Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Dominant or Submissive in life?

More Dominant or Submissive in life?

With being a CD,

Are you more Dominant in your everyday life knowing that you are in control,
    Or do you see it as being a more submissive way of going about daily life?

I See both!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I could go on and on about this and over analyze myself but I'll keep it short instead.

I also see both although with respect to submissiveness it may be that I'm more passive than submissive. Years ago I would have answered submissive but as I age I find myself becoming more dominant (though by other peoples standards I'm probably still more on the passive side). I prefer to think of myself as a nice person. Also, though I find myself becoming more dominant over time it's probably more a case of me being less patient and less willing to tolerate BS and more ready to stand up for myself.
    Last edited by Elizabeth G; 11-01-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Banned Read only
    I am not sure how one determines D/S in their daily lives.

If generally being a butt hole makes you dominate then I would say I am submissive, but I don't let anyone push me around and I have no problem defending myself physically or verbally.

I don't do dominant but I may be submissive at times, I just have a soft spot for resolving problems generally.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Neither. To be either one, there has to be a partner for interaction. I've always treat or have been treated by my wife as an equal in problem resolution. One thing I really find irritating is submissive women who defer to their husbands or boyfriends.

Stacy,

I'd answer by saying QC, Quietly Confident.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I can see your points so far and love you for them!

I just think that we need more look into this!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

"Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Oh, I am a bit submissive. I enjoy a partner helping me be sweet and loving! I just enjoy a partner!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I wouldn’t call it dominant. I have a quite strong willed confidence that leads me to be a dominant, yet benevolent person. Mostly I mind my own business and stay out of other peoples. That said. When in a group of people. I generally end up being the leader. I don’t try. I just end up there. Always have.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Very strong willed fits me best.
    I used to be overly dominant because that was the nature of the environment I was in at the time.
    Still to this day I don't take BS from anyone but I don't use violence to get my point across.

I would say I am more passive and submissive in everyday life. Its not that I have trouble with decisions but that I always ask for input and often I really don't need I just need to make a call and go. In my CD life I have been asked to play a dom and found it very difficult. I wasn't into it at all. I don't know if I could deal with either of those roles in a Dom/sub seen, but it is intriguing .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I am submissive typically. And being dominant is unnatural for me, but I have learned for certain situations I can fake it.

How I feel or how I behave? I'm basically shy and submissive, but have learned to speak and behave as an alpha male in public. It just makes life easier.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Interesting topic, I would say both but less dominant now then years ago. I have a somewhat submissive side at times but the dominant side can and will be there if need be. Crissy

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I like the word passive as well in how I would describe myself I’m more of a gentle person overall well until I start watching
    college football lol, but I do very much have a submissive side to me and still like that role but most women don’t care for
    that so it’s probably hopeless for me to find someone

I think I've always been passive/shy/quiet. Unfortunately I was passive aggressive in the past and that didn't work too well.
    I find I'm less a wuss as a female and more fun.
    Also where would the leaders be without us followers.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I would say I am slightly more dominate than submissive. I can lead and I can follow. I can make my own decisions and can ask for help when needed. I pretty much do as I please when it comes to my life and needs. I do not worry about what others think of me and sometimes show it very plainly. I can stick up for my self when push comes to shove.
    Fran

I'm not much of a leader, more of a follower, but I like being my own person. I live alone and mostly work alone. I do like pleasing people so I'm more on the submissive side.

Once I start seeing someone's BS I've had enough of that submissive crap! I don't like being taken advantage of and I don't like hanging around with others that are negative. And it should be manifest here that I don't like to argue. I make my points but don't care to argue. I usually admit I'm wrong when I am.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

In drab I'm more dominate. I take the lead and make the calls. As Ella I am very much submissive which I enjoy.

As a business owner I am obligated to outwardly convey a dominant persona. However I am well aware that I would very much enjoy a submissive role, in the right setting and with the right person.
    Jaye

I enjoy taking on a more submissive stance when I'm Shawna. I think at first is was because as I began my more public journey, I was seeking out women to advise me and help me in all ways as I began to more fully develop and express my femininity. So because I looked to women as the "experts in femininity" (and, why not?)...I naturally assumed a more submissive stance as a "beginner woman"...

Now, my confidence is growing daily as Shawna more and more surfaces in all aspects of my life, but I find that I ENJOY being a bit more submissive - and as someone commented earlier "quietly confident".

Great topic!

Platinum Member
    I have given this a lot of thought. In my outer life, I’m considered quite assertive...and I suppose my professional role requires that of me. I’m expected to lead, and I do. In relationships I’ve tended towards being deferential to the point of being submissive in many ways. I think this contradiction can be explained by apprehensions about making mistakes, disappointing and/or offending. My unwillingness to even pick a restaurant or plan an outing were regular annoyances to my ex. I didn’t comprehend that sometimes she wanted me to choose and to lead.

another life lesson learned too late
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I’ve been a leader in my business partnership and to some degree in the community serving on boards and committees, but I’ve only rarely used a forceful strategy. Usually I like to build consensus. We’ve made some great hires and I’m pleased to hand over the reins to the younger people who demonstrate leadership ability and interest. So, I’m not really dominant or submissive.

I like the phrase, quietly confident. Just seems quite fitting. I'm naturally a passive person, but with gradual experience, I've been able to project a certain level of confidence needed at my workplace. However, I still can't completely get rid of my dislike of direct confrontation...

I would say both, but respectful to others .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen