Thread: Daughter gave me a "First Christmas" ornament

Daughter gave me a "First Christmas" ornament

My very accepting 22 year old daughter and I were in a hobby store today, primarily to see if we could find any deeply discounted Halloween decorations, on the day after the holiday. I am at the mid point of month three of living full-time female, now that I have committed to full MtF transition.

We check out different aisles, and she comes back to me after a while with a big grin on her face. She hands me a Christmas ornament, one clearly intended to celebrate a baby girl's first Christmas - a pink and white teddy bear, with a snow-globe-like tummy, and the 2018 year on a banner on the base. She flicks a switch on the base, and grins wider as the bear's tummy cycles through rainbow colors.

"This is for you," she said, still grinning happily. "After all, it is going to be 'her' first Christmas, isn't it?"

God, I love my kid! Yeah, we bought it.

Especially poignant... because we don't yet know how my being full time female will affect our Christmas plans this year.

I can't celebrate with my sister and her 4 adult kids and their spouses, because her homophobic husband hates me. And he doesn't even know yet that I have committed to full transition. He just knows I cross dress socially, and that I am bi.

We have in the past spent at least part of Christmas with my two sisters in law - the sisters of my late wife. Last year, they were the only family we celebrated with. They will be finding out in the next week that I've been largely living as a woman since my wife's death 4 years ago, and that I am now full time female. They are both very liberal families, and I hope they will be accepting, but I won't know until they respond to the news... I mean, finding out that their late little sisters husband is now female?

Your daughter had such a cute idea.
    I'm sure that she was proud of herself. She should be.
    You should be proud of her too.
    At the least you will have Christmas with your daughter.
    However, I suspect that you will find others to celebrate with.
    How could anyone not want to spend a holiday with a fun person like you?

Ceera what your daughter did is a great augury of the great christmas you will have.
    I recommend you that see the full half of the glass and it is going to be full sooner merry Christmas!
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Ceera, I feel the same joy and appreciation for my 29 year old daughter. Out of the blue, she sent me this card. It really made me happy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aaawww, So sweet !!! Some wonderful daughters out there!!! I got a little misty eyed.

Joyce, I love that card! You have a great daughter!

Aspiring Member
    Wow! I so love the way Ceera's and Joyce's daughters show their love - SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

now that IS a real christmas present

the first christmas after I came out to my daughter, she gave me two bottles of nail polish :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er