Thread: Hey Siri.........OOPS!

Hey Siri.........OOPS!

I am in the process of transitioning, on month 10 of HRT, and gradually coming out to selected friends and relatives. Recently, I came out to my brother and that went very well. I asked him if he thought I should come out to my 85 year old mother. He recommended that I don't; why risk upsetting her. OK, for now, but it will happen sooner than later.

Last week, I called my mom and asked her to meet my wife and me for dinner. She said she would call me back with a date. When she did, I was up to m elbows in some recipe I was cooking, so I decided to give my Apple HomePod a try. I said,"Hey Siri, answer my phone". to my surprise it worked and we decided that Wednesday, Halloween Day, would work. We said goodbye just as my wife walked into the kitchen. Standing next to the HomePod, I asked her,"Perhaps that would be a good time for mom to meet Joyce?" She started laughing and I joined in. Suddenly, my mother's voice came out of the HomePod saying,"Honey.....Honey, I think you need to hang up your phone." She explained that after we talked she had just set her phone down on the table and heard our laughter. I thought she hung up and Siri would hang up!

I'm not sure what she heard and ,frankly, I don't care. Note to self: Don't trust Siri!

Never did trust that b***h.☺

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Well, yesterday was Halloween. Did the subject of Mom meeting Joyce come up during your meal?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sarah,
    We had lunch on Thursday. Her 92 year old husband has early stage dementia. He presented me with a big brown envelop and said that it proved how smart I was. (He repeated that statement a bunch of times.) Inside the envelope was a copy of a very nice magazine geared towards the LGBT community. The back cover and an interior page was a nice write up about my doctor (HRT & General). A bit latter, he asked me about my 2 carat yellow "diamond" engagement ring, blue sapphire/diamond ring and emerald ear studs. I told him the ring matches my wife's real engagement ring and I stole the sapphire ring from her. I asked him if he liked the ear studs and he just grinned.

All my "guy" clothes are women's shorts and tee shirts. Someday, she will figure it out.....or I'll just surprise her!