Thread: Libido, sexual drive?

Libido, sexual drive?

It's a known fact that spironolactone or t- blockers avoid the libido, no morning woods, the size of the testicles and pene shrink what makes easier to tuck

My own experience is that after some weeks the sexual drive or libido was zero. In that moment wife was passing some uncomfortable procedures that don't let her to have sex so sex was zero. After some weeks her activity get to normalize and we retake our sexual activity but without the frequency as before. Now, we usually have sex once a week for work reasons, too early wake up, etc but weekends there are more freedom. My friend d down just need some stimulation and is ready. I know that six months is too early to see the total effects on the testosterone lack system.
    My question for other ladies on HRT on longer time is about you experience on it.
    Another question is if tblocker lock testosterone that produces in Males, the sexual desire what is the promoter in females? Wouldn't we as now more females have some kind of sexual drive too?
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Silver Member
    Vanessa, I recall having once read that the testosterone in females is a creator of their sex drive.

I noticed after about 8 months on HRT there were some performance issues, leading up to almost complete inoperability. However my libido hasn't diminished one bit. It has, in fact, gotten stronger. My girlfriend and I have just moved past that part of our sex life a bit a head of schedule since I'm planning bottom surgery anyways as soon as I can afford it.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Hi Vanessa,

15 months on E, 10 months on T-blockers, approx now. The prostate stopped working pretty rapidly, and things have gotten smaller. The drive almost, but not quite zero, I'd say. From a drive of over once/day, down to once/month or even less now. Easier to tuck indeed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

My sexual desire / performance seems different than what I expected. I started spiro and finestride in early 2016 stopped them when I got my orchie in 2017 since they were no longer necessary and replaced them with low dose estrogen. One third of the usual dose due to health issues. But remember I have NO testicles and have been on estrogen for a year and a half.

I still get erections close to the same as I did prior to HRT of any kind. My orgasms are different now. No ejaculate and I can have multiple orgasmic sensations although the sensations are not as strong they were are still pleasurable and noticeable, just less intense but longer lasting.

The reason I volunteer so much information is to demonstrate that I think there is a wide variety of what people may experience / should expect / after a dramatic change to their hormones. I don't think that there is a predictable outcome and is different for each person.

My sex drive has reduced significantly but not disappeared.

I would gladly trade my functioning penis for vaginoplasty in a heartbeat. The medical risk, cost, recovery weigh on me but so does my increasing dysphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by KymberlyOct View Post
    My sexual desire / performance seems different than what I expected. I started spiro and finestride in early 2016 stopped them when I got my orchie in 2017 since they were no longer necessary and replaced them with low dose estrogen. One third of the usual dose due to health issues. But remember I have NO testicles and have been on estrogen for a year and a half.

I still get erections close to the same as I did prior to HRT of any kind. My orgasms are different now. No ejaculate and I can have multiple orgasmic sensations although the sensations are not as strong they were are still pleasurable and noticeable, just less intense but longer .
    Kymberly,
    I really appreciate your detail and intimate answer.
    I still curious about two or three things if I understand ok:
    I thought that after orchie erections would be zero as the testicles are the testosterone producers but is interesting to know it still working,
    Second, the eyaculation comes from the prostate, just the spermatozoides come from testicles so orchy shouldn't stop the eyaculation thought mine is being reduced too after tblockers,
    Third, it's interesting that orgasms still and are different,
    Your comment reassure my intention to do orchie.
    Thanks again.

I am at month 8 of HRT (aspire and estradiol). My libido is gone and frankly, I’m good with it. I’m much more relaxed. I am having a bit of trouble with the wife, but navigating through the problem.

Vanessa,

Regarding the erections, I assure you that I still have very viable erections. My orchie was June 2017. I was told I may not but rest assured I do. I don't post any B.S. here ( and I know you are just asking not accusing me of doing so ) but anyone that may be skeptical I assure you that it is the fact. There have been others in the past that have posted some questionable claims which I guess must make them feel better in some way but per usual I digress.

My only reason for being here is to possibly give some insight to those that are earlier in this journey than I am. And I had an orchie over a year ago and get erections similar to before. Maybe I am an outlier.

Regarding ejaculate I think you are right. My orchie may not be the reason for no ejaculate. I remember reading something similar to what you said regarding the source of the sperm vs the actual ejaculate. I do remember my ejaculate was decreasing when I started spiro and finestride. Cause or coincidental timing due to (age) I honestly don't know the answer to that part, and to be honest I really don't care. I don't think it is a medical reason such as something being wrong because they are up there constantly (lol) due to my bladder and kidney cancer. I'm really just not very concerned regarding the reason. Maybe I will ask my doc since you have me wondering.

Anyway that's my story. In short the lack of testosterone has not reduced my erections. I would rather not have something to get erect however I am glad to have sexual sensation albeit with the wrong equipment.

Regarding the orgasms being different I think they last longer, are less intense and can be multiple is probably because there is no fast release of the EJ. Just how it seems to me.

End of story... point is..... your mileage may vary
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 11-01-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: No need to quote the entire post

Kimberly, for three times I'd tried to post here but the token has expired...lol

Now it worked.
    I really appreciate the trust and courage of sharing your experience and not for a second I doubt or believe what others say here. Sometimes some post can sound kind of delirious it once on of my post was called in that way so I prefer to believe everybody, even looking naive I reserve my opinions or doubts but not in your case.
    Last edited by Devi SM; 11-02-2018 at 01:14 PM.

We're all good. Never was a problem. I didn't think you doubted me. Since an orchie is not very common I am sure there are a lot of assumptions about it.
    Some members here are earlier in the journey than having any surgery and other just go straight to SRS.

So I just wanted to address your original post regarding libido and sex drive regarding hormones. I may have come across as being defensive because I think doubting my erection statement would not be unusual.

My surgeon told me there was a good chance I might not get erections any longer. Oh well, guess what doc. lol.

It's not exactly like I'm happy about it. Still having it causes me dysphoria but if it's there anyway I guess I want it to work.

OK enough of that. In short lack of testosterone does not necessarily mean lack of physical ability nor does it necessarily always mean the elimination of libido.