Thread: DADT Twists and Turns - The Latest

DADT Twists and Turns - The Latest

This summer after 36 years of “tolerant DADT” a curious event led to my wife suggesting she would be willing to go out with me dressed. Details here:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...rns&highlight=

I decided against gilding the lily, preferring instead to let things unfold naturally.

This past month was my wife’s two week European cruise, over a year in the making. It was also to be, of course, two weeks of uninterrupted Michelle time. I had some very good luck in lining up events and meet ups with my besties. Alas, the day before her flight my wife canceled the trip due to the illness of her travel companion. She advised she would be staying with/nurse maiding her travel companion for a week which would allow me “party time” (her words).

I advised Michelle had dates the day of her return (Sunday) and also the Thursday after that. The alternatives were 1) she could extend her nurse maid period, 2) she could come home as scheduled and I would make my dates while she was here, 3) she could participate in my dates, or 4) I could cancel. She advised 1) and 4) were non-starters and left it to me to opt between 2) and 3). I chose 3! I even got permission to keep my eyelash extensions and shiny red nails for four days.

When she arrived at home I greeted her in pre-advised casual soccer mom mode, skinny jeans and gold sweater. “That’s not casual!” she advised, although she did think I looked nice. Soon my Texas Bestie Sandy Clifton arrived for the outing in a skirt! Sandy did yeoman work, answering all my wife’s questions in relaxed, thoughtful responses. Soon we met up with Julia Toulouse, in from Phoenix on business, and Terri Johnson, limited to boy disguise but happy to join in.

We got a drink at Julia’s hotel, then hit a wine bar, then went to a very pleasant restaurant my wife and I often frequent. Lovely evening indeed and, try as we might, we couldn’t keep the conversation on dressing, preferring instead to solve the world’s problems. My wife really liked the ladies she met, and did not feel uncomfortable in the least.

Tuesday I got permission to meet Terri for a drink (me in boy disguise). She declined as she was too tired. Uh oh. Wednesday I got permission to go shopping with Julia (me in boy disguise). She declined as she was too tired. Uh oh. Thursday was hanging while Terri got dolled up by Brook, world’s greatest makeup artist, then wine with Terri and Julia, then rich girls do dinner at an upscale Argentina steak house. She discovered a last minute scheduling conflict and declined. Uh oh. No, wait! She zoomed over to the steak house as soon as she was available for chat, dessert, and photo taking. Wow!

So, it was all super good. Friday she said “so that’s it for a long time, right?” and “you’re losing the nails and lashes today, right?” Yes to both, it’s all about compromise. Watch this space, however, as there’s been a thaw and more good times to report on down the line. Hugs, Michelle

Very nice story. I not sure your in a DADT situation any longer. What a break through. Take it easy and enjoy your wife. Please don't make it all about YOU though. Treat that woman right.

Gold Member
    That was a great story.
    My Wife was OK with my dressing as long as I did not leave the house. That was OK with me,
    as I would never pass in a million years. We had an agreement on dressing, I did it only on the week ends.
    After I retired, she said it was OK to dress anytime, and had me go out and get fitted for some nice wigs.
    I toyed make up, that did not go well. ON Halloween, She would dress me up as a French Maid, complete
    with fish net hose. It was great, I hated to take it off at the end of the day.
    Rader

Wow Michelle, that's fantastic!

I don't know if I'll ever get to that point with my wife but you've certainly given me hope and inspiration.

Elizabeth

I have to agree with the others. That was a great story and not just a warming trend. It is more like global warming. Good for both of you.

Wow! That’s great!! So is there light at the end of the tunnel for some of us?

Great story, great wife and great friends as well!

Thanks for sharing

sounds like you had a great time !!! It is great to hear about your wife's opting to come along.
    I could only wish my wife could be tolerant and accepting.

Remember to treat her now you got yours but still take it slow
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle , That is totally Awesome. >Orchid .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Great news! Congrats

DDG, glad to hear you were able to maximize your Michelle time in such a positive way! Happy for you!!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Platinum Member
    Glad that you were able to enjoy a bit of a thaw.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

From my observations here, there is climate change, something to look forward to in this case. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Michelle, despite your wife's change in plans I am glad you got to head out.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Silver Member
    Big steps for dainty feet. Glad to hear this, as you know I always think it's best when we can share our lives more fully with our mates. Maybe one day I can do dinner with the both of you.

So tell me, how does she like being a Rock Star in our universe? Surely your friends fawned over her and showered her with love.

Meghan, you nailed it. But, it won't be the 3 of us getting together, it'll be the 4 of us!

The peeps were all enamored of my wife and gave her the royal treatment for sure. Truly remarkable. Hugs, Michelle

It was a little scary being the first dressed friend
    that your wife met; making a good impression was
    paramount. I'm thrilled that your relationship has
    reached a new level and am happy to have played
    a small part in this development!

A wonderful and heart warming read.
    Like a lady

Another surprising first time ever. My wife walked in yesterday and asked "You want this? It's never been used and now it's too heavy for me." She's been having back issues and doesn't care to haul a bunch of stuff around in a large tote. I expressed my heartfelt thanks. Hugs, Michelle
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    I reread your opening OP, Michelle. I'm really happy for you !!!!

Michelle:
    Hope the progress continues. Looks like you've hit that pot of gold. Since some time has now past, any idea about what triggered the change of attitude?
    Very happy for you!
    Hugs, Zoey

So, so thrilled for you, Michelle!
    May the good times continue.
    Hugs
    Abbie

So happy for you girl, things are really looking very positive. PS bags lovely too!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

SOOO much more fun when you and your partner are on board together