Thread: I can't believe I'm doing this...

I can't believe I'm doing this...

Today, there's a Halloween contest in my workplace. There is also a hiring event going on.

I have underdressed at work and even worn lipstick, but now (literally) I'm completely dressed at work. What's more, because I want to surprise everyone, l have asked the hiring staff if I could sit in the lobby in full view of all the applicants, which they allowed me to do. I'm sitting in the lobby now, looking at a long line of applicants. I'm trying not to shake too much as l type this. I'm trying to blend in.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Too funny, you have to post a picture.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

One word "aaaaaargh"!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Platinum Member
    I have to ask what are you wearing? Dress? Heels?

Hi Patience
    It sounds positively awesome!
    I hope you enjoyed it ... the little I've been out (even late at night in the car...), the worst part was before - the anticipation. While I was doing what I had to do (I went out driving to the ATM -- so was really concentrating on the road) all was good. SItting at traffic lights... OMG Someone Must Have Spotted Me and Called Out The National Guard... and then I got home in one piece and all was good. The "that was fantabulous" feeling afterwards was, well, fantabulous!

I hope it's over and you're reflecting and vowing to do it again! (I am!)

And what were you wearing? Pictures? Did anyone interact with you? Details! We Want Details!
    Fran

You have to win! If only for sheer guts!! Oh my God I'm so jealous. I have a sort of androgenous or non-binary thing going on at work now but still a loooong way from fully dressed, wig or anything serious. Tell us how it turned out. We have to know. Aaahhhh!!!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    You’re officially my new hero. Well done!!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Good for you, Patience! I hope you celebrate by wearing something relaxing and sexy at home while you have a glass of wine!

You Go Girl! what a great idea Patience, I hope you are going to update us on your day!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Can't wait for a pic and a complete report.

You get a 10 out of 10 for your bravery. Well done!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I hope u either "over did" the girl look or r wearing a rem costume? Otherwise, u mite be out at work!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I hope it's going well for you.
    Can't wait for a post-game report.

Patience, a post like this requires pictures.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Patience, Good for you! Like others have said, I can’t wait for a follow up. Crissy

*Warning: Long Post*

Quote Originally Posted by Shawna View Post
    Good for you, Patience! I hope you celebrate by wearing something relaxing and sexy at home while you have a glass of wine!
    Hun, I did sexy all day! I'm doing the relaxin' bit, though. Braless (phew!) with a t-shirt, sweatpants and panties. Oh, and a nice glass of Port.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    Too funny, you have to post a picture.
    I want to, but my workplace doesn't allow photography inside the facility. I managed to steal a couple selfies quietly and had a co-worker take a pic of me during the break (sans handbag), but my little camera thing is acting wonky. I'll see if there's anything worth posting when I get it working again.¬ .

Edit: Finally managed to get the camera working. Here's the pic of me a co-worker took. I wish he had taken more than one, but this is the best I got. In the rush to get the picture taken, I forgot my handbag, still, you can sort of see the outfit.

100_0256.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I have to ask what are you wearing? Dress? Heels?
    It was basically the same outfit I wore for my makeover three weeks ago: Black bodycon dress with a central leopard-ish print (love bodycon dresses!), My 42D (I went large for this outing) breast forms inside a tight-fitting bra, Black leggings, Black high heels, wig, sunglasses and a cute white/gray knit cap. Plus, a black handbag. On my wrist, I had a wooden bead bracelet I wear from time to time and some cheap plastic novelty clip-on earrings shaped like little slot machines with working arms and spring mechanisms inside. I've had them for months and always hated them. Today, they justified their existence. Red nail polish (always painted anyway) and red lipstick. Sinful Colors, IIRC.

Now, to the fun bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Can't wait for a pic and a complete report.
    Pic is posted. On to the report:

As you all know, I am a big advocate of the use of sunglasses while dressing. On this outing, they were crucial. They obscured part of my face so my co-workers wouldn't easily recognize me and allowed me to sit crossdressed (albeit on halloween) in a room full of strangers while avoiding eye contact. I'm not saying I would not have sat in the lobby without the shades, but they definitely made it a lot easier.

Anyway, after I posted the thread, I sat quietly facing the line of applicants with my back to the entrance, so my co-workers wouldn't see my face. I was the first one there. Gradually, I saw my co-workers coming in and sitting in the lobby waiting to clock in. There were so many people there, they paid no attention to me, if they realized I was there at all. Silently, I chuckled, as I realized that I was practically invisible, hiding in plain sight.

When clock-in time came around, I waited for the others to do so and go into the workroom before I clocked myself in. Every day, we start with a standup meeting, which happens nearby a vehicle exit (visible in pic) from which random people come in and out of occasionally. I stood outside by the exit, waiting for the meeting to start. When it did, I waited for a minute and then barged in. Trying to disguise my voice, I shouted "Excuse me! excuse me! Is there a hiring event?" A little confusion ensued, but it turned into a hilarious roar when they realized who I was. It was so loud, it surprised me. Then, people started high-fiving and fist-bumping me. Someone (or the sound we were making) brought over the site supervisor, who, seeing me dressed, gave me the prize. Enough for another makeover at Sephora

One thing did disappoint me: I was the only one wearing something unusual! One co-worker just painted a moustache on himself and that was it. Everybody else was wearing their regular work clothes. I realized from the start that I was better equipped than most to win this thing (being a crossdresser is practically a superpower!) but it would have been fun to have had some competition. As it was, I mopped the floor with them. Yay me.

One of my co-workers thought I was dressed as somebody specific and started rattling off names (the only one I remember is Jackie O. Hey, works for me). I did talk to co-workers about having seen them in the lobby and asked them why they didn't dress up, but not too much. I wouldn't mind another no-contest victory next year. Easiest money I've ever made.

Thanks for your interest. I had a blast. Hopefully, I'll have a pic to post at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    You’re officially my new hero. Well done!!
    Thank you, but I'm not a hero or a heroine. I'm a Witch (but don't tell anyone)!

Happy Halloween! Nyahahahahahah!

(Puts on cape, hops on broom and flies away)
    Last edited by Patience; 11-01-2018 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Lost all formatting when I pasted reply from Word doc.

Blending in?

You should be coming out. :-)

Yes the piccie is good.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Patience,

You're living the dream! Well away least my dream anyway

Elizabeth

Well done. You broke the lingerie ceiling.

Thank you all, for your responses.

I just wanted to mention that I wore the outfit the entire shift. The only modifications were the addition of my safety vest and a change into more sensible shoes. While l was on the workfloor, l did notice one of the guys checking me out. Not that l was instigating anything, mind.

Another name my coworker suggested was RuPaul. I guess it’s inevitable that some folks will take us for drag queens. Not that it bothers me.

When l left, the ladies from the HR event were packing up. I actually got pretty chummy with them. One of them asked why I wasn’t wearing my heels. I pointed out that l couldn’t wear them for work and added that the shoes l had on matched my handbag. I saw them again today. They were all very nice. I don’t think all of them realize who I was yesterday.

Roxanne is so proud of you! You must feel so accomplished right now! Good Girl!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I have found that an outer layer, such as a cardigan, helps reduce my V shape and makes me feel more pretty in public. Perhaps your work vest provided that.
    I have done something similar before at work. I talked a few others into dressing up.
    These days I do not normally wear girly things for Halloween. It has stopped being a costume in my mind, I guess. I was roughly the only costumed person at work this year (menswear), except for a couple people who wore a hat.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Blending in?

You should be coming out. :-)

Yes the piccie is good.
    Thanks! As a matter of fact, I'm out at work already. My fingernails are constantly painted, I often wear my clip on earrings, I sometimes wear lipstick (as I mentioned earlier), I underdress frequently and though I now wear them sporadically, I once wore those same 42D breast forms under my work clothes for a whole week. They did elicit some interesting attention and double takes. I have since invested in a pair of 42Cs, which have become my regular working boobs.

Looking like this does bring about some curiosity and those who have asked me about it directly have received a direct answer. A few of my co-workers have seen images of me dressed.

jjjjohanne, I like outer layers as well, but mostly because I find women's clothes don't keep out the cold as well as men's clothes do. Maybe it's the fit, I don't know. I would have worn an outer layer with my outfit if it hadn't been such a warm day.

I'm fairly slender for my height, so I don't have that much of the V problem. I do prefer to wear dark tops and lighter skirts to draw attention away from my shoulders, though.

I understand what you mean about it being a costume in one's mind. It never was for me. I was dressed to the best of my ability, as I always am when I go out. In a way, I outdid myself. It was my first time out in heels. As a matter of fact, it was my first time driving a car in heels, as well.

Anyway, who cares if my co-workers think it's a costume? I'm not going to let that get in the way of an opportunity to go out and be seen dressed. Besides, we all had a good laugh, which is great for team building, which is a desired ability within an organization. On top of all that, for once, crossdressing has made me money.

The only thing that would make me love crossdressing more than I already do is if the thing paid for itself, which it doesn't. Bigly.

Thank you all for your replies.
    Last edited by Patience; 11-02-2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: : a statement offered in explanation or justification.