Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting a CD-friendly woman

Meeting a CD-friendly woman

This is to encourage those of you who believe it’s impossible to meet a woman who enjoys, or at least tolerates, your cross-dressing. It’s not.
    As I’ve mentioned here, my wife and I separated back in May (not because of my CDing). I’ve begun to test the waters of online dating, and I met a woman recently on OK Cupid – I’ll call her “Laurie.” Her profile was interesting and her photos attractive. Also, she listed her sexual preference as “Bisexual,” and in the “What I’m looking for” section she listed some of the usual qualities and then said “and, above all, open-mindedness.”
    Okay, I thought, let’s see how open-minded she is.
    We had drinks at a local bar (she actually lives about an hour from me). I didn’t want to wear a skirt or dress, but I wasn’t going to hide my gender fluidity, either. I wore jeans and a unisex pullover. My hair (which is in a bob just off my shoulders) was back in a headband and I had light makeup on. Also, my nails were done a cinnamon color (I considered taking it off but I thought “Ahh screw it”). Before we met I spent a fair amount of time thinking about how to bring up my crossdressing. As it turned out I didn’t have to.
    We sat down and started talking easily. After several minutes I complemented her on her nails. (They were done a sparkly purple, a color I would never wear, but there you are.)
    “Yours look nice too," said Laurie. "Do you always wear polish?”
    “A lot of the time.”
    “Do you crossdress?”
    I laughed. I’d been trying to figure out how to tell her, and she clocked me in under 10 minutes.
    “Yes I do.”
    “Fabulous!”
    I will pass over the details, but it turns out she is into, uhh, alternative lifestyles and she has no problem dating a crossdresser. I ended up showing her some photos of me en femme on my phone.
    “Would you date this person?” I asked as she looked at them.
    “Absolutely!”
    We are going to the theater in 2 weeks and I’ll be wearing my black j.jill pencil skirt, a lovely rose-purple widenecked top, and black hose. (I’m looking for a pair of low-heeled pumps.) I’ve scheduled an appointment with my wonderful hairdresser to do my hair and makeup that afternoon. And, naturally, my nails will be done.
    I don’t think this is going to turn into some great romance – her personal life is way more complicated than mine – but she’s someone I definitely look forward to hanging out with. As girlfriends.
    Don't give up. Open-minded women are out there. And upfront open honesty is always best.

The world is full of many different people, and many of us (maybe all) don't fit into nice standardized categories.
    I'm glad to hear that you may have found someone that may complement you and all that you are.
    Good luck.

Lessee: You wear your hair in a bob, it's in a hair band, you've got make up on, and you're wearing nail polish. You're surprised that she 'clocked you' that way? For some reason, you didn't think she'd notice any of that? Right.
    I'm happy for you.

It's not impossible to win the lottery, though, either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I was unbelievably Lucky at first, unbelievably STUPID at last.

About 10yrs. ago I went to a Strip Club in Harvey Il., I was wearing a pretty pink bustier, trimmed in lace along with lace panties with sheer nylon stockings under my loose fitting boy clothes.

I agree, they are out there but as scarce as hens teeth, cultivate the friendship slowly and it should work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    There are woman out there that do like CD's, not a lot but they're there. I dated a woman I met through a friend and she was "into" CD's but we had no chemistry. I don't know what was worse the dinner she cooked or the sex😲

Tracy, Good for you, we all need some fun. Good luck in two weeks! Crissy

The avvy pic isn't me
    I once spent time on Cupid, and others, and placed several little hints in the profile. There was an occasional question from some I messaged with, but I didn't get lucky enough to find one willing to meet.
    I was honest when asked and while none were ever rude about it, there was never any further contact. But yes, I always thought there was that possibility.

I've also met some women in everyday life who, when learning all about me are honest enough to say that because they are bi-sexual they've wondered about TG/CD's, but have never met one. And no, I wasn't apparently included in that possibility.

So anyways congrats, hope it goes well, whether or not you and her date or just become friends, it's cool nonetheless.

Cass

It is interesting that when I go out to the more upscale social events in a well styled outfit that fits nicely, at least five attractive women come up to me with flattering comments like, "you look fantastic" or "you are beautiful". We often have a nice conversation and it is a joyful encounter, and although the suggestion is often made that we see one another again, I would be more joyful if men did the same thing. At first I thought that the attention was due to the possibility that I was really passing well. On reflection, I now believe that I did indeed look very good, but that in each case I was being read and these women were simply expressing their acceptance of me as a cross dresser. I do not believe that women come up to women they have never met before and compliment their attractiveness.

In any case this type of high end public social seems to be a good way to meet attractive women.

Tracy, you lucked out. My wife is encouraging, but it could have gone either way.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

you are a lucky one!!!
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Congrats ... I think ?!? I thought you were married ? Your wife is OK with you dating other women ? Just asking.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Kelly She said they were separated.

my bad ...
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Well, you're both very lucky and very young, Tracy. I hope this thing with her works out f or u both.

But, if it doesn't? I haven't heard of anyone winning the big lotto jackpot twice!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TracyT View Post
    I don’t think this is going to turn into some great romance – her personal life is way more complicated than mine – but she’s someone I definitely look forward to hanging out with. As girlfriends. Don't give up. Open-minded women are out there. And upfront open honesty is always best.
    That's awesome to read. I wish I could find someone like that! Of course, I have to get the nerve up to leave my house.

I also found a CD friendly woman that lasted 5 yrs. She would buy me thingsand give me some of hers things she didn't want. But when she got mad at me. She would as yell that the top of her voice that I was a C/D. And if I left the house she would cut up my cloths.

So be careful starting out.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Glenda;

OMG ! she said "she would cut up your clothes " ???? That is way tooooo personal. It really doesn't matter if you are a crossdresser, when your spouse cuts up or threatens to cut you clothes it's time to move out and get a restraining order.

Has anyone had that happen ? It would freak me out.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Oh my! No! I would have nightmares every night! I would be afraid to go to sleep! Thank the Lord I am divorced, and now live alone! I could not stand that! Besides, I am too nice, and sweet! That would so frighten me!
    Roxanne
    "My Heart Belongs To All!"
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Aspiring Member
    If you go out dressed as a woman and be nice to people you meet you will meet nice women. I have met so many lovely women I would never have met any other way. OK I am not in a relationships with any of the but it could so easily have gone that way.

Lucky you!

I have much more success meeting and conversing with women while out dressed than I ever have had in boy mode.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    A long time ago my local newspaper used to have a 'lonely hearts' type column; it would be male seeks female, males seeks male. female seeks female. Regularly an ad would appear along the lines of 'crossdressing guy, straight (they always put straight) seeks understanding female for friendship, maybe more'. I often wondered how many of such ads were actually successful.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

TracyT: best of luck. I always love to hear confirmation that I'm not the only female who feels positive toward men in skirts.
    It is hard to find the right chemistry for romance, though.

DIANEF: I saw an ad like you describe in a newspaper once. I would have answered, except I was only 16 at the time. Now that I'm old enough (maybe even approaching too old now), there's no such newspaper. Thank goodness for the Internet!

Platinum Member
    I’m weighing in on the side of those who suggest going out and meeting people while dressed en femme. It has been my experience...now some years passed, that I was approached a number of times by women...I was married at the time, but found the experience surprising and encouraging. Given my changed life circumstances I’d welcome the opportunity to do it again.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt