Thread: Kid bullied for wearing red nail polish

Kid bullied for wearing red nail polish

There is a great story in the Boston Globe and other outlets about Rob Gronkowski, tight end for the New England Patriots coming to the defense of a kindergartner who was bullied for wearing red nail polish. Gronk's video tells the kid to be himself. The Patriot's Twitter feed complimented him on his choice of colors. A great story on acceptance.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Great story on acceptance, but I wonder whether the bully would have just used some excuse other than nail polish if the kid wasn't wearing it. Seems with bullies that it doesn't really matter what the offense is.

Hopefully the bully isn't scheming on revenge for the kid with the polish.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I had reposted this story on my social media after a friend posted it. She recalled when her young son had come home from school. That day he had learned that there were colors that boys aren't supposed to like. Thankfully, his mom and dad have it all together!

As much as I admire Gronkowski and Tom Brady, I try to not like the Patriots. But in view of this story, I might have to start cheering for them.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Acceptance ?
    Is the kid trans?
    Kids do funny things to be different so I guess the kid is brave now?
    I see young boys with painted fingernails fairly often some even look like they are in high school and play sports so not feminine looking kids.

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Acceptance ?
    Is the kid trans?
    According to the story, he was just trying to show some team spirit (red is a team color for the Patriots). I think I am more baffled by the fact the kid was bullied in kindergarten. Not the second, third, or fourth grade, but kindergarten! ....bullies in kindergarten? What has this world come to?

I remember back in the 70's, Junior and Senior High schools had a cross dress day. I think it was called something else back then, but I can't remember what. You get the idea for the event, each student was to dress in the opposite gender for that day at school. There were a few boys that tried extending that event through the rest of the week, and then the rest of the month. They kept showing up in class with ribbons in their hair and dresses. Until finally the faculty sent them back home to change. Can't recall anyone ever getting bullied over it. Before you ask, no, I did not participate. I would have loved to, but would not have been as brave as these other boys.

Are we reading too much into this, I would say it is an exercise in supporting his team, probably little to do with any cross purposes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I suggest it has nothing to do with crossdressing it is just a kid supporting his team.

I agree, no bullying at any time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Eliana (#6), I've mentioned many times on this forum that my wife is an elementary school teacher. She is semi-retired and now works as a substitute teacher. So, she gets around a lot to many different classes. She comes home with the most horrendous stories of bullying. Also, many kids seem to have had the adults in their lives infect their minds with sexual bigotry. Can you imagine a kindergarten boy would call another a "fag?" My wife asked the kid if he knew what the word meant? Nope, he just heard it around his home from his parents. All he knew it was a word to be used when you're upset at someone. In our current climate of discourse and hatred expect more of it. New "trickle down" theory in the making.

PS: Eliana, welcome to the forum and I love that avatar.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Team spirit is a good reason IMO.

Even if it was team spirit, the kid was bullied for being perceived as trans. That someone of high profile came to his defense is a good thing in my humble opinion.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Doesn't sound like acceptance to me. Unless you have a round about sorta way on what acceptance is.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I am not a patriots fan, but I am very glad Gronk came to his rescue. Bully-ing cannot be tolerated. No child should have to go through that, and have that experience.
    Stephanie