Thread: My HRT journal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My HRT journal

I am creating this online journal to document my HRT journey, so that others members who may be considering or starting HRT themselves, can get an idea of what may be in store and so I can look back on my own journey when the time comes. Now of course every bodies journey will be different, but I think this could be helpful/insightful none-the-less.

This is going to be a continually updated post where I will describe any mental or physical changes, along with any other feelings or concerns I may have or had. I will be happy to answer any general questions which you may have, but will not get into detailed discussion or arguments because that is not the point of what I’m trying to achieve. I also am very aware of the negative effects which HRT can induce so please, do not try to doctor me on any effects of HRT or that I’m going too fast, have I thought it through bla bla bla, because I don’t care and I don’t want to hear it. I’ve heard enough of that already...

I will be updating this whenever I see fit, but I will TRY too update at least once a month. So without further ado, let’s get started.

HRT start date: 17/10/2018, 1 day before my 29th birthday.
    Medication: Estrogen and T-blocker - low dose (Can’t go into more detail I’m sorry.)

Entry 1. 28/10/2018

Time on HRT: 1 week 5 days

Physical changes: Barely anything, if anything at all as expected. Sometimes I think my legs and butt look more feminine but it could just be the choice of clothes. The skin on my face and the hair on my head seems smoother/softer too, but that might be unrelated. No noticeable breast development yet though sometimes my “boobs” tingle.

Mental changes: I have notice several mental/emotional changes in the short time I’ve been on HRT, but these could possibly be placebo effects. I also found that simply the act of starting HRT itself had a huge impact on me, which I suppose was due to the fact that I had now accepted myself as trans and had actually started to do something about it.

Good changes.

I have lost interest in playing online games for some reason. I literally played 5hrs+ a day but since I started HRT, haven’t touched them once.
    I haven’t seemed to road-rage as hard as I usually do.
    It made me pierce my ears and start laser hair removal which I never really thought much about before.
    I don’t think I would care if I was outed now, where I used to be very scared of the idea.
    I have lost MOST of the sexual aspect of dressing up and now find myself wearing “normal” GG clothes, not the ****ty/sexy stuff I used to wear.
    I quit my job as it was too laboursome and am looking for something which would better suit a lady :P
    Starting HRT also inspired me to lose weight and I have already lost a good amount.

Bad changes.

I had crazy anxiety the first few days coming to grips with the fact I had started HRT but that has now disappeared.
    I feel really weird wearing guy clothes now, even though I present as a guy. I certainly don’t feel like a “man” anymore and feel very out of place around other men which was never an issue before. The problem for me at the moment is that because I am still presenting as male, I feel out of place around women too, kind of like I’m stuck half way. I’m sure this will get better as the hormones take effect and I start presenting as a woman more frequently, so I just have to deal with it for now.
    I’m having a bit of a hard time when I’m around my friends which I’ve known since school because I know one day soon, I am going to have to tell them what’s going on and even though I’m sure they will be supportive, it’s hard to act natural with it constantly on my mind.
    I cry a little more easily too, but I have always been very emotional so it’s not a big deal.

Anyway that’s all I can think of for now. Will update when I can.

Love, Kas.
    Last edited by Kas; 10-28-2018 at 07:21 AM.