Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is cross dressing really just sexual gratification?

Back in my oh so distant youth, when everything in life was sexual in some way or another, my dressing certainly had its sexual aspects. Those days are long past and dressing has not been sexual for me in decades.

Panties4me
    I myself call me a "crossdresser ". Having stated that, underdressing is my thing, and has been as far back as my memory takes me. Sure it was sexual, even as a 4 year old, many experiences of "dry comming" before pubity hit. Now 60 years later, I don't always masterbate when dressed, which is just as well because I'm underdressed 24/7, but every time I masterbate, I'm dressed.

I really appreciate everyone’s responses. Thanks. The Podcast is called “The Transgender Scientist” I was listening to an episode dated July 26 2018. the podcaster gives her name as Dana Bevan. She seems legit to me and was endeavoring to avoid offending anyone.
    I learned in school that transvestism equates to the common term “cross dressing”, but can see how transvestism connotes an element of sexuality. I’m thinking of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    The threads got off track discussing the funding of science. This is an important question but belongs elsewhere.
    It really means a lot to me that other people out there are like me and can share this part of my life.
    So, thanks again.

Right on Sherry. and there is nothing wrong with sexual gratification It is also FUN and all that goes with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I don't debate labels, I dress in womens cloths, a crossdresser, for sexual gratification from an early age until now. I enjoy every minute.

Crossdressing, for me, is definitely a turn-on, however it's even better than a sexual romp. It has become a motivating lifestyle for me. When I got into my first men's thong a few years ago, I realized that I needed to lose some weight so that it "looked good" on me, with no overhanging abs, sides, etc. Since then I've lost 15 - 20 pounds. Crossdressing has become my motivation to look as good as possible in tight, slinky women's clothing. Thanks, Girls.

I believe there is science behind cross dressing, arousal and sexual gratification. It's called "Transvestic fetishism" and there are 2 key criteria for this before a psychiatric diagnosis of "transvestic fetishism" is made

1.Individuals must be sexually aroused by the act of cross-dressing.

2.Individuals must experience significant distress or impairment – socially or occupationally – because of their behavior.

Like most CD's, we start early in life with Mom's or Sis's panties and there is a chemical response in the brain. A pleasure response. As we get older and older and go through puberty, then we need to push our dressing to higher levels to get that same pleasure response. Plus, we are having all these changes going on in our young bodies. Hormones, growth spurts, arousals, etc. etc. So we go from Mom's or Sis's panties to her bra's and stockings. Then to her dresses and heels and then her makeup and jewelry. This all happens at different ages and stages for each of us, depending, on each of our unique situations. We start taking photos and dressing all the way, maybe just staying in the house, but that's what it takes to get that pleasure response. Finally, even dressing up at home isn't enough to get that pleasure response , so we start venturing out in public, wanting to be seen by other people, engaging in conversation with folks and all the time working on our appearance. Trying to look better, and being accepted by others. Especially other GG's. As we get much older, our testosterone declines, maybe our libido is pretty much non-existant, so we don't dress up much at all. Maybe months or years, but when we do there is that same sort of arousal from many years before. Now , I know that this is not the situation for all CD's because we all have unique situations. Some of us our married, have children, keep it a secret from one and all.. Others of us are single, never married, no children, not in the closet about it. So it's a different situation for everyone, but quite similar for a lot of us.

Sexual gratification, I would say so when a lot younger, though depending on what I am wearing I can feel pretty sexy, aroused on occation even, but it runs a lot deeper for me. The emotional relief it brings me and to stand in front of the mirror and see a beautiful reflection...well in my mind anyway

Kimber...x

It was for me at first and I guess just like a taboo I guess but the more I did it just the more comfortable with it. Now just do because I like to.

Since I don't get to dress very often, when I do I usually can't help but get excited. But when I get to dress more frequently, then it's less about that and more just enjoying my femme.

I don't get excited when I dress but I get a feeling that life is ok after all.

Or are we not seeing that we beautify the whole world when we present!!!

I'm happily sharing my beauty with the world whilst out, yet when behind closed doors I'm totally into myself ( I LOVE MYSELF!) and accept that!

Is it about Sexual Gratification? Depends on our Honesty!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia_laurentitis View Post
    I believe there is science behind cross dressing, arousal and sexual gratification. It's called "Transvestic fetishism" and there are 2 key criteria for this before a psychiatric diagnosis of "transvestic fetishism" is made

1.Individuals must be sexually aroused by the act of cross-dressing.

2.Individuals must experience significant distress or impairment – socially or occupationally – because of their behavior.

Like most CD's, we start early in life with Mom's or Sis's panties and there is a chemical response in the brain. A pleasure response. As we get older and older and go through puberty, then we need to push our dressing to higher levels to get that same pleasure response. Plus, we are having all these changes going on in our young bodies. Hormones, growth spurts, arousals, etc. etc. So we go from Mom's or Sis's panties to her bra's and stockings. Then to her dresses and heels and then her makeup and jewelry. This all happens at different ages and stages for each of us, depending, on each of our unique situations. We start taking photos and dressing all the way, maybe just staying in the house, but that's what it takes to get that pleasure response. Finally, even dressing up at home isn't enough to get that pleasure response , so we start venturing out in public, wanting to be seen by other people, engaging in conversation with folks and all the time working on our appearance. Trying to look better, and being accepted by others. Especially other GG's. As we get much older, our testosterone declines, maybe our libido is pretty much non-existant, so we don't dress up much at all. Maybe months or years, but when we do there is that same sort of arousal from many years before. Now , I know that this is not the situation for all CD's because we all have unique situations. Some of us our married, have children, keep it a secret from one and all.. Others of us are single, never married, no children, not in the closet about it. So it's a different situation for everyone, but quite similar for a lot of us.

Wow, Olivia, your summary is spot of for my CD life!

Quote Originally Posted by JayeDee View Post
    Crossdressing has become my motivation to look as good as possible in tight, slinky women's clothing. Thanks, Girls.
    Yes, for me at 55, it's sexual. And a motivation to keep in shape.

I'm just a sweet transvestite ...ok, if you didn't get that maybe you weren't thinking about the south park bundle of sticks episode while reading Micki's post. But seriously, I have a bachelor in science of mathematics so using universal quantification such as only is incorrect. My scientific side always does the research and found that the definition of transvestite says someone who derives pleasure from dressing in clothes primarily associated with the other sex. Therefore, the actual definition has nothing to do with sexual gratification and could be associated with any type of pleasure which is what my crossdressing has evolved into just throwing on some heels and a dress and watching tv. QED Ok, I'm done with my math nerdom and my point is don't take life too seriously you'll never get out alive. I said screw it this year and I shave my legs everyday while I wear guys shorts and I dont care who notices. Love reading all your posts it is encouraging.

Banned Read only
    Not only is this simply Basic Math, it's basic Addition and nothing more..

Are Os addictive? Or fun? Or cost free? Is the "drive"for an O simply to try to produce offspring and carry on the bloodline? Os by men AND a receptive fertile female ARE the only thing keeping Humans way more than spreading like wildfire on the planet right now.

If a guy "gets in the mood" and does not have an available partner?

He will have to "improvise".

Who does anyone think is buying all these giant high heeled shoes?

Here is what the latest Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) says (according to Wikipedia):
    The DSM-5 acknowledges that many dozens of paraphilias exist, but only has specific listings for eight that are forensically important and relatively common. These are voyeuristic disorder, exhibitionistic disorder, frotteuristic disorder, sexual masochism disorder, sexual sadism disorder, pedophilic disorder, fetishistic disorder, and transvestic disorder.
    You should also know that, beginning with DSM-4, A "man cannot be classified as a transvestite—however much he cross-dresses and however sexually exciting that is to him—unless he is unhappy about this activity or impaired by it." In other words, crossdressing is no longer considered a "disorder" for most posters here at Crossdressers.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    I was listening to a podcast by a transgender scientist (who was herself transgender) on the topic of vocabulary to avoid. “Transvestite” was admonished because it diminishes transgender identity to being only about sexual gratification. I was flabbergasted. Of course transgender is not synonymous with transvestism, but as a straight, male identity cross dresser, I don’t think I crossdress solely for sexual gratification. I’m not totally sure why I crossdress, but this scientist doesn’t understand me at all. Am I wrong about this?
    Hi, Mermaiden,

You are not wrong. How did you stumble on to this self-proclaimed transgender “scientist?” Saying that a “transvestite” is only motivated for sexual reasons is absurd. I’d love to see the “scientific” research supporting that statement. Just because she transitioned from being a man only gives her the right to give her opinion without claiming expertise.

Describing crossdressers, transvestites, and transgenders cannot be fit into a box (unless it's a really, really BIG one). We all were drawn to being en femme for a multitude of reasons, and we all have varying degrees of dressing in our lives, expression (including sexuality), openness (publicly), and evolution in our “cross dressing” lives.
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!

I wear women's clothing all the time because I like the way it looks on me & I like the style...
    Sometimes even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica4me View Post
    Hi, Mermaiden,

You are not wrong. How did you stumble on to this self-proclaimed transgender “scientist?” Saying that a “transvestite” is only motivated for sexual reasons is absurd. I’d love to see the “scientific” research supporting that statement. Just because she transitioned from being a man only gives her the right to give her opinion without claiming expertise.

Describing crossdressers, transvestites, and transgenders cannot be fit into a box (unless it's a really, really BIG one). We all were drawn to being en femme for a multitude of reasons, and we all have varying degrees of dressing in our lives, expression (including sexuality), openness (publicly), and evolution in our “cross dressing” lives.
    U said what I WISH I'd said, Roni! Concise and to the point!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Yes, it is Sexually gratifying---An aid to masturbation. But it is also VERY relaxing and De-stressing. Also it is FUN to be "Pretty".---------I enjoy all these aspects when I get my CD "FIX".

If cross dressing is just sexual gratification, then I guess the following are true:

Eating is just about gaining nutrition for the body (tell that to your SO the next time she asks "how was dinner")

Sex is just about procreation of the species. (If you're not trying to make babies, don't do it?)

Jobs are just about making money. (there are people that feel that way, but I always enjoyed mine and felt I was contributing to the world)

Oh - and <gender appropriate> clothing is just about protection from the weather (disregard the billions spent on fashion every year)

C'mon. Real life is nowhere near that simplistic.

Im too new to this to really answer. I enjoy feeling feminine and being told im pretty. I dress for my bf. It gives me a strong mental rush.

For maybe 60 years crossdressing was sexual because it was only sexual- stolen moments alone which I tried to pack value into and then conclude by orgasm. Classic look of a fetish dresser- but internally it never satisfied, and I could tell I identified with women deeply.

The last few years when I have much more occasions to dress, gone out, and have refined my wardrobe, I see that clothes are sexual when I am feeling sexy and aroused, and are just my preferred comfy clothes when I am not feeling aroused.

I finally realized I was TG in a mixed gender way.
    We are all beautiful...!

When I dress up it makes me feel like a woman and this in turn causes intense feelings within me of wanting to be with a man. This has always been confusing because I think of myself as a crossdresser, but the feelings of wanting to be with a man makes me think I am transgendered.

When I am not occasionally dressing as a woman, I of course wear men's clothes, but I have absolutely no interest in being with a man. It is only when I dress as a women, do I think about being with men.

So confusing to me.