Thread: Being a GG can be expensive... Do you empathize?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Being a GG can be expensive... Do you empathize?

Okay, obviously I'm not talking about *all* GG's. So let's get that out of the way, right off the bat.

But, yeah... If you start adding up the hair-care, the skin-care, the make-up, the clothes, the shoes, the nails, hair removal, accessories, etc., etc., then it can start getting a bit pricey! Even if they're a smart & frugal shopper, at that.

And these are just fairly basic presentation things... But they're also things that many (though not all) non-CD'ing guys don't spend as much money on, themselves.

Not only that, but it's also an *ongoing* thing, for basically their whole lives. And yes, obviously some GG's spend more on this stuff than others, and perhaps more during certain times of their lives.

IOW, it ain't cheap being a GG!

I believe many of us here already know that by now (as well as our wives & GF's, when they look at *our* spending habits ). Though I believe our "condition" helps us to realize/understand/empathize with this a lot more than your average non-CD'ing guy. However, not only this basic fact (which I'm sure some boyfriends/husbands are already painfully aware ) -- but how & *why* it can be so easy & even necessary to spend soooo much money on such things... And therein lies the difference, with us.

Make sense? Good!

But do we put our money where our mouths are?

Okay, so here's the little story...

Earlier this evening I had to run some errands. And as my last stop, I treated myself to some weekly take-out from Chipotle (it's basically a fast-casual chain restaurant... Good eatin' if you like that kinda stuff).

Lo & behold, there's a looong line that's moving verrrrry slowly. Why? Because ain't nobody working there tonight! I blame it being a Friday night, the World Series on TV, as well as a big night for Halloween parties. By my estimate, they were *at least* 50% understaffed, which is crazy! Obviously a bunch of scheduled employees called out -- and they couldn't get anyone to replace them.

Only three younger GG's working there, looked to be about college-aged (18-22)... All busting their humps. I'd be lying if I said they weren't kinda cute -- and *still* had the time & patience to be friendly & courteous, even during such a rough situation. And hey, I suppose *they* could have called out, too... And had a fun & relaxing night, as well, right?

And since it was taking so long for me to finally order (as is me finishing this story, LOL), I was able to look more closely at these hard-working young women. One I noticed her long polished nails & pretty make-up... Another her gorgeously-dyed pink hair... Another her amazing skin. Etc., etc... You get the picture.

And yeah, this stuff costs them money, remember! Which they probably ain't exactly making a lot of, by working there, ya know?

Anyway, once they prepared my meal, and the cashier was ringing me up, I began chatting with her about the situation... How their co-workers called out, about some customers who got angry this evening because of all this, and how I was glad that at least these 3 young ladies showed up for work. "Yeah, I need the money," she admitted. "So it's all good."

She then offered me a free soda for my non-existent "troubles"!

Again, these 3 GG's did an amazing job, IMO, given the circumstances.

Sadly, I quickly look at the tip jar by the cash register: Only about five ones, and some loose change -- to split between them. Yikes! Yeah, I had to do at least *something*, given all this.

Since I paid with a credit card, the only way to tip them was thru cash. Look in my wallet, and the smallest bill was a $20.

I let the cashier again know how much I appreciated them coming in & busting their butts, and that I'd tip them well.

Then I threw the twenty in there.

My order was only like $9.

No, it's not gonna change their lives, LOL. But I wanted to reward them for their outstanding work ethic. Hopefully that made their night a bit brighter, anyway.

And hey, every little bit helps... It ain't cheap being a GG, after all!

Yeah, I definitely need to do this more often.
    Last edited by ellbee; 10-26-2018 at 11:12 PM.

I remember when I got my second job. I was still in high school. My first job had been as a dishwasher, and later a busboy, at a restaurant. I got to know several of the waitresses pretty well, and I knew how much they needed their tips. And yet, they sometimes shared their tips with me, as thanks for my promptly cleaning the tables in their sections, so new paying customers could be seated. My next job was in a machine shop, making union wages. A lot more pay than my old job. I made a point of going back several times as a customer, making a small order with one of those waitresses serving me, and then left tips that were larger than my whole order. Always left before they saw how much I left for them, because I wasn’t doing it to impress them or to get them to like me. I just hoped it made up for some of the people who left no tips at all.

Maybe the three girls will remember you next time, yes it can get expensive especially if you want to look your nicest when going out at night.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Waiting tables can be a really crappy job. Most of what could go wrong is not their fault. So it's definitely good to be kind and tip well, especially in regions where they can be paid sub-minwage because of the tips. My wife once had a job as a waitress (yes, it was that long ago) and makes sure to check that I leave a tip wherever we go.

I always tip at least 20% and have occasionally have tipped more than the bill's total, which has resulted in some interesting exchanges with a credit card company, which flagged a large tip as a potential fraud activity. In the company's defense I rarely use that card for meal purchases so their algorithm's flagged it as an anomaly.

The pink tax is real, womens everything is more expensive than for guys.

It definitely is. The spas and massages. Hair removal. Teeth whitened and straighten. It adds up fast. But as a guy that's what we got into.. And maintaining is what we're good at.

Elbee,

Expensive! To right, I'm just glad I don't have to run the car on perfume or eyeliner.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Ask me again when I'm at the local bar on ladies night. Or any night, for that matter. See who's buying the drinks. Same with dating. Having a car is expensive. A woman doesn't necessarily have to. A man usually does; you're not going to charm a lot of women by taking them on a bus forever. Sure, you will occasionally see poor men that do okay, but generally, women want guys who can pay their way. Women rarely date 'down', and by that I mean, financially; because they don't have to. The whole social circus that goes on is basically a concerted effort on the part of women, to lock a man into supporting her financially for the rest of her life. Marriage is a financial contract. Nothing more. There's certainly no guarantee of eternal love, nor sex. The only thing that gets distributed in a divorce is assets and future income; you don't EVER hear of men getting routine sexual rights in settlements.

Yes, lots of little woman specific things cost more. But they go to extremes, paying way more than they have to for a lot of it, because when it comes right down to it, guys don't care if she's using make up from the drug store or the salon which charges 10 x the price. Same with clothes. A hot woman is still hot in a Walmart dress. But, it all comes down to the same thing, and
    Chris explains it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dGhsRsHXP8
    Dating? about 99% of the time, men pay, women don't. Same as divorce. So it all evens out.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-28-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisopwith View Post
    The pink tax is real...
    I like that term!

Speaking of which, recently I've imposed a "CD tax" on myself.

I very rarely dine out, but maybe a couple times a week I'll get some take-out from a decent place. Just this evening, I was in my typical hoodie-&-leggings look, in guy-mode, and hit up a local mom-&-pop pizza joint for a tasty sandwich on-the-go. GG at the counter? Yep, gave her a small tip. Not necessary for just take-out, but I'm definitely not the only one who does that.

My only criteria is that I have to be visibly wearing women's stuff at the time, and the cashier has to be a GG... Shouldn't be too difficult!

Anyway, Lexi...

I understand all that. That's not what this thread was intended to be about. I realize that it's quite easy for men to get screwed over (by women) in today's society, in all kinds of ways imaginable, that the deck can be stacked against us systemically. And I'm not a feminist in any way... Why? Because it appears those who are, want for women all the *good* things of being a man -- but yet none of the *bad* things. Believe me, there are plenty enough of those.

Bottom line: Can't have your cake & eat it, too. More than welcome to have *true* equality... But also be careful what you wish for.

Hey, it's both awesome *and* tough in being a man *or* a woman! Welcome to life.

But, yeah... GG's certainly have some expenses that men don't typically have (and vice-versa ).

I'm happy to help support that, financially, in what little ways I can. Nothing wrong with having a prettier world!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    All I can say is I'd have a fair bit more money in the bank if I wasn't a 'cross dresser'.......
    Here today, gone tomorrow....