are comfortable and give me a strong sense of woman. Most of the time this is enough but from time to time (anything from once a week to once every month) I suddenly have a 'need' for more and for the world to see me as a woman only and then I need the works, breast forms, makeup, usually a dress or skirt or sports skirt over leggings if in the outdoors. Most often this need would be fullfilled with a trip to an interesting town for shopping and lunch with my wife but more recently it has morphed into whatever we may have chosen to do on any other day such as hiking or cycling. However, for some reason I have to leave the house and mingle with the world, I need people to see the 'woman' in order to feel like one. I just can't be bothered with the extra detail if I am just hanging around the house, that's what onesies are for.

Sara,
    This is very interesting- I have a similar 'suddenly peaceful' feeling in a particular slinky women's top that looks somewhat like a slinky men's shirt to others, and lightweight pants or loose short shorts, bikini underwear, sandals. It just works [I'm in California! ] and has the benefit of not being complicated for others. But that personality is my daily work personality, and for me it is like an upwelling of need to be understood as sexy. That is when I crave the clothes that communicate that. I save the super VS look for home and am sorry i can't share it with my wife, but wearing a nice dress and heels out to the museum does the trick- as a dress is fundamentally a signal of feminine sexuality for me. I don't flirt or act provocatively- just the ordinary feminine sexuality is enough to deeply satisfy me.
    We are all beautiful...!

Sara, I love dressing to the nines. Although I underdress, when at work, when free to dress, I dress.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks, Dianef, you said it perfectly for me. I used to get totally dressed, makeup, forms, etc. thinking I probably won’t go out, so I don’t put my wig on. Nah...after a first look in a mirror, all I can see is...unfinished I hurry to put one of my favorite wigs on. The next time I walk by the mirror, I smile and sometimes go out. It’s “all or nothing at all”. Yes, I do dress underneath..go figure.

Banned Read only
    Sara,
    I go out and do everything as Teresa , it's part of my life now . I do my own nails and care for my own hair , dressing full time means updating my wardrobe with the changing seasons along with general shopping .

Sherry,
    I don't see it as prancing at home , those days are gone , I live alone and have a home to run , it now feels more natural to do it as Teresa , I do basic make up and my wig because that is how I wish to be seen, that also means if I have jobs to do in the garden or someone calls at my door .
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-25-2018 at 08:19 AM.