I was having a discussion with my SO about my CDing/TS side last night, and she admitted something to me which I am having a hard time understanding. She says she is jealous of my fem side because I treat her (my fem self), in her words, as my “side-chick”, buying her gifts like clothing and makeup while apparently not showing her (my SO) the same level of attention. It’s like she thinks I have a split personality disorder, where I see my fem self as a completely seperate identity.

I explained to her that I am not my own “side-chick” and that I’m not buying “gifts” for my fem self and that I AM my fem self and that it is no different than her buying herself some new makeup or clothing. Also, she made it clear that she was not jealous of the simple fact I was buying things (if I bought men’s clothing there would be no issue), but the fact that I am buying things for my “side-chick”. She says she understands, but can’t help the jealousy she sometimes feels.

Anybody have an experience like this? How do I show my SO that there is nothing to be jealous of and to get this crazy idea out of her head that I am my own girlfriend?