Thread: Hey Siri.........OOPS!

Hey Siri.........OOPS!

I just posted this on the Transsexual forum and thought everyone may enjoy the tale.

I am in the process of transitioning, on month 10 of HRT, and gradually coming out to selected friends and relatives. Recently, I came out to my brother and that went very well. I asked him if he thought I should come out to my 85 year old mother. He recommended that I don't; why risk upsetting her. OK, for now, but it will happen sooner than later.

Last week, I called my mom and asked her to meet my wife and me for dinner. She said she would call me back with a date. When she did, I was up to m elbows in some recipe I was cooking, so I decided to give my Apple HomePod a try. I said,"Hey Siri, answer my phone". to my surprise it worked and we decided that Wednesday, Halloween Day, would work. We said goodbye just as my wife walked into the kitchen. Standing next to the HomePod, I asked her,"Perhaps that would be a good time for mom to meet Joyce?" She started laughing and I joined in. Suddenly, my mother's voice came out of the HomePod saying,"Honey.....Honey, I think you need to hang up your phone." She explained that after we talked she had just set her phone down on the table and heard our laughter. I thought she hung up and Siri would hang up!

I'm not sure what she heard and ,frankly, I don't care. Note to self: Don't trust Siri!

Don’t trust Alexa either, or that cloud that wants to share so much with everyone.

Over the summer I learned Siri has sense of humor...

There are web sites dedicated to questions you can ask your iphone. And then get fun answers!

Modern technology has to be taken into account these days, a lot more caution is needed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't trust any device that I have to talk to. AI will take over soon which may be an improvement.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

That's what 1984 Big Gov't will do....

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm safe from such errors. Siri doesn't understand a broad Scottish accent

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

As an eminent computer scientist I know has often said
    Some things are too important to be left to computers

Sounds like no harm, no foul & I hope your mom gets along with Joyce!
    Fran

I have thought I had hung up my phone and it's still comnnected. My case for my I phone is so old the rubber around an supposedly indestructible, water proof case has all worn off and thus has made the on and off button hard to press. Luckily nothing has been said that yet that matters but I'm more careful now. I need to buy a new case for it I suppose before I do mess up.

We need to be careful with ALL communications devices - and not just because we may out ourselves...but glad you didn't need to explain anything to your mom before you were ready.

Joyce’s situation could have happened on any phone regardless of AI capabilities.

Was at a friends house for a party. He had just got an extremely clingy girl friend out of his apartment after a long break up. She did not want the relationship to end and did not want to move out. Safely gone, we all ribbed him about the perils of dating a women in her mid 20s. At some point one friend said, Alexa text Sally, I love you and want you back. She texted back she knew he would change his mind. My friend was pissed, the rest of us had a good laugh.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I doub't I will ever invest in something like that.

Also have to be careful with your iphone in your pocket. One wrong bump and any app might open or Siri may call anyone!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

There was a story not too long ago about alexia sending out a recording of a conversation it over heard to someone on someone's contact list. Luckily the conversation was about flooring and nothing major but it's reason enough not to buy any of these things. we are giving away too much of our privacy and it WILL come back to bite us in the butt some day.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I recently stayed with someone who owns an Alexa device. The most common use was as a timer while cooking; "Alexa, three minutes". Very little else. Seems like a waste of money to me.