Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just the clothes or your over all presentation?

Is it just the clothes or your over all presentation?

I was wondering if most CD's are happy with just wearing women's clothes or do most have the desire to try and take it further and go for an all out transformation. For example, wigs, M/u, outfits. hose, heels, jewelry, padding, etc, etc, ? I know it's not always practical to go all out, but is it the desire for most CD's is to present an overall feminine appearance or are most happy with miad mode?

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    It's all or nothing for me, just putting on the clothes is only halfway there (not that there is anything wrong with being a MIAD if you are happy with it)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I think it depends, and it varies a lot between people from what I've read on this forum.

I didn't bother with wigs or makeup for most of my life, because I was never leaving the house and they were more trouble than they were worth to me... they didn't add that much to the experience. I was all about being myself, and somehow wearing a wig and makeup that nobody would ever see was not that. It felt fake somehow, if that makes sense.

That all changed in the past year because I got to a point of accepting that the world would not end if anyone found out I was a CD, even though I didn't really want them to. Then I wanted to be free and go out into the world. But some bald dude with a hairy chest wandering around in a dress was *definitely* not me (though that does work for some people). So proper presentation, wig, makeup etc suddenly became important. That's sort of ingrained now, so when I see the bald guy wandering around at home, he doesn't look like me any more. LOL you can't win with this stuff.
    Last edited by Eemz; 10-31-2018 at 06:42 PM.

I'm all or nothing most of the time. I prefer the "all" over "almost". Sometimes, its late and I know I'll only have and hour at best, so I'll forgo the makeup. And sometimes wig, too.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I too am in the “whole enchilada” camp. Besides I’ve already seen “regular me” lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

What and miss out on accessorising!! not this girl
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Olivia,

For me it's not just all or nothing, I have to go out in public and interact with people or it's not worth the effort for me!

Suzi Q

If it is going out, I do everything. If not going out, the presentation may be everything but frequently is a lot less. It depends on how I am feeling that day and how much time is available.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

My preference is also “all or nothing” for a total transformation. It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy the process

armchair philosopher ElianaFrozenflame's Avatar
    Still in the closet, so haven't reached "ALL" yet, but it is a work in progress. Just now starting to learn makeup. I have been doing wigs and lipstick for several years now.

I’m content just throwing on a dress or skirt or whatever if I’m just sitting around the house, but if I’m going out I have to be put together.

The vast majority of time I am in makeup, wig and padding. If I am dressed several days in a row I will take the wig off for a few hours.

The only exception is I have painted rooms in my house, put a floor in, major cleaning days or have done other projects and I will only have foundation on and no jewelry. I have a work outfit which is just leggings and a tee shirt.

While I do under dress during the day, when I dress, I dress all the way.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Oftimes underdress--but for mall trips & such its Full-Femme! Now for my trip today-passed on wearing my cincher- but had everything else on. Personally wd not do the miad thing- as I consider that to be a "road flare" that "gets stares". Can understand that many have various preferences numerous as beach sand. Dress how you like. Toni G..
    "Seen by Many---Clocked by Any??"
    In the Snowbird Zone

I prefer to dress head to toe, but that's not always possible, so sometimes I do a little less. I'll also underdress if the mood strikes but it doesn't strike too often.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Bottom to top, inside to out all girly.

Often like to wear at least a skirt and a top at home, but always keep my self smooth and a cheeky set of painted toenails on my person at all times.

Kimber..x

Don't know why it can't be both.

If you're going to do it do it all. Hair & shoes are really important. Just be neat & yourself & blend in.

I think most wish to go all the way, some will use miad? mode at home more than likely, I always wear a wig around the house and make sure I shave before I go out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Olivia

I would like to be in the all or nothing camp — for me dressing is sort of like people who do historical re-enactment where the goal is to be as much like, say, a US Civil War soldier, so the uniform is important but so is hair style, accessories, the weapon, vocabulary and style of speaking, etc.

However - since I’m in the closet wrt family/etc I do what I can, to the degree I can, when I can and have to be satisfied with it.

Fran

99% of the time it's all in. I love doing the makeup and hair. It's funny how as a bloke I couldn't co-ordinate a pair of trainers with a pair of jeans, yet I can sort out what I'm going to wear, with which shoes, what colour wig, and makeup to go with it.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Aspiring Member
    I am still an insider and have a beard so whilst I have wigs I do not bother with makeup Otherwise I aim to be fully dressed. However if I get the chance – wife out for a few hours - I will put on bra and forms under drab.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I dress every day after work but without wig or make up. I do a little make up sometimes. It's the clothes that I like.

For me always under dress, girl jeans, leggings, nails (both fingers and toes colored), lipstick and sometimes rings.