Thread: The amazing letter "e"

The amazing letter "e"

The little letter "e" can change a single woman to many women. It can change one man to an army of men. It can change cloths so as to make clothes.
    One clothes are made they can be used to clothe a man, a woman, many women, many men or even children.

What an amazing letter, the little "e".
    Hugs, Carole

Gold Member
    I remember the letter "E"
    It came between "C" and "F" on my report card.
    It stood for Enough already.
    rader

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'm gonna pick on some people just a little bit.
    I've noticed that little 'e' missing sometimes when people are referring to clothes, and I assume it must be like the little 'u' that gets added to color and parlor in the UK version of the English language. Here in my time and place and especially growing up, 'cloths' were found in the cleaning supply closet and were old torn up t-shirts which were used as dust rags and as cloths for cleaning working parts which needed oiling.

But then again I've also noticed that my clothes 'fit' me (present and past tense) and yet when someone across the water speaks, they say "my new dress fitted me" (past tense only). They really should get with the new world me thinks...……*wink wink.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 10-26-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Ys indd, whr would w b without th lttr “e”.

Michll

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself, LOL)

It’s the letter”y” we need to be careful of, as it can change a lad to a lady!

Jen, I like that, very good!

Carole, I think e.e. cummings would agree with you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

"A" works well in changing names, John, Joanna for one.

Michael, Michaela. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Cassandra,all my dresses fitted me at one time,then the pounds started piling on

Oh wait!!! do you measure someones weight in pounds across the pond?

Sophie

ps.your definition of cloths is same as mine
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    I'm gonna pick on some people just a little bit.
    I've noticed that little 'e' missing sometimes when people are referring to clothes, and I assume it must be like the little 'u' that gets added to color and parlor in the UK version of the English language. Here in my time and place and especially growing up, 'cloths' were found in the cleaning supply closet and were old torn up t-shirts which were used as dust rags and as cloths for cleaning working parts which needed oiling.

But then again I've also noticed that my clothes 'fit' me (present and past tense) and yet when someone across the water speaks, they say "my new dress fitted me" (past tense only). They really should get with the new world me thinks...……*wink wink.

Cass
    That's funny. UK version of English? Don't know about that but I do know the English version of English and it is, of course, correct. Trouble is, regional deficiencies. Clothes we wear but cloths are things you clean with. Anything else is mispelt. But the past tense thing is a regional dialect error as well. Around here people talk in the past tense about things that have yet to happen. For example, yesterday my neighbour said " the lounge needs decorated". Now what he meant was either "the lounge needs to be decorated" or "the lounge needs decorating". He speaks like this because he is an idiot who can not shake off a lifetime of regional stupidity in the quest to not sound like an idiot. I explain this but it fails to have an impact.

Anothing thing amazing about the letter e is I keep reading about how E has literally changed the life of some M2F trangender people.
    Last edited by DaisyLawrence; 10-27-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Daisy,

I think your discussion of these regional differences is interesting. But you revealed another one. You said "Anything else is mispelt." Over here in the Wild West we say "misspelled." I guess as long as we know what is meant we are OK. But it is an interesting subject.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    That's funny. UK version of English? Don't know about that but I do know the English version of English and it is, of course, correct. Trouble is, regional deficiencies. Clothes we wear but cloths are things you clean with. Anything else is mispelt. But the past tense thing is a regional dialect error as well. Around here people talk in the past tense about things that have yet to happen.
    Thank you Daisy, that actually helps explain it all nicely.

Once, in another lifetime (many years ago anyways, but it seems like profoundly more), I had a very very dear friend I met on another TG-site (CDC we called it and it evolved into the 'TGlounge', which this person founded and still owns) and we sadly rarely speak anymore, but anyways (*wipes eyes) we had great fun teasing each other, or as I believe you folks put it 'winding me up?'.
    She was quite fond of telling me that the language we speak over here, is in fact, the idiots version of the ENGLISH language. That site, much like this one and many more, had quite a large population of Scots, Welsh, and English folk so I picked up some words along the way.

I don't know that 'prolly' for probably, is all that common over your way, but it has stuck with me, and that and, 'methinks' is something I use frequently and gets me some strange looks.

Oh, and your quite right that capitalized version of the letter E does play a prominent role in the life and times of trans-folk.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 10-27-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Silver Member
    It's always interesting to me how E often replaces A in one's mind: 'except' instead of accept.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    Daisy,

I think your discussion of these regional differences is interesting. But you revealed another one. You said "Anything else is mispelt." Over here in the Wild West we say "misspelled." I guess as long as we know what is meant we are OK. But it is an interesting subject.
    Ah yes Gretchen, well done. In 'English' English, misspelt and misspelled are both correct and mean the same thing (although misspelled is slowly taking over). However, did you notice that I (deliberately for a change, for comic effect) misspelled misspelt? Should have a double S you see. I thought it would be ironic to spell that wrong as I usually spell most other words wrong anyway.

Platinum Member
    Hi Carole , That little ( E ) is a Gender changer, JO to JOE. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!