Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I gotta admit i’m a little scared

I gotta admit i’m a little scared

That my cross dressing hobby will become a problem. I’m heterosexual but if I keep cross dressing will my sexual interest in women disappear? Will only cross dressing turn me on? And can it one day make me want to become a woman?

NO! It will not make you anything you are not now.
    How ever it becomes us we do not become gay, transgender or anything else. I dress in a skirt or a dress everyday and I am heterosexual still chase women. ( However at my age I am not sure what to do with them if I actually catch one)

Fran
    Last edited by Fran in skirts; 10-26-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling

I have been a crossdresser my whole life and I have not lost any interest in women nor have I discovered any desire to become one.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Think what you are saying first off and how crazy that sounds.
    If you are straight and like women how are clothes going to change that?
    Crossdressing won't cause you to all of a sudden be gay.
    You are confusing sexual preference with gender and those are two different things.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-26-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Gold Member
    Like Tracy, I also enjoy cross dressing, and I enjoy being with a woman.
    Now as far as chasing them, well a snail could out run this old person.
    Rader

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    It’s a problem for me. I can’t stop cross dressing. It would be better for my marriage if I did but it’s part of who I am. Even though it’s a hidden part that only my wife and the people here know about I can’t seem to ignore it. I love this part of me but I know it’s driving a wedge that may break my masticate of 22 years apart.

Crossdressing won’t MAKE you do anything. If you have those sorts of feelings, then that’s just you. Your insinuation that sexuality is changeable is actually rather offensive to the LGB community.

Crossdressing made me bi.

No it didn’t

Platinum Member
    Hi Tolerant , I have been this program for over 70yrs. now and it hasn't turned me off from women.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Well I have been a crossdresser since I was 10, I am in my 50's now and still heterosexual.

But as they say, your mileage may vary...

Banned Read only
    TolerantCD,
    Normally it doesn't affect your normal feelings . No one can say where your road will lead it's entirely up to you .

Platinum Member
    There is probably no reason for me to add my two cents worth, but what the heck. Wearing women’s clothes will not make you anything that aren’t already. If you are heterosexual, so you shall remain. If you’re a deeply repressed gay or bi person, then so you shall remain, regardless of the clothing you wear.

Those who who profess otherwise were without a doubt practicing denial...something human beings are remarkably talented at doing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

TolerantCD - Coming to grips with one inner feelings and beliefs can be scary - especially if they are topics that have been avoided or repressed for a long time. Unfortunately they are topics that are for you to decipher as no one else can decide for you. It is good that you are bringing up these thoughts and expressing them in a group forum as it is a first step in the personal discovery process. It might be prudent for you to meet with a therapist and have this discussion. It also might be helpful to have a discussion with your spouse if your goal is to preserve your marriage. I wish you all the best on your Journey. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

I’m heterosexual but if I keep cross dressing will my sexual interest in women disappear? Probably not. **
    Will only cross dressing turn me on? No.
    And can it one day make me want to become a woman? No, crossdressing won't cause you to want to become a woman.

**The lesser probability is that your upbringing and conditioning by the society around you may have caused you to suppress other feelings, maybe you are bi-sexual and maybe you are transsexual.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

Who knows ? Que sera, que sera..stop worrying...go with the flow. Cross each bridge as it comes. I, too am heterosexual and have never had a problem. Enjoy your dressing.

You are what you are. The dressing itself won't change that. If you are still concerned I suggest a qualified gender therapist to help you figure it out.

Hi
    Current thought, as I understand, is that one is innately gay/bi/trans-sexual from birth or before.
    That is, if you “turn” gay, you really always were but for various reasons didn’t realize/admit/act-on it.
    That said, Cross Dressing is an activity that can make us think about these issues and be introspective and be honest with ourselves more than we might otherwise have. That might, I imagine, increase the probability of asking, and eventually honestly answering questions like you asked.

I expect that this wasn’t as helpful as you’d hoped?

But nothing is certain, your mileage may vary, and this offer is void where prohibited by law ;-)

Fran

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TolerantCD View Post
    That my cross dressing hobby will become a problem. I’m heterosexual but if I keep cross dressing will my sexual interest in women disappear? Will only cross dressing turn me on? And can it one day make me want to become a woman?
    As much as it may oftentimes appear that CD'ers only love to have fun with all this "playing dress-up," an outsider looking in should realize that for many of us, it can be a serious internal struggle that we wrestle with -- perhaps for a short time, or for an extended time, or for multiple phases in our life -- or even for a lifetime. And on all sorts of levels, mind you. (And yes, some of us may sometimes try to hide that fact from others, and pretend to the outside world that everything is just hunky-dory, when it reality, sometimes it's not.)

The OP is just one example of that serious internal struggle. Yeah, it's definitely real.

And I'll reply, by saying that each & every one of us, while perhaps sharing some commonalities, are also unique & different. No one here is exactly alike -- and nor will their individual stories & journeys be, either.

Furthermore, what complicates this even *more*, is that one person may go thru various "stages" throughout their life, as well. Today might very well be different than how CD'ing played a role in their lives 5 years ago -- and the same goes for 5 years from now. Personally, I know for a fact that I fit that bill... As do many (but not necessarily all) of us here, as well. IOW, just because you do something or think/feel something in one way at some point, doesn't mean you'll *always* do/think/feel that same exact thing or way for the rest of your life. Sometimes things change -- or not.

So, there are no definite answers to the OP's questions. Only time will tell?

Though I do believe that deep down, ultimately one cannot truly deny their "core" self... That it will, at some point, revert to its default (whatever that may be). Perhaps in the meantime, they may wander down this path, or that path, etc., as they try to figure this all out & how it pertains uniquely to *them*. And even at the time, in the midst of it all, they'll be like, "Oh, okay... So *this* is who I am!" And they'll genuinely feel/believe that. They won't be "wrong," per se. But fast-forward a bit, and they may possibly end up like, "Ugh, what was I thinking/doing?? That wasn't really me back then!" And they won't be "wrong" again, either.

Anyway, it *can* all be very complicated, especially at times. And it also can get very real. We struggle, we wrestle, we hurt & feel, sometimes.

We're only human, after all.

A life long cross dresser here. I am still attracted to women. The more I dress though, the less of a turn on it is, it becomes more of a natural part of me though. Does it make me want to become a woman? The dressing does not, but I think it lets me know that there is a female side of me that I let the world see when I dress. I don't think I would do anything to transition, but if I was to wake up one morning as a female, I don't think I would have a problem with it either.

Personally, I think that the answers from Fran-K and elbee sum it up pretty well.

Michelle

As others have said, the act of wearing womens clothing will not make you gay or make you a woman, but the fact you asked this question shows that maybe there is some stuff buried deep down which maybe be starting to bubble to the surface.

When i started CDing, i told myself i would NEVER want to become a woman and here i am a year later starting HRT, so yeah...

I always laugh when I see people worried about “what if I don’t like X anymore?” Well then you won’t like it and won’t miss it. When I was a kid I loved Tang. Tried drinking it a few years ago and it was DISGUSTING (like seriously did they change the formula or something?). I no longer like Tang. Have I lost anything by not being interested in Tang anymore? No because I no longer like it! I can derive just as much pleasure if not more from other beverages.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Actually, Tolerant? CDing has been documented to effect some folk's sex life!

I'm one of them! AGP is a condition where CD's can become sexually addicted to their female character. The result is they may lose interest in female partners. Past, present, or future.

It happened to me, in fact. Since I began dressing 20 years ago, self sex has been involved in my dressing. Up until 10 years ago I was dating women. But, after a few unfortunate happenings, I gave that up. Along with other issues, the older women I was dating couldn't compete with Sherry in bed!

Many didn't even realize they were in a competition. But, I did!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post
    Personally, I think that the answers from Fran-K and elbee sum it up pretty well.

Michelle
    A lot of very good posts on the thread but I have to agree with Michelle.
    Crissy