I am in the process of transitioning, on month 10 of HRT, and gradually coming out to selected friends and relatives. Recently, I came out to my brother and that went very well. I asked him if he thought I should come out to my 85 year old mother. He recommended that I don't; why risk upsetting her. OK, for now, but it will happen sooner than later.

Last week, I called my mom and asked her to meet my wife and me for dinner. She said she would call me back with a date. When she did, I was up to m elbows in some recipe I was cooking, so I decided to give my Apple HomePod a try. I said,"Hey Siri, answer my phone". to my surprise it worked and we decided that Wednesday, Halloween Day, would work. We said goodbye just as my wife walked into the kitchen. Standing next to the HomePod, I asked her,"Perhaps that would be a good time for mom to meet Joyce?" She started laughing and I joined in. Suddenly, my mother's voice came out of the HomePod saying,"Honey.....Honey, I think you need to hang up your phone." She explained that after we talked she had just set her phone down on the table and heard our laughter. I thought she hung up and Siri would hang up!

I'm not sure what she heard and ,frankly, I don't care. Note to self: Don't trust Siri!