Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question about Halloween

I've worn a dress at the same Halloween party I've gone to for about 7 years now... ranging from a southern belle to one of my crossplays. Nobody questions it, but then again everybody is used to it and/or expects me to wear something every year!

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    In MY opinion, no one will suspect you are a crossdresser unless you Dress as a woman EVERY HALLOWEEN (or costume event). [SNIP] In between then I have been "Mark Twain" . . .

Reports of the demise of my masculinity . . . . .

*ahem!* . . . have been greatly accurate .

- Lydianne.

Banned Read only
    Eemz,
    I should have mentioned that one year my social group wanted members to dress for Halloween , I didn't fancy doing all that stuff and then drive the thirty miles looking like a witch . Any way Carole mentioned it was also close to Trafalgar Day so the thought clicked with me to do something with Union Jacks ,so I bought a Spice Girl Union Jack dress , with a hat , I made a choker and bracelet and found a Next sequined Union Jack handbag in a charity shop , it was a lot of fun . Now to your comment about the English and dressing up well you should see my St Patrick's Day outfit !

Last edited by Teresa; 01-12-2019 at 11:57 AM.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Attend any large Darts tournament,or watch mad Englishmen at cricket matches and the venues are rife with guys in drag,...and women too for that matter

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte7 View Post
    My interest here is . . . if you are dressed as a woman at Halloween, then are you in fact saying that you like to wear ladies clothes . . . if that is the case, then I'd have to say that this hidden self outing seems to be a wonderful opportunity . . . stateside . . .
    First, I live stateside and have crossdressed every Halloween for the last fifteen years and intermittently for the fifteen years before that.

Second, I generally agree with Sherry that: Dressing as a woman (and doing it well) signals that you are a crossdresser. Dressing in a women's costume (and doing it well) may or may not signal you are a crossdresser, though on Halloween most will give you the benefit of the doubt.

But, as Marina suggests that if you do it every year (as I do); and you go to the same event each year (as I do) and you see many of the same people each year (as I do) then you are certainly signaling that you are more than a guy in a dress on a lark.

Third, I assume that "hidden self outing" means you are subtly outing yourself without actually declaring it. That would be a "wonderful opportunity" or a nightmare, depending on your personal motives and goals.

Lastly, I am speaking as a crossdresser and only a crossdresser. If I were transition minded I would never use Halloween to signal this kind of serious change.

Banned Read only
    I know you fully realize that your Q was asked at a place where PARANOIA rules/runs rampant. So many here can read minds. They KNOW what their friends and relatives will THINK and also will say! So of course, they also KNOW what every last member of JD Public will THINK.

That's not the Reality of the RW. It is nothing more than wild SPECULATION.

But it IS the baseless speculation of the vast majority here.

Which still doesn't make it true.

It does make it a convenient excuse though.

I have "dressed" AND gone out to parties probably 6 or 8 times for Haloween.

WON best costume in 3 of the 5 contests I entered.

The reaction of the ladies was overwhelmingly positive.

The end.

I've never had the ability or nerve to dress at Halloween. That said i want to buck that trend if I settle down in the right area.

I don't do Halloween, as it isn't as big a "thing" in the UK although it is moving that way. I have done NYE for about 15 years, and generally dress as a woman in a a goth style rather than in a costume. Have I been asked if I cross-dress during the rest of the year? Yes.

I said "no" but didn't say that is because my wife would not like it if I did. I do wear women's clothing - jeans, underwear, tights, nightwear, etc., most days. Frankly, I don't/wouldn't care if anyone thought I did crossdress more frequently. In fact, a friend did my makeup for last NYE and if she didn't suss it out, I'd be surprised, if only for the amount of makeup I had for her to use.

Personally, if I meet someone else crossdressing on Halloween, I ask them their bra size. If they know, I assume they are crossdressers.

We went to a big Halloween party in Boston and there were so many French Maids the MC joked they should have their own category for costume awards. And I overheard a couple of them talking about how many girls were hitting on them. So there's potential!