Thread: Halloween

Reality Check

Halloween

Yep, Halloween, the "free pass" for crossdressers.

For the past several years, my wife and I have stayed away from home on Halloween night, mostly because the puppy is disturbed by people and noises outside. This year she is recovering from a fall and decided we should just stay home and deal with it. She bought a bunch of candy.

Normally we would not dress in costumes, we would just hand out the candy but for some reason, she decided we should dress up. She has a cow costume and a reindeer costume. While we were out shopping yesterday she said (out of the blue) "This is your chance dress up like a woman."

Now my standard advice to crossdressers dressing as a woman for Halloween is "Don't do it because you'll do such a good job, people will figure out that you don't just dress as a woman one night a year.", but my wife actually suggested it.

I thought about it and said "I'll dress up as a witch. I have a long black skirt and a black blouse, all I need is a hat." We went to Walmart but could not find a witch's hat. We forgot about Party City.

We got home and my wife said it wouldn't look right without the hat so in the end I was the cow and she was the reindeer. We sat there all night and not a single child came to the door. None. I could have been anything I wanted, nobody saw me.
    Krisi

I recall Halloween's when the wife didn't mind if I dressed, although she freaked out one Halloween when she was late coming home, scared I'd give out the candy without her there. She did let me drive to the store dressed to get more candy. Boy I wish I looked as good as I did then...........and guess what we had zero trick or treat last night also.

Reality Check
    I think that trick or treat thing is going by the wayside. There are too many people out there waiting to harm others. Really, when you have to take your kid's "treats" to the hospital to have them x-rayed for metal, it's time to give it up. Sad, but that's the life we live now.
    Krisi

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    99 Cents store had heaps of classic witch hats! Only, today they'll be 50 cents!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Krisi, there's always next year.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

One of my favorite things to do on Halloween is to just dress up as an everyday business woman and just stand around the boarding platform of my local commute railroad. It gives me a chance to mingle with people as a woman.

Karen Sue

It's not the 'free pass' that many here think it is. Dress up pretty as a girl and most of society will question your sexuality. Doesn't matter if it's halloween or not. Real men don't dress, talk or behave as girls do. It's drummed into our heads as we grew up, and women are always on guard to see any unusual behavior as a sign that a potential mate just might not be what she thinks he is.
    Think of it this way; when an almost passable crossdresser is clocked, it's because some little detail gave him away. When a straight male crossdresser who's in the closet becomes suspect for being a crossdresser, it's because he did something that indicates he just might enjoy putting on a dress for Halloween, and then, on more than JUST on Halloween.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I don't know Sometimes, you seem to broad brush a lot of other peoples' opinions here. If someone dresses up for a costume party or Halloween, and don't do that on a regular basis with the same group of people, I will broad brush and say that most people don't really care and do not tie the special occasion dressing up to what that person does behind closed doors. As for having "real men" do this and that and never do this and that other stuff is not my experience or those of my friends over the years. Maybe in your State of flux, you see that a lot, but I haven't in the many States and foreign countries where I lived. If you (a non-crossdressing person) are going to have fun at a costume party, dressing up as a woman, assuming the makeup is not perfect, most people will accept it for what it is, a moment in time to fun with friends. As for a woman looking for that telltale sign that her potential boyfriend or mate may be a crossdresser, I also disagree. maybe in today's more modern "trans" in the news world, some may do that. However, I believe that is the last thing they look for while dating.

My wife was sending mixed messages about me dressing up femininely for Halloween. So I dressed in my prettiest skirt during the day at home and wore my unisex scrubs for trick or treating.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was wrong! Went by our 99 Cents store today to pick up some things cheap. They had about 50 witches hats.

However, the price was 25 cents! I even got a few $3 masks for 25 each!

Stock up for next year, Krisi!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Think even kids have got bored with Halloween these days,certainly in the UK,no kids came to our door not one.Think the rot set in when kids didn't have to work for their candy (telling joke,singing) anymore,when trick or treat made its way across the Atlantic

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I went trick or treating with my kids (in menswear). The neighborhood we were in was crowded with kids in costumes begging for candy.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I picked up a poodle skirt on clearance at the Halloween store last night. I was eyeing it before Halloween but couldn't justify the cost if I wasn't sure if I could actually wear it out. Wearing it now, I love it

I confer with many of the others here. We had not a single trick-or-treater.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Krisi, there's always next year.
    Zero kids this year, it can't get much lower. ;
    Krisi

Halloween was the one day a year that my wife didn't mind if I dressed. Took the kids trick or treating (I let my daughter do my makeup, for a young girl she did a decent job). I've dressed for work a couple of times, usually as some kind of character and always had a good time.

Sorry you didn't have anyone stop by.

I don't really care for Halloween. I'm out and live as a transgender person, so dressing is an everyday thing. I dress up in costume because Its expected of me by my friends. I just wore my leopard print , my best friend was like you wore that last year. I pointed out that I was wearing a different skirt. I promised that I would come up with something new next year.

So on Saturday night it was the party at the bar with my friends.

On Halloween night I stayed home and gave out candy. We had a lot of kids, which was good as I knew, I would and did eat all the left over candy over the next few days.

Reality Check
    I'm not fond of Halloween either but it happens once a year. A I posted above, we usually just stay away from home and avoid it but this year that wasn't convenient.
    Krisi