Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaving from home dressed, i don't now what to think

Aspiring Member

leaving from home dressed, i don't now what to think

I am planning in on my annual outing (my wife requests just 1 per year). I have been going to a friends house to change. However my wife suggested that I just leave from our house. We live in a very quite area. One of our the people next door just moved and the house is empty and the other will be on vacation. Leaving from home kinda freaks me out a bit. I may just have to put on my big girl panties on and just do it.

Sara

Hi Sara,

Is it safe to assume your going fully en femme? It sounds like your pretty much safe with respect to your neighbors kindly cooperating by not being there so I would say just go for it. But if your still concerned you can always leave the wig off (if you're wearing one) until you get out of the neighborhood and wear a coat and pants over everything else until you get far enough from home to feel comfortable. Then it's just a couple of minutes to get rid of the coat and pants and put on the wig and your good to go. I've done something like this in the past and it worked well for me.

Elizabeth

Just do it and experience the entire journey as you really want to.
    It's scary for sure, but once you do you'll wonder what exactly made it so scary. People, if they see you, will just use their first impression and perhaps wonder who that "new lady" is but that will last about 3 seconds till they are distracted by some other thought and they will just forget about it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If your ultimate goal is to be able to go out dressed from hole a regular thing to do then this is a golden opportunity to reduce the nervousness of this, one empty house on one side neighbours gone on the other side ther's nothing to hold you back at all go out toally en femme from what you are saying there is nothing to loose and a lot to be gained, If you get to where I am with my neighbours all knowing your freedom is a done thing, go out and enjoy!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    Your wife has made the recommendation, so go with it and trust her judgement
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Sara, if you are leaving after the sun goes down is it really an issue. Otherwise, just head straight for your car and go without looking around. Last time I left my house dressed, I lived in a large apartment building, on the the 7th floor, which meant heading to the garage on an elevator. Fortunately, no one got on the elevator and I left without any interaction with my neighbors. However, there was a ton of security cameras as the building has very high profile individuals, including a supreme court justice, so I know that I was filmed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Sarah, just get dressed and leave the house, it is unlikely any one will notice.

If you do this more regularly the easier it becomes.

Fear turns to caution and you can worry about things that really matter.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Either it's no big deal if the neighbours find out so just go for it or life will be a living hell in which case take Elizabeth G's advice.

Just get out and do it, and have fun. Sara> Afterwhile the scary goes away. Most folks are not paying attn anyway--they have their faces in their phones. Great that the SO is cooperative. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

Aspiring Member
    Rationally I know I will be fine. I can get in the car in garage, I plan on a daytime outing to go shopping. It still a big step. Just a handful of people know and I would like to keep that to a minimum.
    Sara

Sara,

It will seem as scary as hell but as others have said once in the car and driving away those fears soon evaporate. If you're leaving during daylight that does up the anti a little, after dark the risks are small.

Do you know what's prompted your SO to suggest this move? Is her objection to you going out lessening?

Whatever you decide, enjoy your trip out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

You said just once a year you go out so what's the big deal? No one is going to remember seeing you after a day or so. They all know you as the person they see the other 364 days a year. If anyone does ask about it you can make up a story of some kind, just make sure your wife knows it so if asked when away from you the stories match. Get dressed and enjoy the moment than just walk out the door, I believe in pulling the band-aid off fast.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

i will never go out from my room if am dress

Your wife is making this suggestion - it is good she is trying to support you

I love to go out to many public places as Jacqueline. I leave from my house at all times of day and night. Although I would be happy to reveal myself to the world at any time, I try to protect my identity out of considerations for my wife's wishes. I am known as well as my car to everyone in the neighborhood. So, here is the procedure that I use to go out dressed. I walk from my house into the garage fully dressed. In the car I remove my ear rings and wig and place them in a bag. I take a warm-up jacket and slip my arms through the sleeves so that the un-zipped zipper is in the back and my outfit is fully covered up. Then I wear a baseball cap, wear large sunglasses and drive out the driveway paying attention that no one is standing near my exit. I drive out and if I see a neighbor I casually place my hand to obscure my painted lips. I stop for no one. After driving 3-5 miles I find a place to pull off to the side of the road; put on my wig and ear rings, brush my hair, lower the top on my convertible and raise my hands in the free air and sunshine and smile.

seriously? you're asking this on Halloween?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sara66 View Post
    Rationally I know I will be fine. I can get in the car in garage, I plan on a daytime outing to go shopping. It still a big step. Just a handful of people know and I would like to keep that to a minimum.
    Sara
    This answers the question I thought about. Once you are in the car, especially if it is evening, your pretty much low risk.

It is like standing on the edge of the pool, not wanting to get that cold shock. Once you are in, the water is fine. Just need to make the leap.

Your wife thinks it’s fine and I do not think she would suggest it otherwise. Don’t let the worry hamper your day. Besides you are not doing anything wrong. Enjoy your day!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Going full fem for the first time can be scary for some and if you're only "allowed" one trip per year the fear will pretty much always be with you. Repeat excursions would eventually alleviate your fears but right now you'll have to do whatever you're comfortable with.

Just do it! Good luck!

Of course you should just do it, especially since your wife suggested it.
    Hugs, Carole

Neither neighbor being there I would be spending a whole lotta time outside
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Yes, you should do it. A few years ago I decided I was tired of sneaking around to get out. Since then I have spent one or two days a week out as Stephanie. I have had a few neighbors and friends see me, but not one has had a bad thing to say.

Last year I returned home at around 3 in the afternoon. I parked in the drive and went inside, not noticing any neighbors. I decided to turn on my computer and check to see if I had any emails, and as soon as I did, a facebook message popped in. It was from the lady across the street. She asked "Who did I just see driving your truck with lots of hair?" SO I told her it was me. She was interest and said she wished she had a better chance to see me and what I looked liked. I sent her a couple pictures and we've since had a few nice discussions.

So, it's all good, go out have a good time, do what you want and don't worry about what others may think.
    Stephanie

Silver Member
    Bobbi, the mistype 'hole' gave me a good laugh. But, some of us are in a hole, so to speak.