Thread: Closet door opens wider everyday

Closet door opens wider everyday

I used to hate halloween, now it is my friend.
    I took a photo and let my iPhone do its majic with with the stuff it does.

I found it very funny and showed it to my youngest daughter (29).
    She said I was beautiful. I left it at that for a day.
    Yesterday I askedh er what she meant and she said exactly what she said. Beautiful.

I then told her I would not mind dressing up as a female. Her response was it would be so fun to dress in drag.
    I said yeah that would be fun, but I want to see if I can pull off looking like a woman. Her response was "Oh that is completely different!"

rct hallo.jpg
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Wonderful! Sounds like a nice lunch in a quiet yet trendy place is in order for that follow on conversation. Why? Obviously you let that cat start getting out of the bag. Why leave her guessing when you can create a special moment for you (a relief from all the hiding) and for her, depending on how she takes it, a wonderful moment or .... ? Good luck and enjoy.

Oh, I have last year's iPhone 8. How can I do what you did? I need a little magic in my life.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like the door is open anyway so you never know one day she may do your make up just to see what you look like.
    Awesome pic !!! Love it.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Spencer View Post
    I then told her I would not mind dressing up as a female. Her response was it would be so fun to dress in drag.
    Hey, we all gotta start somewhere, sometimes!

I don't know why drag gets such a bad rap in this community. (Actually, I've heard why, but just don't agree with that side of things. At all.)

Bottom line? Doing drag can be FUN!

And guess what? Some of these younger GG's (perhaps like your daughter) love to join in, too!! Like, they'll even get all dolled-up in a drag look, along with you, and have a fun girls' night out. Yes, this actually happens. Quite often enough, at that.

Somewhere down the road, I say bring up the subject again with her. *Both* of you can do the drag thing. (And have her help with your outfit/make-up/wig. ) Have her invite anyone else she wants -- only criteria is that they all have to dress up in drag (including any/all GG's).

And then all of you hit a drag club, or "drag night" at an LGBT venue!

Seriously, not kidding... Plenty of younger GG's dig this kind of stuff these days.

Hey, if that's the "best" you can get, at least for now, then I say go for it!

Heidi you are going to have to lay that one by ear. I'd tell her lets do the drag thing and really work n the makeup skills. Then you might gradually work into a femme presentation. She might help with the drag and teach you something in the mean time about being a made up woman. Work into it slowly.

Heidi, Good for you on mentioning it to your daughter. I think it could be a fun time. I agree with Allie about taking her to lunch and continuing the conversation. Good luck!
    Crissy

The last comment, completely different, is that a negative response?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I hope it works out for you and your daughter to become girlfriends as well! One of my daughters (based on the things I see that she likes to do and the outlook she has on life) MAY be someone I can confide in, too! I'm trying to work up the courage!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    The last comment, completely different, is that a negative response?
    I think her daughter is indicating her dad dressing in drag would not be able to deceive others. She sees her father as a man in a dress. Of course her image of her father in inprinted in her mind. Maybe others would be able to be deceived since they would have no visual imprint.