Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web tracking ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Should'nt this thread be in the technical help section?
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    I didn't know there was a technical help section.

But now that you mention it, I swear that there used to be one, but that was a long time ago
    Last edited by Robertacd; 10-26-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Yes it is the last one at the bottom of the home page.

Banned Read only
    I don't see a technical help forum

The bottom of the homepage is the Places to Go, Places to Meet and Upcoming Events forums.

I see nothing after that.

Platinum Member
    Rachel and Daisy, and, probably other who I have not read, are right. Browser history can be addressed. I think Judy is plagued with eBay, Amazon and others storing information on your viewing habits. I see it all the time, including today. There it is on eBay....a line of pictures of things I had viewed. Of course, my email in box also gets "thoughtful" reminders from eBay, Macy's, JC Penny and the list goes on. This xxx is ending soon. This xxx is still on sale. If you're using a shared account "your dead." My wife does not buy much on line when it comes to clothing. Thank the goddesses! If she were to go to our Macy's account she'd see a lot of panty purchases. Love Macy's sales! The only way to avoid confrontations with a totally non accepting wife is to have separate profiles on eBay. When it comes to actually buying things and wanting total privacy the only thing I can see is buying gift cards for eBay, Macy's, JC Penny, et al in amounts greater than the intended purpose. Then all one has to do is race to the mailbox before a wife or maintain a private mail box. Of course, you can have the garments from Macy's or JC Penny delivered to the local store.

Oh, the skills one has to develop to work around the land mines a non accepting wife will lay down!
    Last edited by Stephanie47; 10-27-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I solved all of the ad stuff by clicking on the little ad choice icon at the corner of the pop up ad and follow instructions as to what you wanted - do you want it to track your viewing interest or random stuff, it took a little experimenting but now only random ads appear and none of the stuff I have been looking at; also go on you tube - lots of pertinent information as to your settings...……………………...Debra

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Doesn't Chrome or Explorer have an incognito mode ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Robertacd its below that, the box headline is Help Forums and it is the second sub heading below it.

This is why I have 2 PCs 1 for my wife and 1 for me. But I'll go into her PC to clean out cookies for virus and malware. So her PC runs faster.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbi46 View Post
    Robertacd its below that, the box headline is Help Forums and it is the second sub heading below it.
    This is what I see...
    CDCapture.jpg

No Help forums what so ever...

Robertacd I don't know why you are seeing only that when I click the Forum button it brings up the list of sections and what I said appears below the last forum heading you have got between the banner listing who is on, how many visitors etc

Banned Read only
    Makes me wonder what other forums I am missing, and how many others are not seeing all the forums.

Yes I wonder too I have always had the help forums shown with all of the rest, maybe try coming right out and go back in again. Short of that PM the mods for help

One thing I don't see mentioned here is a "canvas" blocker. Most browsers have the ability to install one.

Info here: https://multilogin.com/how-canvas-fi...ily-trackable/
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

The one l hate is eBay watch list reminders.

Opening your inbox and seeing an email titled “Are 42D Realistc Silicone Breast Forms still of interest?” is pretty terrifying.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Web tracking. Google, eBay, Amazon, etc. makes me bum out!
    I looked on google and eBay in "private browsing mode" for Breast Forms and now they've been showing up a recently viewed items "Really sucks" no privacy! browsing!
    If my wife sees it all hell will break loose! GDB they suck!

Recently browsed on eBay, or are they showing up else where? I signed out of eBay and looked at some girlie stuff and it still shows up on my recently viewed items so, nope, you are not safe! A separate browser for you female side is the only way. Luckily my wife is somewhat accepting so if she sees some girlie stuff on my Amazon or eBay account so probably will not say anything. If she does she asks if it was for her or me, and I just tell her a little of both!

I was shopping online at Kohls the other day and picked out a few items. I set them in the "cart" and was going to pick them up at the store, but nope, I had to give them all my information for even store pickup so I skipped that idea. I thought I could give them a name and phone number and pay cash when I picked up the items, but they wanted ALL my info. I could see my wife getting mailings with my purchase history. She doesn't need to know everything I buy!
    Last edited by Pumped; 10-27-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Silver Member
    There are a couple of things you can do. switch over to the EPIC browser. or get a vpn subscription. The nice thing about EPIC it is free and easy to install. you don't get ads because they don't know who you are.

My wife knows about my dressing and all my clothes, but I use it when doing comparison shopping. Or going to sites I don't want their spam.

I'm in network security. I have not seen this mentioned yet.

If you have Adobe Flash installed on your computer, Adobe caches LSO's (local shared objects) on your computer when using their product. These "super cookies" are persistent and not stored in your browser. In Windows 10, control panel -> Flash Player -> There are a couple of options under storage and advanced tabs, to fine tune the cache or block.
    Search "adobe LSO cookies" for more information.
    Last edited by dana8656; 10-28-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Please go on youtube and look for ad blocking - see which applies to you - follow directions and on internet explorer click on the ad choices in the corner of the ads , again follow directions - really works...………………………….Debra

If you don't want certain things to show up on your "recently viewed" list, view some other stuff. Candy and cleaning supplies work.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda58 View Post
    This is why I have 2 PCs 1 for my wife and 1 for me. But I'll go into her PC to clean out cookies for virus and malware. So her PC runs faster.
    Me too! I have an old separate phone I use too.